Only a few days after their latest tour announcement, Helloween have updated their website again with the following message:

"As many of you thought while reading the last news, the band named it´s new studio effort: 7 Sinners. It is not 100% clear who the remaining two sinners are, be sure that you´ll find out the day of the release!

At the moment, the guys are busy laying down the last tracks for the album, before long time producer Charlie Bauerfeind goes on with the mix. The guys are very enthusiastic about their "new baby", stating there is a great Helloween album to come!"

Along with the album title, here's an updated list of European tour dates, with support of Stratovarius.

The 7 Sinners World Tour 2010/11 - Europe Part I and II - feat. Helloween and special guest Stratovarius:

26. Nov 2010 - A - Wien, Szene

Source: helloween.org
Band profile: Helloween
Event: Helloween: The 7 Sinners World Tour

Posted: 22.07.2010 by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk

Comments

Angelic Storm - 22.07.2010 at 14:16
Lol thats no real surprise is it, after what they named the tour?

What are they talking about, not being sure about ''the other 2 sinners'', I wonder if this means there'll be 9 tracks on the album? :\
Darkside Momo - 22.07.2010 at 14:21
Written by Angelic Storm on 22.07.2010 at 14:16

I guess the first 5 are the 5 bandmembers, but maybe I'm wrong..
RavenKing - 22.07.2010 at 14:39
This "7 sinners" thing is a marketing trick from this joke band that lost all credibility many years ago. And I find the album title almost as laughable and stupid as "Rabbits Don't Come Easy".
They're so childish. Over 40 and still acting like teenagers. Pathetic and disgusting.
Things like that only makes me loathe flowermetal even more.
Abattoir - 22.07.2010 at 15:36
So I guess I'm going to see them after all....though I'm not realy excited with Stratovarius.
nb - 22.07.2010 at 15:38
If they follow their trend, good album, bad album, good album, bad album, this one should be good.
JÄY - 22.07.2010 at 16:59
Woohoo im excited!
YoreLore - 22.07.2010 at 19:28
Written by RavenKing on 22.07.2010 at 14:39

Things like that only makes me loathe flowermetal even more.

lol disgusting? A bit harsh. I suppose they could turn super serious and write shitty music about feelings that no one cares about. No thanks
Angelic Storm - 22.07.2010 at 20:06
Written by YoreLore on 22.07.2010 at 19:28

He classes Helloween as ''flower metal'', and hates all bands of that ''genre'' so best take anything he says about power metal with a pinch of salt. lol
Chidder - 22.07.2010 at 22:04
Yeah, "Kill It" from the last album was soooo "flowerish"...
timmoe - 23.07.2010 at 01:51
Looking forward to it, as always!
DoomGuard - 23.07.2010 at 02:48
Written by RavenKing on 22.07.2010 at 14:39

Things like that only makes me loathe flowermetal even more.

I LOVE IT!!! Helloween strikes again!
Vitriolic Hate - 23.07.2010 at 04:15
7 Sinners. It is not 100% clear who the remaining two sinners are hmmm
mikeprado30 - 23.07.2010 at 05:30
The other 2 sinners will be Kai and Kiske????
YoreLore - 23.07.2010 at 15:47
Written by Angelic Storm on 22.07.2010 at 20:06

Written by YoreLore on 22.07.2010 at 19:28

Power metal gets made fun of a bit too much on metal websites . Maybe I should start being childish too and insult death and black metal lol
Metal Invader - 23.07.2010 at 17:12
Title is between strange and acceptable for me...they shure can do better than this but also they know why the name is 7 sinners..just hope that the songs are great and the guest will be Kiske/Hansen..:) And something to tell those who are against Flower..ups Power metal:if you dont like it dont listen to it!!!!!!!! ) cheers
Csuvog - 24.07.2010 at 00:51
Written by RavenKing on 22.07.2010 at 14:39

Things like that only makes me loathe flowermetal even more.

This comment = Pathetic and disgusting; New Helloween album = childish, flowermetal (just the way we like Helloween)
RavenKing - 24.07.2010 at 01:12
Written by Csuvog on 24.07.2010 at 00:51

New Helloween album = childish, flowermetal (just the way we like Helloween)

Thanks for proving my point.
Csuvog - 24.07.2010 at 02:44
Written by RavenKing on 24.07.2010 at 01:12

Written by Csuvog on 24.07.2010 at 00:51

New Helloween album = childish, flowermetal (just the way we like Helloween)

Thanks for proving my point.

Don't mention it
Mountain King - 24.07.2010 at 13:19
People are funny. How can anyone dislike quality Power Metal!? whenever i make anyone listen to Power Metal (The best bands and that definitely includes Helloween) they instantly get hooked and love it! Power Metal in one way or another is related and has evolved from Heavy Metal which i consider is the greatest music ever created. The last Helloween album sounded great, and was the least typical power metal of all their albums . Anyone who says that he doesn't like Power Metal and he hasn't even tried listening to it should stop talking because it's an insult to the metal genre...
RavenKing - 25.07.2010 at 00:51
Written by Mountain King on 24.07.2010 at 13:19

How can anyone dislike quality Power Metal!?

I will answer you simply by telling that, imo, the words 'quality' and 'Powermetal' don't fit in the same sentence. Also, don't forget: different strokes for different folks.
Mountain King - 25.07.2010 at 02:30
Written by RavenKing on 25.07.2010 at 00:51

Written by Mountain King on 24.07.2010 at 13:19

How can anyone dislike quality Power Metal!?

to many many people, quality means Power Metal! now would u let me know, where does ur quality apply? Death Metal, Black metal, or wait maybe Industrial Metal?
RavenKing - 25.07.2010 at 04:05
Written by Mountain King on 25.07.2010 at 02:30

I meant that Powermetal is generally mediocre nowadays. The level of quality took quite a drop after the 90s.
Angelic Storm - 25.07.2010 at 05:19
Written by Csuvog on 24.07.2010 at 00:51

Oh god dont, you're only encouraging him! I can only hope you're being sarcastic in that comment about Helloween.

Arguing with him just gives his views on power metal some sort of credibility. I take anything he has to say about the genre with a pinch of salt, because he hates the genre, so his views on it are completely subjective, and biased.
Csuvog - 25.07.2010 at 12:00
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.07.2010 at 05:19

Written by Csuvog on 24.07.2010 at 00:51

Of course I'm being sarcastic
Angelic Storm - 25.07.2010 at 12:03
Written by Csuvog on 25.07.2010 at 12:00
Of course I'm being sarcastic

I thought as much, but I wanted to be sure. lol
RavenKing - 25.07.2010 at 15:41
Written by Csuvog on 25.07.2010 at 12:00

Written by Angelic Storm on 25.07.2010 at 05:19

Written by Csuvog on 24.07.2010 at 00:51

Of course I'm being sarcastic

I don't believe you were sarcastic, you liar. You only happen to back up now that you realize your words give credibility to my views, as Angelic Storm says.
You really meant that childish and flowermetal is the way their fans like Helloween.
vezzy - 25.07.2010 at 16:53
I honestly hate the whole Iron Maiden/Opeth/melodeath/power metal/Big Four direction the website's members have, but it's what's popular. What can you do? Haven't actually bashed "flower" metal.
Mountain King - 25.07.2010 at 18:22
Written by vezzy on 25.07.2010 at 16:53

Actually it's true and i hate it too, except for Power Metal, cz a lot of people don't know so much about Power Metal. most people just listen to Nirvana, Metallica, Iron Maiden and recently Opeth. some others just to Death and that shit! not a lot of people really know about Power and Prog metal...
RavenKing - 25.07.2010 at 19:57
Written by Mountain King on 25.07.2010 at 18:22

You're right to say that lots of people know about the most famous metal bands like Metallica and Iron Maiden but have only a vague idea, or none at all, about Powermetal. Though there's also Powermetal bands who are quite mainstream, known and liked by tons of non-metal fans, like Edguy/Avantasia, Sonata Arctica and Nightwish.
Angelic Storm - 25.07.2010 at 21:26
Yeah, we get it, anything even slightly "mainstream'' sucks, and is ''unmetal''. *yawns*
Csuvog - 25.07.2010 at 22:47
Edguy? Never was metal.. not to mention Sonata Arctica.. Their actually hc techno bands as I heard!
RavenKing - 26.07.2010 at 02:00
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.07.2010 at 21:26

I think you missed my point completely. I meant that not all Powermetal bands are mainstream, though some definitely are. I was bringing nuance.

As for Metallica and Iron Maiden, I'm aware lots of people won't agree but, as far as I'm concerned, both suck for over 20 years and carry on only because of their name. They could wrap a turd in a plastic bag and some people would buy it, as long as the band logo is printed on the bag. That's how sad it is when it comes to big names. Too many one-cell brain sheeps who foolishly follow the herd without taking a few seconds to ask themselves "Is it good or not?".
I'm not saying all those who like recent Maiden are like that but a few people are blind in their fanboyism to that extent.
Angelic Storm - 26.07.2010 at 06:15
Written by RavenKing on 26.07.2010 at 02:00

No, I didnt miss the point. The point being mainstream = bad, underground = good.

What I think is ironic, is many ''tr00'' metalheads are just as much sheep as the people they are criticising. They're so wrapped up in trying to remain undergound and "tr00", that it becomes impossible for them to be in any way objective when it comes to liking or disliking certain bands. It becomes less about the actual music, and trying to maintain a pathetic image of somehow being "true" to metal. I dont place any of that ridiculous criteria when I listen to music. I dont care about image, nor do I care how mainstream or not that a band is. For me, its simply about whether I like the music or not.

As for Metallica and Maiden, yep there are blind fanboys who cant or wont critcise anything they do purely because of who they are. While this mindset certainly is stupid, its definitely not any more stupid than the mindset that I described in my first paragraph. I like a lot of what Maiden and Metallica have done in the last 20 years (although I also don't like a fair bit of it either), but that is purely because I enjoy some of the music that was made during that time. Subjective opinion on music, whether it be biased for or against the mainstream, is pathetic. Ive always been completely objective about the music I like and listen to, and apply no other criteria on whether I like certain albums/songs, other than "do I like the music or not?" As soon as someone brings up how ''mainstream'' a band is in regards to a negative opinion about said band's music, I will automatically dismiss the credibility of that person's opinion. As the person is obviously allowing other, completely non-musical factors to cloud their judegement.
Mountain King - 26.07.2010 at 13:47
Written by Angelic Storm on 26.07.2010 at 06:15

Written by RavenKing on 26.07.2010 at 02:00

It's true. Most people who are so much into metal, seem to think that they are cool if they only like underground bands. I myself love discovering unknown and underground bands but i don't judge music if the band is very famous or not...
RavenKing - 26.07.2010 at 14:29
Written by Angelic Storm on 26.07.2010 at 06:15

I understans all this. However, I can ensure you that when I dislike or even hate a band, it's not purely because they're mainstream but, first and foremost, because I think the music sucks.
The only link I would establish between mainstream and sucking is when metal bands start to try to appeal to the mainstream, they always water down their music, so they unavoidably end up sucking. Not because they become more popular, but because the musical quality decreases at first and goes downhill until it sucks donkey balls.

In Maiden's case, I can tell you I was a big fan in the 80s. That being said, I see no reason to listen to the watered down garbage they rehearse over and over since Dickinson's comeback, while I can simply listen to their classics that are 10 times better than the modern sleep-inducing crap. Complete loss of time.

It's all about music for me too. I'm a big Black Metal fan and I can tell you I utterly hate some bands (Dark Funeral or Marduk, for example).

Finally, I have to say that I find it fucking annoying to see outdated has-been bands like Maiden and Metallica receive so much praise by releasing nothing but crap, while bands a hundred times better than them remain almost entirely unknown and struggle to survive. There's an unfairness in all this that I really can't stand at times.
I would have no problem with all the praise they receive and all the money they make if their material was still at the same level as it was during the 80s but it's not the case at all. They're making shitloads of money by releasing crap, only because their name sells.
Angel Of Mercy - 27.07.2010 at 03:58
Sweet. When's the album out?
Mountain King - 28.07.2010 at 14:38
Well i agree with that about Maiden and Metallica and some other bands...

News Helloween - Tour With Gamma Ray Dates Revealed 9 11.07.2007 by Baz Anderson
News Nile - European Tour Dates, New Album Title Revealed 8.5 23.07.2009 by Baz Anderson
News Vreid - More Album Details And Tour Dates Revealed 8.5 17.11.2008 by kayla
News Iced Earth - New Album Release Date/Cover Art/Tracklist Revealed, Tour Dates Announced 7 29.07.2011 by JÄY
News Deep Purple - New Album Title And More Details Revealed 7 27.02.2013 by Nemo Atkins