Dragonland guitarist Olof Mörck (who also plays in Nightrage) has checked in with the following update on the band's as-yet-untitled album, scheduled for a release in 2011 :

"There has passed some time since we published a demo teaser track for all of you to hear, and first of all; the reactions up til this day have been nothing short of amazing, thank you for your continued support! Much water have flown under the proverbial bridge since then, and thus I figured it was time to issue an update about the comings and goings inside the Dragonland camp!

We have been hard at work with the new material since around uploading the demo song, and the lest five months or so we have kicked things into overdrive. A majority of the new album stands completed, and as "Shadows" indicated, it is a glorious return to our roots from at least a lyrical side; I have spent the last years drawing up concepts and polishing details about the story, but in general I can say that it will dark fantasy with quite a genuine touch!

Classical mythology and literature such as The Odyssey, The Aenid, Shakespearian drama and the epic Gilgamesh stands as main influences, and lends depth and credibility to the story. I know there are a multitude of metal fans who love the fantasy concept but are outright embarrassed with how the medium is usually transferred into the metal context; clichéd and without any finesse or depth. This album and its lyrics is a deliberate attempt to speak to these individuals - and anyone else willing to share the journey.

Musically, this album sure does not stray backwards, quite the opposite. More bombastic, orchestral and progressive is how I would like to describe the material, and we have gone far to ensure the music accompanies the epic described within the lyrics. I would also like to share some of the song titles that will appear on the new album include; "The Tempest", "A Stranger I know", "The Shadow of the Mithril Mountains", "A Thousand Towers White".

Expect momentous sonical vistas from phantasic worlds when this journey starts in 2011."

Source: metalstorm.net
Band profile: Dragonland

Posted: 10.08.2010 by BudDa

Comments

Andreas - 10.08.2010 at 14:43
OK nice. A pity that it will be released next year though.
Jon - 10.08.2010 at 15:37
I guess the literary influences would be something to get excited about, if he hadn't so haplessly spelled both "Aeneid" and "Shakespearean" wrong.
Minkaro - 10.08.2010 at 15:38
Hopefully there's some more instrumental tracks on this album. Nothing against the singer, but I loved The Old House on the Hill.
P0werMetal - 10.08.2010 at 16:44
Ooooh, too long to wait :/
ndawkn - 10.08.2010 at 17:30
Written by Jon on 10.08.2010 at 15:37

I understand that, they're complicated words and he's Swedish

Orchestral elements are always nice but I hope it'll still sound like their old stuff
EmeraldSword - 10.08.2010 at 18:15
Interesting two bands I know writing songs about Shakespeare's "The Tempest" this year: Angra and Dragonland. Looking forward to this one, but I agree 2011 feels far even though it's August.
annodomini - 10.08.2010 at 22:15
Yesssss,yessss,YEASSSS!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I am reading this. I thought they are done... AAAAAAA
Nighthowls - 11.08.2010 at 05:45
Nothing short of what I expect from them, I just hope they dont over do it, excited, but still a while sucks, cant wait
MeTalRea|istiK - 28.10.2010 at 11:14
Cant wait for this!!!dragonland rules!!!
Luneth - 09.11.2010 at 01:03
Excruciatingly long wait

I will have to rinse Starfall, Holy War and Battle of the Ivory Plains to the max

News Shattered Hope - Eugenia Leaves The Band, New Album Update 5.5 31.01.2014 by Draugen
News Satyricon - Update From The Band, Recording New Album 5.5 05.04.2013 by ManiacBlasphemer
News Hollenthon - New Album Update 5.5 12.02.2008 by Paradox0
News Dark Funeral - New Album Update 5.5 17.12.2013 by
News Blind Guardian - Update On New Orchestral Album 5.5 25.07.2011 by Spanishkiller