The following update has appeared on In Flames's official website:

"Jesper Strömblad, guitarist in In Flames has decided to leave the band permanently.

He had this to say - 'I have decided it is best for me to leave In Flames and to quit the band permanently. The last 17 years have been a blast, and I am proud to have been part of this great journey, with the most talented and amazing people anyone can wish to have the privilege to work with. I'm also the luckiest guy in the world, to have the BEST fans in the world, who have been supporting me during my difficult times. It means the world to me, and I'm determined to fight and defeat my demons once and for all.... and by the help from you guys, I'm on my way. I'm far from done with music, metal, or whatever my direction is taking me, so be sure to hear from me in the future.

...May the Force be with you!'

Anders, Peter, Daniel & Björn commented 'We are losing a great guitar player and musician, but in order to keep a very dear friend this is probably for the best.

If this feels right for Jesper we are behind him 100% on his decision.

It is way too early to speculate about the future and possible replacements and things like that. However, we can assure you that In Flames will continue as a band, release albums and tour the world.

The door to In Flames is always open to Jesper. We are, and will always be behind Jesper 100% on his way to recovery.'"

Source: inflames.com
Band profile: In Flames

Posted: 13.02.2010 by Ellrohir

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

Wes - 15.02.2010 at 11:21
Agreed
iaberis - 15.02.2010 at 14:53
Sad news...
Giza - 15.02.2010 at 18:54
Hope he'll overcome his difficulties. Jesper you will be missed!
And FFS people PLEASE stop bitching around and open your eyes! The guy has huge personal problems and really needs some support!
In_tallica - 17.02.2010 at 22:21
Just when you thought in flames COULD'NT get any worse...
m.s.Paper - 09.03.2010 at 17:48
Personaly,i think its really fucking upsetting that jesper left the band.but even more so than that,that a pheck load of morons keep commentig shit like in flames "died before clayman".

well do ya know fucking what?
if you think that why the fuck are you on the page shit for brains!!

in flames have been my favorite band for the past 7 years now and i love all their stuff new and old.they are completely in a league of their own and their music has changed since the 90's yes but if you dont like that......dont listen.and once more dont bitch about it.
jesper will be missed terribly,and i just hope that whatever he's looking for he finds it and hopefully someday finds his was back to in flames.

the band wont be the same without him.
may the force be with you jesper
StratoDan1990 - 30.03.2010 at 20:12
We want more albums like 'The Jester Race' or Whoracle!!!!
They we're two killer releases, and imo it's their best era.
Ankh Amen - 11.04.2010 at 01:52
Written by hellfire rainbow on 13.02.2010 at 13:43

In Flames will never be the same from now on.... So saaaad.....

In Flames wasn't "the same" after Clayman.
hellfire rainbow - 14.04.2010 at 15:54
Written by Guest on 11.04.2010 at 01:52

Written by hellfire rainbow on 13.02.2010 at 13:43

In Flames will never be the same from now on.... So saaaad.....

In Flames wasn't "the same" after Clayman.

it depends... if you like a iron-maiden-like discography to bands you listen to that repeat themselves again and again, it wasnt... im not that kind of guy....
Thor26 - 15.04.2010 at 10:38
Well, things like these happen. But looking to how many line-up changes they've gone throughout their existence is kindda easier to dig his departure. Look at their page on this site. Way too many guitarist changes (like three in eight years) and way too many session musicians.
Great band though. Wish them best of luck in the future.
Ankh Amen - 16.04.2010 at 01:45
Written by hellfire rainbow on 14.04.2010 at 15:54

Written by Guest on 11.04.2010 at 01:52

Written by hellfire rainbow on 13.02.2010 at 13:43

In Flames will never be the same from now on.... So saaaad.....

In Flames wasn't "the same" after Clayman.

They were not the same after Clayman. Maybe that's good, maybe that's bad - it is a matter of taste. I prefer the Maiden-like self-repetitive discography, you like their semi-metalcore era with false vocals. It's OK.

Pages: 1 [2]

News Pyramaze - Part Ways With Bassist And Guitarist 7 10.02.2011 by Kimiwind
News Panzerchrist - Part Ways With Guitarist 7 23.10.2011 by malaikat
News Gama Bomb - Part Ways With Guitarist, Replacement Announced 7 04.04.2012 by TrollandDie
News Sonata Arctica - Part Ways With Guitarist, Announce Replacement 7 06.08.2007 by Sheol
News Paradox - Part Ways With Guitarist And Drummer 7 03.01.2010 by Ag Fox