Norwegian gothic metallers Tristania have issued the following album update:

"As we are now completely done with the recording, mixing and mastering of the new album, we proudly announce that Tristania's sixth album has been entitled Rubicon. We think the result has turned out amazing, and we're extremely eager to get this album released. The photo shoot has already taken place in the Angst-im-Wald studio in Germany, and the only thing which isn't finished yet is the artwork design."

More news on the album will be revealed in the near future. Rubicon was recently mixed by Waldemar Sorychta (Samael, Tiamat, Moonspell, The Gathering) and will be released later this year via Napalm Records.

Rubicon tracklist:

01. Year of the Rat
02. Protection
03. Patriot Games
04. The Passing
05. Exile
06. Sirens
07. The Emerald Piper (bonus track)
08. Vulture
09. Amnesia
10. Magical Fix
11. Illumination

[Also thanks to OpenMind]

Source: tristania.com
Band profile: Tristania

Posted: 15.05.2010 by Fastolphbolger

Comments

corrupt - 15.05.2010 at 15:32
Lol @ Angst-Im-Wald Studio

Otherwise I stick to my conviction that Tristania should have disbanded long ago and remain underwhelmed by their recent output. But then again low expectations are easily exeeded. If I do listen to this, it's a definite download-first.

"Angst im Wald" means "fear in the woods"
Bad English - 15.05.2010 at 21:08
Lol one song sounds like I.R.A
muska - 15.05.2010 at 23:33
Unlike corrupt here, i'm eagerly awaiting anything tristania have to offer, this band on par with the likes of moonspell, eisheilig and amorphis is yet to disappoint me much, so rock on tristania and don't let the skeptics stop you
corrupt - 16.05.2010 at 11:56
Written by muska on 15.05.2010 at 23:33

That's pretty much my point. 13 years ago they were the ones setting new trends and records in gothic metal. Now they're down to play the same uninspired generic crap as all the other bands out there. I'm only saying that good music needs inspiration and Tristania have obviously lost theirs long ago and just refuse to acknowledge that.
ndawkn - 16.05.2010 at 12:35
Although Widow's Weeds and Beyond the Veil were pretty significant, I still like their new stuff as well. Illumination was quite different, but it's still beautiful. A bit excited now though, Mariangela just appears to be more like a pop-singer than a gothic metal singer, but we will see
Susan - 16.05.2010 at 22:09
Written by muska on 15.05.2010 at 23:33

Agreed, I'm also eagerly awaiting. I really loved Illumination... it had this weird mix of down tempo stoner-metal qualities to it that no one seemed to realize, probably because they assume Tristania is only "goth" metal. On Ashes and Illumination I love how the band created these cohesive, heavy moods.

Tristania is definitely a band that explores music differently with each album. So far I've been happy with all of their many incarnations so I'm hoping to really like the new vocals. Hoping....
AnGina-- - 22.05.2010 at 10:35
I'm buying the album without the bonus track, that's for sure. Liked ''The Year Of The Rat'' and ''Passing'' from teaser and I hope the rest of the albums is alike those two, unlike ''The Emerald Piper'', which is sadly such boring, blend and uninspired song.

News Gorod - New Album Details Revealed 7 19.01.2012 by Edmund Fogg
News Monolithe - New Album Details Revealed 7 13.06.2012 by Mr. Doctor
News Between The Buried And Me - New Album Details Revealed 7 08.07.2009 by Elio
News Centurian - New Album Details Revealed 7 08.12.2012 by J. N.
News Swallow The Sun - New Album Details Revealed 7 12.06.2009 by Graveheart