The new Eluveitie album Everything Remains As It Never Was is being streamed in its entirety on the band's MySpace page.

The album is scheduled for release on February 19 via Nuclear Blast Records. Here's the tracklisting again:

01. Otherworld
13. The Liminal Passage

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Eluveitie

Posted: 12.02.2010 by Sjuk

Comments

fade - 12.02.2010 at 20:09
So far it is what you would expect from Eluveitie - I like it.
Ellrohir - 12.02.2010 at 20:11
I wouldnt expect it, but it surely nice move
Dani5050 - 12.02.2010 at 21:22
Listening to it right now, pretty good, I like it
Westvann - 12.02.2010 at 21:23
Sounds good=D
|pyro| - 12.02.2010 at 21:38
I LIKE IT, good old Eluveitie
Valaskjalf - 12.02.2010 at 21:48
Yay another "Riverdance" metal album....this shit is getting pretty stale very quick, or maybe Im the only one thinking this. And apart from that i hate how forced the growls are....guys like Stanne or Hegg or any of those "MeloDeath" kinda vocalists have a way of doing impressive deep vocals/semi-growls without sounding like they have to put any effort into it.

This dude sounds like he has to take a 10 hour break between songs because hes trying so hard and forces it out instead of it sounding natural.

And apart from that, the album title is the most pretentious bullshit Ive ever heard..."Everything Remains As It Never Was" means absolutely nothing. Its supposed to sound clever but its actually very dumb and more of the pseudo-intellectual crap that is saturating metal these days.

Double meh
WorpeX - 12.02.2010 at 23:34
Sounds awesome!
Pétur - 13.02.2010 at 00:26
Decent, but nothing new.
JÄY - 13.02.2010 at 00:31
Written by Valaskjalf on 12.02.2010 at 21:48

yeah, he should stop giving it is all...i mean..whats the point of trying? its way cooler when you act like you dont care
Dark Cornatus - 13.02.2010 at 00:41
Written by Valaskjalf on 12.02.2010 at 21:48

Double meh

Obviously you dont like Eluveitie as they are all "riverdance' albums. What are you expecting them to do with their sound? Yes there are alot of generic folk bands, but look at almost all genres of metal! As long as bands have their unique sound in the genres, they can produce something at least moderately fresh. Eluveitie have done this, and stuck with that style, because it works. I dont really get what you mean with the vocalist, why does he have to do vocals like other melo-death bands? Maybe they wanted a rougher approach? It is folk metal afterall.

I agree with you for the title though as it is so common these days to quote or state something that means nothing (i.e. contradicting the statement), this goes beyond music too.
Valaskjalf - 13.02.2010 at 00:49
Written by JÄY on 13.02.2010 at 00:31

Written by Valaskjalf on 12.02.2010 at 21:48

Yes sarcasm makes it all better....all im saying is I find his voice quite poor. Whether he gives it his all or not. Just my opinion so I guess im entitled to it...
JÄY - 13.02.2010 at 00:55
Written by Valaskjalf on 13.02.2010 at 00:49

Written by JÄY on 13.02.2010 at 00:31

Written by Valaskjalf on 12.02.2010 at 21:48

dang, i was hoping youd fight me a little more, on that.....hahaha
Dominus - 13.02.2010 at 01:01
Awesome!!!
I want now!!
Marcus - 13.02.2010 at 02:14
Written by Valaskjalf on 12.02.2010 at 21:48

Totally agree, that's been my biggest gripe with Eluveitie since Slania. In general they'd probably be better laying off a little on the melodeath in general.

The only good thing with this band is they're a ton of fun live, maybe with this new album they'll do a new tour, at least that's worth the money.
Wes - 13.02.2010 at 02:43
Best album ever, I love this better than slania. Love this so much. That's it.
Valaskjalf - 13.02.2010 at 02:54
Written by JÄY on 13.02.2010 at 00:55

Written by Valaskjalf on 13.02.2010 at 00:49

Written by JÄY on 13.02.2010 at 00:31

Written by Valaskjalf on 12.02.2010 at 21:48

dang, i was hoping youd fight me a little more, on that.....hahaha

lol Id thought for once Id be gentle on someone in here, i always tend to get all up in people's shit haha But for future reference Id take you on, glad theres someone else on here who likes fighting as much as me
Briche - 13.02.2010 at 04:21
Its a good cd but for the people who have listened slania or spirit is a little boring. Nothing new.
Lord_Regnier - 13.02.2010 at 05:34
Written by Valaskjalf on 12.02.2010 at 21:48

You're not the only one to think Pagan/Viking/Folk Metal is getting stale quickly. Imo, this genre, if I can call it like that, is the most plagued by genericness of all metal genres. Even more than Powermetal.
Way too many bands who sound the same. And lots of band play mediocre metal music with folk elements thrown in the mix in attempt to hide this mediocrity.
Locke - 13.02.2010 at 08:34
"Hurr it's generic/stale derp".

Yeah, great criticism bro.

Ignoring all the dipshit folk haters, the album seems solid for the most part. Maybe not as good as Slania, but we'll see.
Metal Maiden - 13.02.2010 at 13:14
The good thing about Spirit was that it sounded like a folky version of Dark Tranquillity...The bad thing about Slaniq was that it sounded like a folky version of In Flames...I have yet to hear this one...
Lord_Regnier - 13.02.2010 at 14:59
Written by Locke on 13.02.2010 at 08:34

"Hurr it's generic/stale derp".

Yeah, great criticism bro.

Not our fault if you can't be critical. If you're unhappy, it doesn't matter to me. I don't feel any guilt when my comments hurt the feelings of others on forums, only amusement when they're people I 'virtually' hate or if I find their comments, in general, stupid.
Shadowcross - 13.02.2010 at 20:26
Wow.. a lot of criticising each others opinions in here.

Some tracks sound really great, others sound very plain.. not a bad thing but I hope it grows on me more.

Written by Valaskjalf on 12.02.2010 at 21:48

You should check out the band Dalriada..

I agree about the album title.. when I did a double take I realised how meaningless it really is.
Locke - 14.02.2010 at 10:55
Written by Lord_Regnier on 13.02.2010 at 14:59

Written by Locke on 13.02.2010 at 08:34

"Hurr it's generic/stale derp".

Yeah, great criticism bro.

Cool story bro.
Niesiebudka - 15.02.2010 at 16:44
Like some of you said: nothing new. Why should I buy it, if I've already got 'Spirit' and 'Slania'? And the title is, indeed, strange.
Thorion_Covenant - 15.02.2010 at 18:47
I'm very excited for this album. I love the contrast between the classic folk and celtic music with the harsh vocals, and the guitars bridging the gap between the melodic and brutal. The way that they can blend two unbelievably different genre's of music, to me, is pretty awesome.

This album is going to be great. Two thumbs up!

News Eluveitie - Entire New Album Streaming Online 10.5 03.04.2009 by Bleeding angel
News Amaranthe - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7 16.03.2013 by Malphas