René Pedersen from Danish metallers Mercenary has issued the following update on the band's MySpace blog:

"Hey all your crazy people out there,

I'm writing you from Hansen studios in Ribe, Denmark, where we are currently recording the 6th Mercenary studio album, and man is it gonna be a killer one I might add!

The process has been so fore filling, it has been so much fun to write this album, and we truly believe this to be our strongest release in our career.

Here is a little teaser from the studio, of Martin tracking a lead for the new album!

Stay posted for more updates."

Two other little teasers of the studio sessions can be viewed here and here.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Mercenary

Posted: 25.06.2010 by corrupt

Comments

Novas - 26.06.2010 at 00:37
Hope the new drummer & singer fit with the band...
corrupt - 26.06.2010 at 00:43
Written by Novas on 26.06.2010 at 00:37

Hope the new drummer & singer fit with the band...

The singer is actually still the one of the old ones. Only with more responsibility
Thanntos - 26.06.2010 at 06:19
Ugh cannot wait for this, really hope its amazing! Hope its another The Hours that Remain type album. Love 11 Dreams but I feel Hours was stronger/more diverse. And Lost Reality is one of my top 10 favorite metal songs of the last decade.
Locke - 26.06.2010 at 08:10
Don't know if they can fill the whole left by all the members they let go but the teasers have me cautiously optimistic. Hope the new members can match up.
VanHelsing - 26.06.2010 at 09:10
I honestly hope it's as good as their previous releases... I guess that the departure of half the band is a make or break point. Hope it's good.
GT - 26.06.2010 at 09:27
I'm optimistic about the new album. As long as it's heavier than the last I'll be pleased
Carloz - 29.06.2010 at 12:28
Let's hope they have some keys added too, because they have not announced any replacement yet... Anyway - Rene's clean vocals seem to work just fine :] And the solo is typical Mercenary, so I think we're in for a treat :]
Ag Fox - 29.06.2010 at 17:41
The last one was great already, hope they can do even better
Novas - 02.07.2010 at 00:46
Written by corrupt on 26.06.2010 at 00:43

Written by Novas on 26.06.2010 at 00:37

Hope the new drummer & singer fit with the band...

yea, i knew the bass player sings the hardcore screaming vocals..like in "Bloodsong".
the reason i got into this band was cuz of the former singer, the latest album rocks my world

News Mercenary - New Album Update 9 22.12.2007 by
News Operatika - New Album Update 5.5 04.03.2010 by Angel_Lament
News Dark Funeral - New Album Update 5.5 17.12.2013 by
News Blackthorn - New Album Update, Video Teaser 5.5 05.10.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham
News Autopsy - New Album Update 5.5 24.10.2012 by exomorphyx89