Swedish metallers Nocturnal Rites have announced Christopher Rörland will replace Nils Norberg as their new lead guitarist.

Commented by rhythm guitarist Fredrik Mannberg: "It feels great to have Chris in the band. He's a really, really nice guy. We're very happy to have found this guy very close to our hometown. We are very excited to start working on new material and play some live shows with him, so it's great."

Nocturnal Rites are still working on the follow-up to The 8th Sin, released exactly three years ago.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Nocturnal Rites

Posted: 23.05.2010 by Abattoir

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 23.05.2010 at 13:24
Hope the new album is a bit harder than the last few. They really need to shake things up a bit.
iMorphball - 23.05.2010 at 14:27
Wow, I almost completely forgot about this band, but they used to be one of my favourites. I liked The 8th Sin, and I like Nocturnal Rites as a whole, their music is easy to listen to whether you're listening for an hour or just one song.

Can't wait to hear something new.
treptolemus - 23.05.2010 at 15:19
Nice to hear some news from NR. I am sure they are good to go now. That was plenty of time for the band to think what to create next. The new member will also help a lot...
Dark Blood - 24.05.2010 at 02:58
3 years since the last album.. We could use something new already.
I just think the last 2 albums were a little commercial. Not that they are bad of course.. NR quality is always there.
Stabby - 24.05.2010 at 18:43
Aww I really liked the old lead guitarist. This guy has some big shoes to fill.

News Nocturnal Rites - New Album Almost Ready 7.5 30.01.2007 by sonofdeath
News Nocturnal Rites - New Song And Video Online 7.5 17.04.2007 by White Winter Sun
News Nocturnal Rites - Guitarist Nils Norberg Leaves 7.5 23.06.2008 by VanHelsing
News Nocturnal Rites - New Album Ready 7.5 19.03.2007 by