At this moment, Stéphan Forté, Kevin Codfert and Mats Levén, are at the moment working on the composition of Adagio's fifth album at Kevin's XFade studio in Nanterre (France).

Guitarist Stéphan comments: "I'm at the moment at Kevin's studio working on the composition of Adagio's upcoming album, and for the first time, I will not compose the whole music and lyrics alone, as Mats, Kevin and the guys will also collaborate to the writing! It will definitely bring a fresher sound to the band, and so far, the experience is awesome. Mats arrived here on Sunday, and we've started working right away on some ideas. Lots of great melodic vocal lines, heavy riffing and intense piano parts are coming naturally, so that's a very positive start...

Another big change, is since I've down tuned my Lâg 7 string to A for my solo album, I am now using that for Adagio's new stuff as well, so be prepared for some really heavy shit."

Band profile: Adagio
Posted: 11.07.2010 by Kulu

timgrimes - 11.07.2010 at 19:44
I love heavy shit... looking forward to this project!
BlankFile - 11.07.2010 at 20:10
Heavy shit? Im on it! Adagio is an extremely creative band!
Black Conundrum - 11.07.2010 at 20:57
I will totally look forward to the fifth album. Hopefully, Mats Levén (and, for that matter, the rest of the band members) will bring complementary contribution to the music of Adagio.

Also, I hope that Stéphan Forté's solo album goes well. And it's cool about the down-tuning.
Daggon - 12.07.2010 at 00:18
Oh that's great! I was waiting them to announce a collaboration with Mats Levén since he has been touring with Adagio for some months. He'll bring a boost to Adagio's music for sure
warrior_of_ice - 12.07.2010 at 00:33
Love this band
Mountain King - 05.10.2010 at 20:07
Great news. I have high expectations...

News Secret Sphere - Working On New Album 5.5 13.12.2009 by arsene
News Visceral Disgorge - Working On New Album 5.5 01.02.2014 by Misfit74
News Alcest - Working On New Album, Recruit New Live Bassist 5.5 16.07.2010 by MeloDeathViking
News Delain - Seek New Bassist, Working On New Album 5.5 14.02.2010 by Angel_Lament
News The Gates Of Slumber - Working On New Album 5.5 14.11.2010 by Jon