"The Longest Year", a new video from Swedish metallers Katatonia, has been made available online. The video was directed by Charlie Granberg, and comes off both the band's last effort, Night Is The New Day, and their upcoming EP titled The Longest Year.

[Also thanks to Dark_Blood]

Source: katatonia.com
Band profile: Katatonia

Posted: 02.03.2010 by BudDa

Comments

xplanet2112 - 03.03.2010 at 01:41
An absolutely unbelievable song, it think it's that good! Didn't think much of the the clip for this or the last clip they had but then, it's all about the music eh? Clips were better for GCD... Just my 2p! Can't wait to see them next week!!
Array - 03.03.2010 at 15:18
Better than the previous video, but not as good as Deliberation's video for example.
Dark Blood - 03.03.2010 at 18:39
Correct me if I'm wrong.. but isn't this video directed by Charlie Granberg?

Very nice video btw. I liked it a lot, and the song is quite nice too.
xplanet2112 - 04.03.2010 at 11:33
It says that this was directed by Lasse Hoile, and yes the Deliberation's video is really good! As for this video, I think the 'creepy city at night' image of this clip works, I just think that it's more emotional! I drove home from work very late last night through an industrial estate with this song blasting out, that worked! Just hope I didn't run over any cats!
Dark Blood - 05.03.2010 at 23:36
Written by xplanet2112 on 04.03.2010 at 11:33

It says that this was directed by Lasse Hoile

Says where? In the news here?... cause I could swear it says "Directed by Charlie Granberg" in the beginning of the actual video...
xplanet2112 - 06.03.2010 at 01:12
Written by Dark Blood on 05.03.2010 at 23:36

Written by xplanet2112 on 04.03.2010 at 11:33

It says that this was directed by Lasse Hoile

The text above the video reads:

"The Longest Year", a new video from Swedish metallers Katatonia, has been made available online. [b]The video was directed by Lasse Hoile[b] (Porcupine Tree, Opeth) and comes off both the band's last effort, Night Is The New Day, and their upcoming EP titled The Longest Year.
Ragana - 06.03.2010 at 01:31
Hey, this is cool. VERY cool.
Vitriolic Hate - 06.03.2010 at 01:34
Great clip,greater song!
Dark Blood - 06.03.2010 at 17:27
Written by xplanet2112 on 06.03.2010 at 01:12

The text above the video reads:

Check it again I knew there was something wrong. They got the wrong director, but its fixed now. After all it says on the video
xplanet2112 - 06.03.2010 at 23:39
Ah! I'm with you now brethren. thanks for clearing that one up for me and the rest of us. This song just makes me melt so I was probably not giving the visuals too much attention!

News Katatonia - New Video Posted Online 9 07.03.2007 by