The new Blind Guardian video for the song "A Voice In The Dark" in now available online. The track is taken from the band's highly anticipated new album At The Edge Of Time, released in Europe last week (July 30), and is still to be released in the United States (August 24) via Nuclear Blast.

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Blind Guardian

Posted: 03.08.2010 by Dark Blood

Comments

JÄY - 03.08.2010 at 21:05
Haha yeah... so big, ya know?

lets just say my ears can take a lot more cheese than my eyes lol
FeskarN - 03.08.2010 at 21:08
Really good song. I'm pretty new to this band so can anyone recommend a album to start with? Maybe should I start with their lastest one?
Orpheus - 03.08.2010 at 21:24
Wow, I have no idea what's going on

And yeah, I'd start with their newest album since it pretty much has all of their previous styles.
x-avier - 03.08.2010 at 21:42
Listen to their live album.. its pretty much their best music
Kratos - 03.08.2010 at 21:51
Good song, but I have no clue what is going on in the video.
jadawal - 03.08.2010 at 22:16
Technical musicianship, average songwriting; commercial, dry, recycled. I guess the video is targeted towards children who don't know any better. The last 20 seconds were good, overall a below average song for me. If you wanted to start listening to good blind guardian i'd start with nightfall in middle earth
treptolemus - 03.08.2010 at 22:18
Written by Kratos on 03.08.2010 at 21:51

Good song, but I have no clue what is going on in the video.

Nevermind - just listen the song which is good, btw.
DoomGuard - 03.08.2010 at 22:27
Kinda confusing vid, but i haven't seen Hansi wit short hair yet...All i can say is that someone interested in the Mayaaaaaans....can anyone confirm those were Mayan temples...or Incan? I'm guessing cuz of the emphasis on the sun ans stuff
Sangre Sani - 03.08.2010 at 22:41
I don't know what a hell is this video about, but I like the song.
Winterthrone - 03.08.2010 at 23:03
Written by DoomGuard on 03.08.2010 at 22:27

Yeah, it looks like Mayan or Aztec pyramids. Incans had a very different type of architecture and lived in a different environment (Andean highlands in Peru) that the one depicted in the video, which resembles the meso-american environment where the Aztec and Mayan civilizations thrived. The song is awesome to my ears and reminds me of good'ol Blind Guardian I headbanged to. Gonna check that out on the 24th of August! The Video is also cool: A well to other planets where crazed Mayan or Aztec priests throw people during sun eclipses. Theres an apocalyptic background when you see snow covering the temples, maybe a reference to recent problematics like the climaate change issue.
RavenLord - 03.08.2010 at 23:48
Written by DoomGuard on 03.08.2010 at 22:27

Incan architecture is a lot different - also, like another poster said, they lived in a different environment (Peru - lots of valleys and terraced fields on mountainsides). The stepped pyramid is found in both Aztec and Mayan architecture, and the opening shot (lots of tree cover, flat terrain) leads me to believe it's Mayan rather than Aztec. That, and the fact that 'Maya' and '2012' are people's favourite words to associate together.

Have-decent video - still not a fan of excessive CGI on album covers/in videos, but the song's a nice step back to 'Imaginations...' era Guardian.
nb - 03.08.2010 at 23:53
Written by FeskarN on 03.08.2010 at 21:08

I have not heard this album, yet, only the three songs on their website, but I think they sound pretty good.
In any case, if you want to listen to the best BG, I would recommend Imagination from the other Side, and Nightfall in Middle earth.
WorpeX - 04.08.2010 at 00:21
HANSI CUT HIS HAIR? I think that should have been the news title here. Thats far more news worthy imo. This video is pretty horrible, although the song is amazing.
Fat & Sassy! - 04.08.2010 at 00:24
Written by FeskarN on 03.08.2010 at 21:08

Battalions of Fear, Imaginations from the Other Side, and A Night At the Opera. The tri-force of Blind Guardian's history.
Jeeers - 04.08.2010 at 00:24
Stupid, cheesy video + weak song.
LeChron James - 04.08.2010 at 01:57
John Cusack should be running away from disintegrating buildings while this song was playing. AKA shoulda been in 2012. the songs not too bad though. good to see blind guardian playing fast music for a change.
opeth771 - 04.08.2010 at 02:19
Written by FeskarN on 03.08.2010 at 21:08

You should probably start with "Nightfall In Middle Earth" which is my favorite album. Second, go with the Live! album, it is one of the best live albums ever recorded. Then you might try Imaginations From The Other Side
Dark Cornatus - 04.08.2010 at 02:32
Video: The video was just stupid. It's like that had a great story going on in their heads, and made a video, but no one else knows what the story is, so it is just random. I hate non-comprehensible stories in music clips, they should be entertaining, and enjoyable to watch. Not like this clip.

Music: The song is recycled Blind Guardian and i think there is too much going on at once in it. Too much vocals (backing), too much repetitive drumming and the song is too long with the chorus being repetitive. It not not memorable in any way. New album doesn't look so promising for me. I never liked ATITM either. It could be just because this is their commercial song though. We shall see.
mikeprado30 - 04.08.2010 at 05:24
Oh, Jeez, I NEVER EVER will understand the likes of the metalheads! If they releases something new the people says: WHAT THE HELL IS THAT CRAP? WE NEED THE OLD TIMES!!! And if they releases something with early elements then they say: NOOO, MORE REPETITION AGAIN! PLEASE RELEASE SOMETHING NEWER! So WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT??? That's the reason because (in my beliefs) people like Kiske (and Bruce Dickinson in his moment) retreated of the Metal scene, because the Metal fan is the HARDEST TO SATISFY, it doesn't matter if you release something different or reapply older formulas.

About the song, THIS ROCKS! If you don't like this stuff, I DON'T KNOW WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM BLIND GUARDIAN!!! They are back to their roots in a great way inside this song but EVEN NOW IS PEOPLE CRITICIZING EVERYTHING!!!! Damn, is SOOOO EASY to see the half-empty side of the glass, instead to see the HALF-FULL SIDE!

And I end posting that: IF YOU DON'T LIKE, SO THEN DO IT YOURSELF BETTER (if you can...)

I hope this post doesn't annoy no one, but I grew tired of the badass attitude of so many metalheads that I don't know what they are waiting now from the music...
Dark Blood - 04.08.2010 at 10:36
Written by JÄY on 03.08.2010 at 21:05

Haha yeah... so big, ya know?

lets just say my ears can take a lot more cheese than my eyes lol

Lol. My thoughts exactly.

The song is actually pretty good, I enjoy it a lot. But video is too elaborate... No need for so many stuff and effects going on lol.
BudDa - 04.08.2010 at 11:16
Nice video. Don't know whats going on though I don't give 2 shit either
Like the vid..
Ragepocalypse - 04.08.2010 at 15:14
This video is not that great. but i do enjoy the song probably one of my favorite of the new album
Winterthrone - 04.08.2010 at 19:09
Written by mikeprado30 on 04.08.2010 at 05:24

That's exactly what I think: If you don't like that song I wonder what song you like from Blind Guardian, because it's pretty much a classic Blind Guardian song.
Bad English - 04.08.2010 at 22:23
Indianah Jone smeets Mumie
German wesrion about Henrey Jahn Junuior be Harald Jurgen Junior LOL, I realy hope there wont be wont be Mumie IV but Inianah Jonhnes why not
jdsony - 04.08.2010 at 23:30
Wow this video is even worse than Iron Maiden's. Terrible, terrible video.
4look4rd - 04.08.2010 at 23:36
Written by jdsony on 04.08.2010 at 23:30

Wow this video is even worse than Iron Maiden's. Terrible, terrible video.

Bad videos are a Metal tradition.
Dark Cornatus - 05.08.2010 at 02:37
Written by mikeprado30 on 04.08.2010 at 05:24

It doesn't take much for a band to try something new. Who is asking for their old stuff back? A band should develop over time and create new sounds every couple of albums. When i listen to a band, i don't want to hear songs like this that are just a combination of old songs, There is no real power to this song at all. Bands that don;t develop (Like Rhapsody...of fire), die in the ass because their long time fans lose interest.
Et Ermit - 05.08.2010 at 10:51
The solo is the best part of the song, is a very needed rest but it come too late, if it were before or if the song have some other previous pause, it would be a bettter song ...
advent - 06.08.2010 at 14:02
Written by 4look4rd on 04.08.2010 at 23:36

Written by jdsony on 04.08.2010 at 23:30

Wow this video is even worse than Iron Maiden's. Terrible, terrible video.

Bad videos are a Metal tradition.

lol , right
Angelic Storm - 06.08.2010 at 14:11
The song is great, one of the best on the new album definitely. Im still trying to get used to Hansi with short hair...I wish he'd grow it again. lol The video is quite ridiculous. I guess at least if Hansi ever needs a career after Blind Guardian, he would make a great lollipop man.

Written by 4look4rd on 04.08.2010 at 23:36
Bad videos are a Metal tradition.

That is very true. lol
Eruntano - 06.08.2010 at 14:47
Quite nice song! Reminds good old times of sharp riffs a high tempo. But the video is awkward kitsch. I think that taste of BG is far beyond it's peak.
The Shape 1973 - 06.08.2010 at 16:18
Sounds like Savage Circus. wink.
Jujitsu-man - 06.08.2010 at 18:23
It's my favourite song from their new album, but I HATE that 3D world in the videoclips. Hammerfall, i'm looking at you too.

News Blind Guardian - New Orchestral Song Sample Online 9 26.12.2011 by Stabby
News Blind Guardian - New 'Song' Available Online 9 22.11.2006 by jadawal
News Blind Guardian, Iron Maiden, Goatwhore - New Albums Streaming Online 9 07.09.2006 by
News Blind Guardian - New Music Online 9 03.05.2008 by Varegan