Last Friday lead guitarist Sami Vauhkonen issued the following update on the whereabouts of Finnish metal band Lullacry:

"It's been a while since the last update from the Lullacry camp. After a hard and complicated fourth album we took some time off. In 2008 we were ready to record some new material, with a new interesting record deal with quite a big german label. Hiili Hiilesmaa (HIM, Moonspell, Apocalyptica etc.) was going to be the producer for that album.

But then suddenly just before the studio, without any warning we lost the connection to the label. After a couple of months I read from the newspapers that they went bankrupt. Fuck that.

Now when I look back, I can say that it was a blessing in disguise. Compared to the new songs, the older material was not as good. It wasn't the right time I guess...

Now it's a fresh new start. I've written some killer songs and I must say that a new era of Lullacry has begun! We are currently recording a couple of those songs and we'll put them online as soon as possible. Stay tuned and rock with Lullacry!"

The band's latest output, Vol. 4, dates back from 2005. Lullacry are set to play some new tracks live at Dante's Highlight in Helsinki, on Saturday 24 July. The band is currently looking for a label.

Source: lullacry.com
Band profile: Lullacry

Posted: 09.06.2010 by Thryce

Comments

GothMan - 09.06.2010 at 18:47
Great. Their last two albums are excellent, I'm waiting for the new one definitely.
JokerPW - 09.06.2010 at 19:24
I wrote to Sami over the website... but got no response.
It's great to hear that they still up and running. Can't wait to hear something new from them !
Black Conundrum - 10.06.2010 at 00:08
That "Taking a Fresh Start" title was pretty ambiguous, and I was wondering if they underwent a huge line-up change or something, which is not the case. It sucks about the bankruptcy of the label, but I guess that did suit them for the better, fortunately, according to what is stated above.
dismaleuphony - 10.06.2010 at 03:25
Glad to see they are still active. It seems patience is the key with some of the Finns of bands like Lullacry, Charon, To/Die/For, as it's been several years since some good music for us all
Ivor - 10.06.2010 at 09:47
This is really cool. Just a couple of weeks ago I wondered what became of the band and didn't find much about their status. Figured they were either dead or lying low. Glad it's the latter.

I.
Ivan - 10.06.2010 at 09:48
Whoah, 5 years already? In my mind the last album came out just recently... Time sure flies.

Albums Lullacry - Where Angels Fear 3 13.01.2012 by BloodTears
News DevilDriver - Start Recording New Album 2.5 13.12.2012 by Lit.
News Octavia Sperati - Taking A Break 2.5 22.07.2008 by AngelofGrief