Swedish death/black metal band Zonaria reports that they've finished writing all the music for their upcoming album. The album recording will be handeled by Jonas Kjellgren (Scar Symmetry, Sonic Syndicate, Hypocrisy, Centinex, Carnal Forge) in the famous studio Abyss (Dimmu Borgir, Children Of Bodom, Pain, Hypocrisy, Sabaton, Dark Funeral, Immortal, Celtic Frost, Marduk).

Simon Berglund states about recording in Abyss: "I'm stoked about going in to the studio with Jonas. He did an amazing job on Infamy And The Breed and have done some more incredible work with other bands. And not to mention recording in studio Abyss for the first time. Many of our all-time favorites have recorded in that studio and something magic always happens with the albums recorded there."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Zonaria

Posted: 11.01.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

Italics - 11.01.2010 at 01:52
I really liked the single off of their last album (forget the name... it had a video). Checked out some of their other stuff and it bored the hell out of me.
Troy Killjoy - 11.01.2010 at 03:55
I remember reviewing The Cancer Empire and giving it a 7 (a "good" release by MetalStorm standards), and even went so far as to ignore my proofreader's suggestion to lower my grade as the review seemed to bash the band. About 3 months have passed since then, and I would maybe rate it a 5, along with their Hypocrisy-worshiping debut album.

That being said, I'm hoping these guys come out with something more original. I know they're extremely young and obviously play in ode to their influences, but it's time to mature and step up to the plate, produce some hard-hitting material and work their way into becoming a force in the metal scene, otherwise they'll just become another bland melo-death act, if they aren't considered as such already.

I guess here's to hoping that recording in a studio that has seen the likes of just about every one of their favorite bands doesn't rub off on them in the wrong way, and that indeed something magic happens.
Vitriolic Hate - 11.01.2010 at 04:32
I hope to not have that annoying ala Dimmu Borgir vocal FX!!
annodomini - 11.01.2010 at 14:00
Ihope this will be similiar to debut, cause that one was marvelous.

News Diabulus In Musica - New Album On The Way 7 10.02.2011 by HateSpark