Finnish Epic Metal masters Battlelore issued the first update on their upcoming album:

"We will begin the recordings of our next album in early June at Sound Supreme Studios (FIN) with Janne Saksa, who will engineer and produce the album. The legendary Dan Swanö will do the mixing and hopefully, we'll get the whole battle package out in early fall of 2010. Stylistically, we have turned back to the old school style of songs with grinding drums and fast guitars! This will also be our first concept album and the songs will relate the story of Tolkien's tragic hero Túrin Turambar."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Battlelore

Posted: 31.05.2010 by BudDa

Comments

Carl Berg - 31.05.2010 at 13:34
Can't wait!
Vitriolic Hate - 31.05.2010 at 13:46
this sounds interesting lyrically.
Ag Fox - 31.05.2010 at 13:57
One of the few folk related bands that I can stand. hope they can pull this one out well like "The Last Alliance"
Dark Blood - 31.05.2010 at 16:41
Hmm. "...we have turned back to the old school style of songs with grinding drums and fast guitars!". I like that, sounds promising.
annodomini - 31.05.2010 at 16:56
Hope this mean they will make another masterpiece like THird age...
Sentenced Odiin - 31.05.2010 at 17:04
Great news ,,/
Jon - 31.05.2010 at 17:27
Again! fucking hell, prolific or what!
Dominus - 31.05.2010 at 18:02
Yeah!!!
Maxx666 - 31.05.2010 at 21:27
Yeah looking for a masterpiece from them this time
Enemy of Reality - 31.05.2010 at 23:14
Turin is one of my fav Tolkien characters. Very tragic indeed... the part when he finds out (damn dragon!) that his wife is actually his long lost sister is terrific! She jumps off a cliff pregnant and he also comitts suicide with his sword.

Can't wait for this album! Battelore

Edit: hope there's songs like Third Immortal and The Grey Wizard, my fav songs from this awesome band!
Lord_Regnier - 01.06.2010 at 00:11
This band proves that some people are easily satisfied as long as something is Tolkien-related, no matter how bad it sucks.
The very definition of boring.
Awful band that relies only on trends to sell.
By the way, the same could be said about pretty much all folk metal bands. It's a trend, and a very lame one. Folk metal is basically no more than mediocre Powermetal with crappy growls.
Fat & Sassy! - 01.06.2010 at 01:39
Written by Lord_Regnier on 01.06.2010 at 00:11

The very definition of boring.

I agree, dude. I love folk inspired music, which is ironic in regards to this band. They are about as inspiring as a textbook on the color grey.
Lord_Regnier - 01.06.2010 at 04:32
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 01.06.2010 at 01:39

Written by Lord_Regnier on 01.06.2010 at 00:11

The very definition of boring.

I'm not a fan of folk metal but I could name dozens of folk metal bands I consider much better than Battlelore.
dismaleuphony - 01.06.2010 at 05:20
I've really enjoyed some older Battlelore releases, in particular Sword's Song, so if that's the sound they are going back to, great news. I'll wait and see on it though. In regards to comments that Battlelore fans are just more in the line of suckers for folk or Tolkien inspired music, that's never applied to me. I have miminal interest in anything Tolkien related and have barely even bothered to read any of his books

The main reason I like the band is/was their symphonic and atmospheric sides, with the folk side a distant fourth, if I include Kaisa's vocals as well. The band's last disc was uninteresting to me after a few spins, but we'll see how this refreshed direction goes in the new music
Enemy of Reality - 01.06.2010 at 13:24
Technically speaking, there are better folk bands. What i like about Battlelore is not the Tolkien related theme, is the honesty and passion these guys (and girls) deliver when it comes to perform music about their favourite subject. Plus, i don't consider Battlelore to be a folk metal band....

News Neuraxis - Enter The Studio In June 7 20.04.2010 by Ph0eNiX