Last week the French progressive symphonic metal band reported they had parted ways with vocalist Christian Palin. But the show must go on, as Adagio will be supporting Kamelot on their upcoming European tour next month. Now, Adagio are pleased to announce that none other than Swedish singer Mats Levén (Krux, ex-At Vance, ex-Yngwie Malmsteen, ex-Therion) will be joining them on tour.

Guitarist Stéphan Forté states: "Mats is an incredible singer and performer, with a tremendous technique. His unique tone, both aggressive and melodic, fits Adagio's music wondefully. So, we're very much looking forward to meeting all of you guys next month on the tour with Kamelot... We're fuckin' impatient to share a dark musical moment with you!"

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Adagio
Event: Kamelot

Posted: 21.02.2010 by BudDa

Comments

wrathchild - 21.02.2010 at 15:04
Yet another singer for Adagio? I admit that Christian Palin was a bit out of the Adagio box, but then again I always found Adagio pretty boring on stage so at least he tried to do something in this area. Now I'm happy to see that the temporary replacement is no les than Mats Levén, I might even go to the show with Kamelot in Paris.
K†ulu - 21.02.2010 at 15:07
I don't really know anything about this guy, but I think I have heard good things about him.
Vitriolic Hate - 21.02.2010 at 16:44
Mats is a great singer,good for them
Daggon - 21.02.2010 at 20:38
What a great choice, even if this is just a temporary measure, Mats is an awesome singer.
Black Conundrum - 21.02.2010 at 21:34
Yeah, I heard about this, and wondered to myself whether or not that was the guy from Krux. Sure enough, he is. I also found out that he is rather prolific as a vocalist, so I gained good respect for this guy. He seems very suitable for Adagio.
Number Juan - 22.02.2010 at 03:26
This band changes singers like they change underwear.
BlankFile - 22.02.2010 at 22:36
Another one. Lets hope this one works for real!

News Adagio - To Support Kamelot On Upcoming European Tour 9 10.12.2009 by Number Juan
News Kamelot - To Film Upcoming European Shows For DVD, Announce 2009 European Tour 7 31.07.2008 by Memento Mori
News Arch Enemy - Announce Support Bands For European Tour 5.5 15.09.2012 by neonxaos
News Kreator, Celtic Frost - Announce Support Acts For European Tour 5.5 13.01.2007 by Aghahowa
News Xandria - Bassist To Sit Out Upcoming European Tour 5.5 09.04.2012 by Cynic Metalhead