The folkish metal band from chile have set 31 of October 2004 as the official release date to their debut album "Sounds of Pain". There will be a availble a digipack version of the album, for information of how to get the album visit their official website: http://www.uaral.cl/

Band profile: Uaral

Posted: 20.10.2004 by Metalforthespirit

Comments

Death_95 - 08.04.2014 at 06:22
No one knew what was coming back then! Thank you Uaral.
Góral - 08.04.2014 at 19:40
Written by Death_95 on 08.04.2014 at 06:22

No one knew what was coming back then! Thank you Uaral.

It was to be expected, if you listened to their demos before Equally perfect.
mz - 08.04.2014 at 21:33
Please replace those crappy vocals with something good.
Lit. - 08.04.2014 at 21:40
Can someone fix that typo please?
!J.O.O.E.! - 08.04.2014 at 21:44
Why is a really poorly written news article from 2004 suddenly being commented on?
Mr. Doctor - 08.04.2014 at 21:48
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 08.04.2014 at 21:44

Damn it Joe. I wanted to see how long it'd take mz to find out.
!J.O.O.E.! - 08.04.2014 at 21:50
Written by Mr. Doctor on 08.04.2014 at 21:48

Damn it Joe. I wanted to see how long it'd take mz to find out.

Oops. Surely he must know that this isn't a new article though...
Mr. Doctor - 08.04.2014 at 21:56
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 08.04.2014 at 21:50

Written by Mr. Doctor on 08.04.2014 at 21:48

Damn it Joe. I wanted to see how long it'd take mz to find out.

Oops. Surely he must know that this isn't a new article though...

If he wrote "Please replace those crappy vocals with something good." I doubt he bothered to check the date.
!J.O.O.E.! - 08.04.2014 at 22:06
Written by Mr. Doctor on 08.04.2014 at 21:56

Well I'm sure he'll pipe up at some point and will reveal all
mz - 08.04.2014 at 22:49
Ok guys,no excuse can make up for this shit.
But still, please release another album and replace those crappy vocals with something good.
Also, I commented because someone else commented here today, and I was too tired to see that it's 2004, not 2014.
Marcel Hubregtse - 08.04.2014 at 23:07
Those vocals fit the music really well. If those vocals are replaced they will become a run of the mill doomish folk band.
Mr. Doctor - 08.04.2014 at 23:10
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.04.2014 at 23:07

I think they are just too damn loud. The volume alone would help me a lot to get into them. Doesn't affect the music in the long run anyways, I can totally listen to it without really noticing them. But If I pay attention to them I hate them.
Marcel Hubregtse - 08.04.2014 at 23:14
Written by Mr. Doctor on 08.04.2014 at 23:10

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.04.2014 at 23:07

That's not a problem with the vocals you've got but with the mix of the album. So the mix is crap to you NOT the vocals themselves.
Mr. Doctor - 08.04.2014 at 23:17
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.04.2014 at 23:14

Written by Mr. Doctor on 08.04.2014 at 23:10

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.04.2014 at 23:07

Well, that too. A different mix would help a lot but the vocals themselves are off every now and then. Sometimes the growls are too low or the cries or high pitch screams too melodramatic. I wouldn't have a problem with them being together with the metal parts but they don't fit well when it's just acoustic.

Then again, one could argue that it's just that contrast that made Uaral what they are! Odd... but the point is that I still like them a lot.
Marcel Hubregtse - 08.04.2014 at 23:20
Written by Mr. Doctor on 08.04.2014 at 23:17

Indeed that is the case, without that contrast they'd be just one of many other bands, totally interchangeable.
Góral - 09.04.2014 at 00:38
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.04.2014 at 23:20

Written by Mr. Doctor on 08.04.2014 at 23:17

I think that not a vocal contrast, but this unique, beautiful, depressive, acoustic passages - that is what they are. Totally interchangeable.. hmm. Maybe I have so much catching up to do.. but I really want find anything like this
Troy Killjoy - 09.04.2014 at 06:02
That typo. 8 years later and still unfixed. I say keep it.
no one - 09.04.2014 at 06:20
The vocals sound like somebody burping into a microphone

@mz....wouldn't you click with Death_95's comment "No one knew what was coming back then" it wasn't a new album

Also how could they have a new album when they aren't even a band anymore
!J.O.O.E.! - 09.04.2014 at 13:27
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.04.2014 at 06:02

That typo. 8 years later and still unfixed. I say keep it.

Also: "31 of October 2004," no capital on Chile and "There will be a availble a digipack version" which is a grammatical and spelling nightmare. It's quite amusing to say the least.
Troy Killjoy - 09.04.2014 at 17:06
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 09.04.2014 at 13:27

Seems my math is off too. 10 years, not 8.

We should revert to the good old days of MS as k7 would say.
Erik M. - 21.04.2014 at 17:21
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.04.2014 at 23:07

I disagree. Obviously the clean vocals are excellent and it's the growls that most people have a problem with. Honestly, the growls aren't great but I wouldn't call them horrible. What is horrible though, is the crying. Honestly, without those cries I'd definitely enjoy the album more. I still think it's a masterpiece due to the music itself, which really stands out in the folk doom genre I'd say.
Erik M. - 21.04.2014 at 17:21
Written by Mr. Doctor on 08.04.2014 at 23:10

The vocals are too loud you say, so how can you not notice them when you listen (pay attention) to the music?

Written by Mr. Doctor on 08.04.2014 at 23:17

I'm very fond of the combination of different vocal styles, but I agree the growls are too low sometimes and indeed the cries are way too melodramatic. Without cries it would be better for sure, I'm convinced of that.
Erik M. - 21.04.2014 at 17:21
Written by Góral on 09.04.2014 at 00:38

Pretty much my thoughts as well.
Mr. Doctor - 21.04.2014 at 21:10
Written by Erik M. on 21.04.2014 at 17:21

Written by Mr. Doctor on 08.04.2014 at 23:10

That probably sounded weird but like I said, they are too high on the mix. Most of the time I can ignore them if they don't sound ridiculous enough but sometimes it does give me a twich in my eye.
I personally don't have much problems with the high-pitches screams (probably because it doesn't happen to often)... The growls on the other hand are less to mi liking. At the end of the day I still can overlook the vocals most of the time though.

News Susperia - U.S. Release Date Set 5.5 31.05.2007 by dismaleuphony
News Devin Townsend - Unveils Live DVD Box Set Cover And Release Date 5.5 23.03.2012 by BloodTears
News Deeds Of Flesh - Set New Album Release Date 5.5 09.07.2012 by psykometal