Andreas Halvardsson has decided to step down as the drummer of Diablo Swing Orchestra due to personal reasons. A statement from the band reads as follows:

"We wish Andreas the best in his future musical endeavors. The good news is that we have found a replacement and would like to say welcome to Petter Karlsson (ex-Therion, Holocoaster) as a full time member of Diablo Swing Orchestra. We've only had one rehearsal together so far but we were all blown away by his drumming so check him out on his MySpace. Petter is also a skilled songwriter so it will be interesting to see what he can add to the already twisted process of making a Diablo Swing Orchestra song.

We are now rehearsing to get ready for touring later this year, new songs are also in the making and pre-production will probably start in the winter. Hope to see you on the road."

(Also thank to BudDa)

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Diablo Swing Orchestra

Posted: 19.01.2010 by Daggon

Comments

Metal Maiden - 19.01.2010 at 16:53
Always nice to see ex-Therion members joining bands I love... Though as much as I loved DSO's debut, their second album was a bit disappointing for me, I hope their next one makes up for it...
BudDa - 19.01.2010 at 17:12
I really liked their first album and the second; just blew me away. I don't think having a different drummer is going to take away or add anything to the band. Anyway, only time will tell.
Black Conundrum - 20.01.2010 at 02:05
Nice, they have connections with Therion now. I bet he'll be a good influence on the band and their music.
Angel_Lament - 20.01.2010 at 02:09
Wow, thats a good news!
Daggon - 20.01.2010 at 06:34
A great drummer for a great band, their two albums are simply awesome, so I hope this will add more energy to the band.
MétalNoir - 20.01.2010 at 23:28
Bah, drum never was DSO's #1 element, so there's nothing to worry about, I guess. As long as heavy metal keeps breeding with flamenco and salsa, everything should be all right ^^

News Diablo Swing Orchestra - Part Ways With Drummer, Tour Replacement Announced 8.5 29.03.2012 by Unhealer
News Diablo Swing Orchestra - Licencing Deal With Candlelight 7.5 18.05.2007 by wrathchild
News Diablo Swing Orchestra - Working On New Material 7.5 09.07.2007 by Bas