Equilibrium just launched the "Countdown To Recreation": "From now we will post a cool surprise every week until the day of release of Rekreatur on June 18. For a start the album cover art and the tracklist have been posted.

The cover has been designed by Alev who already did the design for Unbesiegt. Furthermore we also uploaded a brand new song. Since the songs on Rekreatur are way more diverse and varied than ever, it wasn't an easy decision which song to post first. We chose "Die Affeninsel" ("The Monkey Island") to begin with."

Andreas Völkl (who wrote the lyrics) shares a bit more info about the song: "Die Affeninsel" is about an adventure in a land far away where three tests must be passed to fullfil a fraternity pledging. It's been inspired by an old pirate tale that some gamers of you might know."

You can check out the new song at MySpace.

Rekreatur [cover art] tracklist:

09. Kurzes Epos [Instrumental]

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Equilibrium

Posted: 16.04.2010 by BudDa

Comments

annodomini - 16.04.2010 at 11:47
I am very happy that there will be Instrumental again. And the new song sounds great, however not so good as Sagas. Maybe it still needs to grow on me. But I love those tropical syths for sure
FeskarN - 16.04.2010 at 13:33
The new song sounds great but not as cathy as "Sagas". Robse sounds really good, i'm satisfied with the new singer at least. Looking forward to the next "suprise" ^^
insanity.peppers - 16.04.2010 at 13:57
The new singer sucks balls. doesn't hold a candle to the last guy. equilibrium only works with those crazy, banshee-like shrieks
Metalmorphosis - 16.04.2010 at 15:56
The song is nice, and I agree that the previous vocal was way better. Also, what the hell is that on the cover art? God damn flying lion with antlers ?!
Carl Berg - 16.04.2010 at 16:18
Metaaal!! ,,/ Equilibrium is back to kick some major ass!!
JÄY - 16.04.2010 at 16:27
Fuck...who ok'ed that album cover?
amarchand - 16.04.2010 at 16:30
Decent song, not up to par with their old material imo, unfortunately.. Also, it could be the dreaded myspace compression but the production was really irritating to put up with. Just hollow sounding and not very ballsy, along with no dynamics. Let's hope it was myspace and not the mixer
Uirapuru - 16.04.2010 at 16:39
Waiting for the full-lenght The cover is very cool.
Sentenced Odiin - 16.04.2010 at 18:13
One of my fav band is Equilibrium, so this so so fucking great news ../ If you are concerned, im a very old Eqi fan, and i say guys the album artwork magnificant, vocals are totally okey...and of course the sound is just so fucking epic! This is the greatest new in this month
Vitriolic Hate - 16.04.2010 at 18:47
Haha the cover art looks funny & cool
ApocalypticaMax3 - 16.04.2010 at 19:50
Wow, loving the song. It does sound a lot like Unbesiegt, but the new signer (even if I prefered the old one) brings it a little touch of something new!

And hey, a song about Monkey Island, how cool is that. =D

The album Artwork was better on Sagas, though ^^'

I hope Kurzes Epos [Instrumental] will be some kind of epic-15 minutes long-ending song like Mana =D
Janne - 17.04.2010 at 01:37
Holy fuck it's awesome!! I'm so happy that the sounding of Equilibrium hadn't changed with the new line-up :)
and i can just hope that Kurzes Epos is the next part of the epicness that started with Mana..
MetalSpider - 17.04.2010 at 01:39
The new song is pretty good but I feel as if there's something missing. I don't know...I'll have to listen to it a few more times. Im still looking forward to the full album though. Im sure it'll be killer!
Black Conundrum - 17.04.2010 at 02:30
The album artwork is freaking sweet. I appreciate the surreal aspect of it. It looks like a lionelkbat or something like that.

Quote:

Could this possibly be referencing Ape Atoll on RuneScape (or more specifically, a quest affiliated with it, Monkey Madness)? Seems consistent, considering that Ape Atoll is an island full of monkeys and apes who, at least at first, are out to kill you if you are a human. I have not done all of the Monkey Madness quest, though, so I don't know whether or not there is some oath or something that needs to be done in order to finish the quest. I know that I have to turn into a monkey later in the quest, though. Those similarities just struck me as rather peculiar.
Baz Anderson - 17.04.2010 at 14:39
The new song sounds good, but yeh, the new singer is just not the same... Helge was much better.
It all seems a bit rushed to me... the band lost two of their original members and seem to be rushing this new album out with two new people. It'll probably be a good album, but nothing compared to the last two.
YoreLore - 17.04.2010 at 16:25
Monkey Island? Good stuff, my favourite series of games
annodomini - 17.04.2010 at 19:07
Written by Baz Anderson on 17.04.2010 at 14:39

Well the whole album was written before those members past away, and also the main composer is Rene. So I agree with you that this album will be different, but not because of departure of some members, but because of natural evolution.
White Winter Sun - 17.04.2010 at 19:19
Indeed the singing is slightly different, but this new song sounds pretty good. As a matter of course I'm definitely looking forward to the release of Rekreatur.
shadowdragonfly1 - 17.04.2010 at 22:31
As the preview son sounds, this album will be as great as Sagas, and i like the new vocalist, he will bring new strength to equilibrium
Introspekrieg - 17.04.2010 at 23:20
Written by JÄY on 16.04.2010 at 16:27

Fuck...who ok'ed that album cover?

I was thinking the same thing... *shudders* even the font is ugly.

At least it's only the music that truly counts, and I am eager to hear "Monkey Island".
Windrider - 27.04.2010 at 23:45
New song is awesome, sounds almost exactly like the old ones, only fresher
And in my opinion the cover artwork is pretty cool, fits to the title perfectly and let me remind of Ensiferum's From Afar

News Ensiferum - More New Album Details, Finnish Tour Announced 7 11.11.2006 by †Bodomchild†
News Poisonblack - New Album Details Announced 7 27.01.2010 by WorpeX
News Be'lakor - New Album Details Announced 7 12.03.2012 by 3rdWorld
News Therion - New Album Details Announced 7 16.10.2006 by jadawal
News Freedom Call - New Album Details And Tour Announced 7 20.10.2013 by mikeprado30