Metal Blade Records will be releasing a special edition of Fates Warning's Parallels. In addition to remastered audio there will be a second audio disc of live and demo material. The package will also include a DVD with nearly 3 hours of material, including a complete live show from the 1992 Parallels tour and a documentary on the making of Parallels which includes live, studio, and current day interview footage with all the band members, Terry Brown (producer) and Brian Slagel (CEO Metal Blade Records).

Tentative release date is set for March 16, 2010.

To coincide with this release the Parallels lineup, Ray Alder, Jim Matheos, Frank Aresti, Joe DiBiase, and Mark Zonder, are planning a few one-off reunion shows. At this time the only confirmed shows are:

March 26 - Thessaloniki, Greece
March 27 - Athens, Greece

There will likely be one or two US shows added to this, and possibly one more European date.

Source: fateswarning.com
Band profile: Fates Warning

Posted: 22.01.2010 by Dahalak

Comments

Dark Seraphim - 22.01.2010 at 14:44
Awesome album by an awesome band, I'm so glad they didn't "Leave The Past Behind"
BloodTears - 22.01.2010 at 16:23
A gem for the fans, I'm sure.
treptolemus - 22.01.2010 at 18:05
I think that the fans already have the album. Maybe a great chance for those who don't have it; i'd prefer more if they could release it (the bonus) with a new album (maybe next year)
Anyway great stuff from any "point of view"
Introspekrieg - 22.01.2010 at 23:14
Written by treptolemus on 22.01.2010 at 18:05

Anyway great stuff from any "point of view"

I have the album but a couple tracks skip and I would like to hear the remastered version. Not to mention the great bonus material makes it a worthwhile purchase for me.
Antidote - 22.01.2010 at 23:19
Great news!
Looking forward to see this re-release "eye to eye"
treptolemus - 23.01.2010 at 01:55
Written by Antidote on 22.01.2010 at 23:19

Great news!
Looking forward to see this re-release "eye to eye"

We're good, we're very good i see! More comments with song titles or lyrics from the album would be fine! And remember ofcourse: "A different opinion is just another point of view"

I'll try to see them live in March...

@Introspekrieg: ok, and the price probably won't be too high, anyway i believe most of their albums will have the same type of release - in the future, "APSOG" is with a dvd now, & i think the "Awaken the Guardian" was remastered, plus live cd & dvd...
tea[m]ster - 23.01.2010 at 11:55
A reunion? Perhaps talk of a new album? In the meantime, to hold me over I will pick up this gem (I have almost 450 cds and awarded 14 of them "10's" - this is one of them!) but "Don't Follow Me" to the record store!
x-avier - 12.02.2010 at 18:27
This is with no doubt one of the best progressive metal albums of all time. Don´t follow me is just so addicted!!!!!

News Fates Warning - New Album Update 7.5 28.12.2012 by strade
News Arch/Matheos - Debut Album Title Revealed 7.5 21.06.2011 by nb
News Fates Warning - New Album Details Unveiled 7.5 01.08.2013 by Diverge
News Jim Matheos - Releasing Experimental Guitar Album 7.5 03.02.2014 by andreosokin
News Fates Warning - Release New Album Sampler 7.5 26.09.2013 by andreosokin