According to desmoinesregister.com, police are investigating the death of Slipknot's bass guitarist Paul Gray at a local hotel.

They report:

"Paul Dedrick Gray, 38, of Johnston was found dead at approximately 10:50 a.m. today by an employee at TownePlace Suites, 8800 Northpark Drive, police said.

There was no evidence of foul play, police said, but the investigation is ongoing. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday. Toxicology tests will be done."

Paul Gray and his wife were expecting a child, according to friends of Gray's. Gray had a history of drug abuse and was arrested on drug charges in June 2003.

Source: desmoinesregister.com
Band profile: Slipknot

Posted: 25.05.2010 by Baz Anderson

Comments page 3 of 3

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 2 [3]

Ozman - 26.05.2010 at 18:13
Written by Mikyz on 26.05.2010 at 16:48

Written by Lord_Regnier on 26.05.2010 at 14:02

What makes me laugh is the way each time something like that happens, people seem to be so taken by surprise.
Metal musicians live a shitty and careless lifestyle, so what do you expect, really?
They ruin their health.

And that's why I like music but never cared for the musicians themselves. I see nothing admirable in their lifestyle, only sheer stupidity.

The fact that they can't afford a five star hotel and all the luxury is sheer stupidity? Bands tour for the fans' sake if you do not respect that way of living or what they're trying to provide then you sir are heartless. They live that life because they choose too, it's a choice and whether they die or not depends on the person's circumstances. And if you like the music, then I believe that you would like the musician just as much for providing it to you. In my opinion you only feel that way towards the musicians who didn't mark you in any way, in this case Slipknot. The sheer fact that you go to gigs and enjoy them should earn the concerned bands some respect. I'm sure you wouldn't live that same lifestyle but in the end you don't have the same passion and power of will the musicians have. All I'm saying is you should sympathize with the efforts the bands make and not hastily label it as stupidity. In the end it's their lifestyle that inspires their music.

I don't think he was referring to the guy straying in a hotel but more to his excessive drinking and drunk habits.
Mikyz - 26.05.2010 at 18:34
Written by Ozman on 26.05.2010 at 18:13

Written by Mikyz on 26.05.2010 at 16:48

Written by Lord_Regnier on 26.05.2010 at 14:02

They ruin their health.

I know that's what he meant, but he specifically said "Metal Musicians" not Paul by doing that he is basically insulting the lifestyle of every metal band, so I kinda got carried away and became some sort of lecture For the hotel thing, I just meant that Metal musicians don't really have enough money to afford high class things and stay in "healthy" environments. Also, it's not like every musician is an alcohol abuser, some of them are but it still is a choice and despite that I still believe that they do their best to provide their fans with decent music and concerts. That's all I'm saying, if they die it's their own fault for neglecting their health but they still deserve respect maybe not as a person but definitely as musicians.
Arian Totalis - 26.05.2010 at 22:15
Written by Mikyz on 25.05.2010 at 09:41

Even though I'm not a fan at all, I sincerely hope you R.I.P Paul, even if I have no idea what your face looks like.

sorry, that just made me lol.

Anyway, untimely deaths are always sad. but since I joined this website there have been alot of them. It's something we're going to experience year after year I've found. Viteck, Quorthon and Jesse Pintado are just a few examples. all we can do is wish them all a peaceful rest.
SatanicHand - 28.05.2010 at 04:11
Nnnuuuuu!
r.i.p Paul
ExtraHachse - 31.05.2010 at 15:21
Man, first peter steele, then Dio, now Paul Gray! All my favorite musicans. And Bill Kelliher from Mastodon is ill now. Pancreatitis... i hope he won't die, too.
Fat & Sassy! - 01.06.2010 at 00:53
Written by Juliana on 25.05.2010 at 03:13

Death certainly has Shuffle mode on this month

I like that. It was clever. ;P
Juliana - 01.06.2010 at 01:30
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 01.06.2010 at 00:53

Written by Juliana on 25.05.2010 at 03:13

Death certainly has Shuffle mode on this month

I like that. It was clever. ;P

Everybody likes the Shuffle xD
Deaths are still sad though. Bright side: May is finally gone:)
Fat & Sassy! - 01.06.2010 at 01:42
Written by Juliana on 01.06.2010 at 01:30

Everybody likes the Shuffle xD
Deaths are still sad though. Bright side: May is finally gone:)

Yup! Especially if you're an indecisive person. XD

But myeah, May was a very dark month. Good riddance to it... Until next year. D:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

News Slipknot - Recruit Touring Bassist 6 11.03.2011 by Sword_Chant
News Circle Of Dead Children - New Drummer Finally Found 4 22.02.2007 by Dangerboner
News Gwar - Guitarist Found Dead 4 03.11.2011 by Baz Anderson
News Alice In Chains - Original Bassist Dead At 44 4 09.03.2011 by Fat & Sassy!
News Grip Inc. - Vocalist Found Dead At Age 52 4 18.10.2008 by tiimmmmmyyy