Tony Iommi has talked to Sunday Mercury, a Birmingham newspaper about what the future might hold.

He confirms that the tribute show at the High Voltage festival in London will be "the very last gig we play as Heaven And Hell", as they "chose the name because the band comprised the Black Sabbath line-up that made the Heaven And Hell album." And that they will no longer carry on as Heaven And Hell, as they "couldn't carry on under that name without Ronnie".

Regarding a reunion with Ozzy; he stated "I spoke to Ozzy while I was in Los Angeles after Ronnie's funeral, and he said he'd give me a call when he got to England on his own tour". But that "I've not had that telephone call yet".

About the future, Iommi says they would "like to do something, and carry on playing", but "in what form, and with what singer, I don't know".

Read the full interview at this location.

Source: sundaymercury.net
Band profile: Heaven And Hell

Posted: 12.07.2010 by Baz Anderson

Comments

Parazyd - 12.07.2010 at 01:18
Oh well. I would really like for Ozzy to come back to Black Sabbath. I'm happy that Iommi wants to play on more... Could that be...?
Got Mayhem? - 12.07.2010 at 02:02
I wouldn't exactly count on Ozzy for stuff like, you know...remembering.
Idioglossia - 12.07.2010 at 02:09
I honestly believe we'll see the original Sabbath lineup tour once again...
Vitriolic Hate - 12.07.2010 at 04:05
Written by Idioglossia on 12.07.2010 at 02:09

I honestly believe we'll see the original Sabbath lineup tour once again...

probably.
whitepawel - 12.07.2010 at 04:29
I think they should stop asking Ozzy about his return and finally close the Black Sabbath chapter. Once and for all...
Kap'N Korrupt - 12.07.2010 at 04:56
Black Sabbath has been done for so long...talks about reunion should really be fruitless by now..they had their time in the son...you hear that Rolling Stones?
Doc Godin - 12.07.2010 at 11:15
Well, I'm glad they understand what an important piece Ronnie was to that band, and they're not trying to resurrect it with important pieces missing *cough cough* Led Zeppelin.
corrupt - 12.07.2010 at 11:44
Written by Doc Godin on 12.07.2010 at 11:15

Led Zep are alright in what they do. If ronnie had a son ready to jump in for him, I don't think anyone would object.
Doc Godin - 12.07.2010 at 11:50
Written by corrupt on 12.07.2010 at 11:44

Written by Doc Godin on 12.07.2010 at 11:15

John Bonham was one of the most original drummers of all time. Just because the replacement came from his sperm doesn't make it the same. Let alone justify charging the ticket prices they did.

Also, this.
Daggon - 13.07.2010 at 04:47
Well this is quite understandable, they reunited as the reincarnation of the Dio's Black Sabbath era, now that he is gone, there is no way the band will keep on playing with the same name but with another vocalist.

Well, lets see if we will have a Black Sabbath reunion tour with Ozzy on the road...
SBGMetal - 13.07.2010 at 07:23
I just hope will hear iommi's heavy riffs and geezer's wall of sound once more...
Geat - 13.07.2010 at 11:35
I could care less if Sabbath tour with Ozzy again, I want more albums with tony guitars, you could put any singer in and get a good album.
I say hire someone like Graham Bonnet or bring back Tony martin.
The Shape 1973 - 14.07.2010 at 22:05
Written by whitepawel on 12.07.2010 at 04:29

Ozzy is past it, his new album has had the vocals produced to death.

RJD was to be the future, but he has gone. Maybe get a new, not already famous vocalist.
Akirasolo - 16.07.2010 at 10:42
Tony Martin era again is what i want to hear...
vezzy - 16.07.2010 at 22:48
I wouldn't even hope for a Black Sabbath reunion, because it's not going to happen...

Reviews Heaven And Hell - The Devil You Know 7.5 04.08.2009 by Biedrik
Albums Heaven And Hell - The Devil You Know 7.5 23.05.2010 by SBGMetal
Reviews Five Finger Death Punch - The Wrong Side Of Heaven And The Righteous Side Of Hell - Volume 1 6 02.12.2013 by R Lewis
Albums Virgin Steele - The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell Part I 6 15.05.2012 by Bad English
Albums Five Finger Death Punch - The Wrong Side Of Heaven And The Righteous Side Of Hell - Volume 2 6 19.11.2013 by MDM87