We're happy to introduce you the new 24 bands, now just a month before the final announcement… Fans of desert rock will be thrilled, as will fans of black metal and 80's punk! The bill will also appeal to those nostalgic for US rock, thrashers and death-metal experts, hardcore fans and, of course, good old metalheads will be happy too! And finally true heavy metal fans will have the chance to see the cult of the legendary speed metal band from Canada, Anvil!

JOHN GARCIA PLAYS KYUSS - JELLO BIAFRA AND THE GUANTANAMO SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - BIOHAZARD

ANVIL - BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME - BRANT BJORK AND THE BROSS - DELAIN - DISCIPLINE - DEW SCENTED - EVILE - GOROD - KMFDM - LOUDBLAST - MARDUK - MONDO GENERATOR - NACHTMYSTIUM - NEVERMORE - NILE - OTARGOS - RATT - SIGH - THE YOUNG GODS - WATAIN - Y&T - YAWNING MAN

GWAR cancels…

We're sorry to tell you that GWAR has canceled. The booking agent and the band have decided to postpone the tour in August…

In one month's time, the 26th of February, we will reveal to you the last and biggest names, the bands which be headlining the festival for a last "blast", which will be devastating!

Keep an eye on the new www.hellfest.fr which should open at the end of the day!

Hellfest Team

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2010

Posted: 26.01.2010 by Jeff

Comments

Darkside Momo - 25.01.2010 at 13:32
NEVERMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just book Orphaned Land and it'll be perfect!

Also, Gorod, Nachtmystium, The Young Gods.... yum yum
Valentin B - 25.01.2010 at 14:03
Hmm.. the only bands that really tickle me are Nevermore and Evile..i guess this means i won't be there this year, though it does depend on what the 2 other headliners are.
iMorphball - 25.01.2010 at 14:30
Dude, Nile! Nice!
Marcel Hubregtse - 25.01.2010 at 14:34
With these names it is now 100% certain Hellfest will blow all the other open air summer festvials out of the water.
Dangerboner - 25.01.2010 at 14:42
John Garcia plays Kyuss?!?!?!

That will be awesome

I was just wondering last night what that guy was up to
Marcel Hubregtse - 25.01.2010 at 14:43
Written by Dangerboner on 25.01.2010 at 14:42

John Garcia plays Kyuss?!?!?!

That will be awesome

I was just wondering last night what that guy was up to

Well, playing Kyuss songs as well in April at Roadburn
Dangerboner - 25.01.2010 at 14:44
Who will be playing the instruments? Scott Reeder... Brant Bjork?
Marcel Hubregtse - 25.01.2010 at 14:47
Written by Dangerboner on 25.01.2010 at 14:44

Who will be playing the instruments? Scott Reeder... Brant Bjork?

Nope... I wish hahaha
Wierdly though Reeder and Bjork will be present at Roadburn with Goatsnake and Brant Bjork and the Bros.

Garcia will be helped out by two old Celestial Season guys.
Dangerboner - 25.01.2010 at 14:51
Wait.... Goatsnake is back together? So Greg Anderson is going to put his pretentious Sunn O))) band on hold for a bit to at least tour with Goatsnake?
Marcel Hubregtse - 25.01.2010 at 14:53
Written by Dangerboner on 25.01.2010 at 14:51

I think the Goatsnake gig is a one off but am not sure. Sunn O))) pretentious? Hell no.
routa - 25.01.2010 at 16:08
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.01.2010 at 14:53

Written by Dangerboner on 25.01.2010 at 14:51

Sunn O))) pretentious? Hell no.

Hell yes

Hmh, still nothing for me.
Athropos - 25.01.2010 at 16:30
Gorod and Loudblast, French Metal :-)
soadbyob - 25.01.2010 at 16:44
Damn, gwar cancelled
AyΣm - 25.01.2010 at 18:00
F***ing crazy Loudblast is alive ?!?!
Baz Anderson - 25.01.2010 at 19:15
The only problem I have is the lack of power metal. Primal Fear and Sabaton... yes... good... but I'm still surprised this French festival hasn't backed Heavenly after they released another great album. Hellfest is the only place someone like me outside of France gets chance to see bands like them that don't get the opportunity to tour outside their own country.
arj - 25.01.2010 at 20:37
Very happy with the announcement. Nevermore, Marduk and Nile m/
White Winter Sun - 25.01.2010 at 21:54
Good bunch of new names. Also good to see Gorod and Loudblast added to the list.
Wilkinson - 25.01.2010 at 23:40
Some of these names I don't know at all, but there are also quite a lot of bands I'd like to see on this line-up!!! I'll be there anyway! And waiting for February 26th..
Promonex - 26.01.2010 at 02:37
Kyuss, KMFDM, The Young Gods, Mondo Generator, Nevermore, Watain, Gorod and Delain! I DEFINITELY have to be there!
Marcel Hubregtse - 26.01.2010 at 03:14
Written by Promonex on 26.01.2010 at 02:37

Kyuss,

There is no Kyuss there. It is Garcia singing Kyuss songs with a different back-up band. Only Garcia was part of Kyuss.
Promonex - 26.01.2010 at 03:25
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.01.2010 at 03:14

Written by Promonex on 26.01.2010 at 02:37

Kyuss,

The songs remain the same, so it's still enough Kyuss for me. Wouldn't you be just as glad about a Zouille Plays Sortilege kinda thing? I have to confess, I am somewhat surprised though that both Brant Bjork and Nick Olivieri are on the same fest, but aren't on stage with John Garcia. Or maybe they will be? Would be pretty awesome if such a constellation came into existence again.
Marcel Hubregtse - 26.01.2010 at 03:30
Written by Promonex on 26.01.2010 at 03:25

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.01.2010 at 03:14

Written by Promonex on 26.01.2010 at 02:37

Kyuss,

I hope Nick won't be on stage with Garcia. Cause as well all know the definitive Kyuss has Reeder on bass Bjork on drums and Homme on guitar. I doubt Garcia will play with Nick. Nick is one of the most unreliable people around it seems.
Garcia doing a karoake Kyuss is of course fun, but nowhere near Kyuss the real thing same would apply to Zouille doing Sortilège.
Promonex - 26.01.2010 at 04:03
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.01.2010 at 03:30

Written by Promonex on 26.01.2010 at 03:25

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.01.2010 at 03:14

Written by Promonex on 26.01.2010 at 02:37

Kyuss,

I certainly wouldn't mind the "Blues for the Red Sun" lineup sans Homme. Yeah, I heard of Olivieri tending to behave like an unprofessional idiot, but for such a case Garcia still has his backup band
Ilham - 26.01.2010 at 12:06
Written by Baz Anderson on 25.01.2010 at 19:15

About Heavenly, they're just not touring yet. But who knows, they might start at Hellfest just for you .

I'm waiting for the last announcement in February. I have seen almost all the bands announced this time, although it'd be good to see Marduk, Nile, and Watain again. Funny to see Otargos in this list as well.
Darkside Momo - 26.01.2010 at 12:10
Written by Ilham on 26.01.2010 at 12:06

Nile

As far as brutal and technical death metal go, Suffocation and Gorod are much better live than Nile, believe me!
Ilham - 26.01.2010 at 13:17
Written by Darkside Momo on 26.01.2010 at 12:10

Written by Ilham on 26.01.2010 at 12:06

Nile

Hey, I've seen the three of them, but I just like Nile the most .
Darkside Momo - 26.01.2010 at 13:38
Written by Ilham on 26.01.2010 at 13:17

Written by Darkside Momo on 26.01.2010 at 12:10

Written by Ilham on 26.01.2010 at 12:06

Nile

Hey, I've seen the three of them, but I just like Nile the most .

Where studio albums are concerned, I'm torn between Nile & Gorod. Live, it's Suffocation without any doubts for me.
Jeff - 26.01.2010 at 22:05
Written by Ilham on 26.01.2010 at 12:06

Written by Baz Anderson on 25.01.2010 at 19:15

That's the real problem you know. People say that they have seen all the bands already, but if we only add unknown and rare bands everybody whine too haha not easy for Ben to do the line up : o)
Marcel Hubregtse - 26.01.2010 at 22:14
Written by Jeff on 26.01.2010 at 22:05

Looking at the names that have been confirmed I doubt that people have seen MOST of the bands. There are loads of bands there that are quite underground or haven't played for a long long time.
i think most people say they have seen most bands on the line-up when they have seen 30-40 of them. Well, in my book that's not MOST.
Jeff - 26.01.2010 at 22:18
Well yes, with real real fans or open minded people. But for the others (the one who ask the most actually lol) that's different.

Im proud of the line up, not a lot of big festivals have the balls to book some of the bands which will play at HF this year
Darkside Momo - 26.01.2010 at 22:54
Written by Jeff on 26.01.2010 at 22:18

As always Jeff, as always
But you won't stop the complaining, as everyone would love to see the fest he's going to be his own perfect line-up...
Marcel Hubregtse - 26.01.2010 at 23:22
Written by Darkside Momo on 26.01.2010 at 22:54

Written by Jeff on 26.01.2010 at 22:18

As always Jeff, as always

But but but but I haven't whined, and there are a lot of bands on here I don't want to see. I onl think it is a good thing such bands are there, cause that leaves me fun time
Ilham - 28.01.2010 at 16:16
Written by Jeff on 26.01.2010 at 22:05

Hey! I'm not whining!
Ilham - 28.01.2010 at 16:19
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.01.2010 at 23:22

But but but but I haven't whined

So what is this then?

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.01.2010 at 22:14

And, just to whine a bit myself, I repeat I was talking about the announcement, not the whole festival. I have seen most of the bands of that announcement. I suppose it must be clear now. Ok, maybe not most, I'll say more than half. And what the hell, I'll come with a more accurate figure, which will not allow you to complain. Is 65% ok for you?
Bad English - 28.01.2010 at 22:03
For me
ANVIL - EVILE - NEVERMORE - NILE - RATT - - Y&T

News Hellfest 2014 - First Bands Confirmed 5 19.09.2013 by Darkside Momo
News Hellfest Open Air 2014 - New Bands Announced 4.5 04.12.2013 by Derelict Earth
News Hellfest 2011 - First Confirmed Bands 4.5 30.09.2010 by DerRozzengarten
News Hellfest 2012 - First Bands And Tickets On Sale! 4.5 29.09.2011 by DerRozzengarten
News Hellfest Open Air - Final Bands To Be Announced This Thursday 4.5 23.01.2011 by Baz Anderson