The long wait is almost over, Blind Guardian's new opus At the Edge of Time will be released in Europe on July 30th. The band states: "You have all been so nice and patient, therefore we have decided to share 3 full length tracks from the album with you. So, brush up a little on the writings of Michael Moorcock and George R.R. Martin and enjoy the following tracks "Tanelorn (Into the Void)", "War of the Thrones", and "A Voice in the Dark". Head over to this location to check them out!

More album details were reported over here.

Source: blind-guardian.com
Band profile: Blind Guardian

Posted: 27.07.2010 by WorpeX

Comments

Angelic Storm - 27.07.2010 at 13:12
"Tanelorn" is badass! Definitely classic Blind Guardian. <3 "War Of The Thrones" is another top BG ballad. Love the medieval sound of it. "A Voice In The Dark" is BG going back to their speed metal roots. Im looking forward to the new album a lot! I think it will be better than the last one. xD
Baz Anderson - 27.07.2010 at 13:17
Well, I like the sound of them. Good stuff. The ballad in particular I liked.
J. N. - 27.07.2010 at 14:19
Sounds amazing!
GT - 27.07.2010 at 14:26
Tanelorn is definitely badass and very BG yes, but so are the two others actually. Now I'm really looking forward to the new album.
Piro - 27.07.2010 at 14:59
I heard these samples awhile ago on Last.fm actually. I liked A twist in the Myth, but these songs make me predict a stronger album for sure.
worm_is_gloaming - 27.07.2010 at 16:10
Beautiful, vibrant, epic!

A strong beginning indicating a strong album. These songs will undoubtedly keep growing with repeated listens even more.
JÄY - 27.07.2010 at 16:36
Ive already heard a voice in the dark and i love it. the others will have to remain a surprise..... so hard to have patience .....
WorpeX - 27.07.2010 at 17:49
They sound amazing! I'm still mad that the band is making the USA wait an extra month for the release though.
Got Mayhem? - 27.07.2010 at 18:06
^ Not the band making us wait.... Don't be taking it out on Hansi & Crew
Angelic Storm - 27.07.2010 at 18:10
Written by worm_is_gloaming on 27.07.2010 at 16:10

Beautiful, vibrant, epic!

If all of the songs are of equal quality to the 3 songs Ive already heard, then this will be a great Blind Guardian album. But there was 3 or 4 great songs on the last album as well, but overall it was weak. I just hope they havent decided to release the strongest songs to the public, getting our hopes up! lol

Several times a band has released a song or two before an album's release, and they've been great, heightening my expectation for the album. Only for those songs to turn out to be by far the best on the album, and the rest isnt as good.
BattleHamster - 27.07.2010 at 22:37
I liked them. "Tanelorn" and AVitD aren't quite to my taste--I like the layered, orchestrated stuff better--but they're still very good.
Dark Blood - 27.07.2010 at 23:25
Very nice. All great songs, and the ballad looks so nice too. This is definitely a must have. They're doing a great job
opeth771 - 28.07.2010 at 00:43
After hearing the whole album, I must admit this is a pretty solid album. Reminds me a lot of "A Night At The Opera". They have some nice catchy orchestrations and choruses. Without any doubts, MUCH MUCH MUCH better than a Twist In a Myth which was their worst album.
worm_is_gloaming - 28.07.2010 at 03:15
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.07.2010 at 18:10

It does seem that bands prefer to showcase their strongest, catchiest tracks before new releases, can't blame 'em but all the more tension and stress for us listeners in hoping the rest of the album will deliver
My hope is that BG simply chose to showcase the range and scope of the album - one fast track like earlier BG material, one medieval madrigal-like track, and the album version of the already-released single with its more layered/operatic recent BG style.
Of course these must have been solid songs album-wise to pick these and not others, but after repeated listening to the "album preview samples collage" posted on youtube I think (I hope!!) that BG got the hint about Twist in the Myth's reception and won't release a same album twice - it's not in their ever-progressing spirit to do anyway..

What did you think of The Night At The Opera, btw?
Angelic Storm - 28.07.2010 at 06:05
Written by worm_is_gloaming on 28.07.2010 at 03:15

What did you think of The Night At The Opera, btw?

Yep, I can kinda understand why bands would do that, although those experiences mean Im now cautious when that happens. Twist In The Myth was a frustrating album. Mainly because around half of the album was below BG's usual high standard. Although some songs were also great, so it wasnt as if BG werent capable of writing any more good songs. But that just made its inconsistency all the more frustrating! lol

Night At The Opera is amazing album! xD That was the pinnacle of their layered/operatic style. All the songs have a unique character, but the whole thing flows perfectly. One of the reasons why ATITM disappointed me so much, was because Night At The Opera was so great. It would be unrealistic of me to expect the new album to be up to that high standard, but of course, I hope it will be! hehe
JÄY - 28.07.2010 at 16:24
Quote:
Quote:

Though ive only listened to this album twice.....This is exactly what happened imo ...
worm_is_gloaming - 28.07.2010 at 22:15
Quote:
Quote:
Written by JÄY on 28.07.2010 at 16:24

Did you listen to the promo CD or to mp3's? I am asking because it happens more often with me that I feel let down by the new album if I hear it in mp3 form first. Can be due to portable device's audio quality, quality of the mp3 rips, or simply that when I listen to mp3s I am more on the go and don't usually have the patient mindset to let the new music slowly settle in.
But later, when listening to that actual album on CD (cranked up loud in the stereo!) my previous dissatisfaction with it disintegrates and I'm caught up in the moment and in the music, and I just let it grow on me and it does.

There seems to be some difference in psychological mindset when listening to mp3's vs CDs, same way as it is with CDs vs vinyl records - difference in the medium makes one absorb the music somewhat differently, for me at least.
JÄY - 28.07.2010 at 23:20
Quote:
Quote:
Written by worm_is_gloaming on 28.07.2010 at 22:15

Written by JÄY on 28.07.2010 at 16:24

mp3's on a portable player...so, you could be right
opeth771 - 29.07.2010 at 02:47
Quote:
Quote:
Written by worm_is_gloaming on 28.07.2010 at 22:15

Written by JÄY on 28.07.2010 at 16:24

Nope, not a promo CD, the actual real CD

News Blind Guardian - New Orchestral Song Sample Online 7.5 26.12.2011 by Stabby
News Blind Guardian - New Video Online 7.5 03.08.2010 by JÄY
News Blind Guardian - New Music Online 7.5 03.05.2008 by Varegan
News Blind Guardian - New 'Song' Available Online 7.5 22.11.2006 by jadawal
News Blind Guardian, Iron Maiden, Goatwhore - New Albums Streaming Online 7.5 07.09.2006 by