Theatre Of Tragedy, who have decided to break up at the end of the year, need your help for their farewell project. Here's the story.

As some of you might have heard already, Theatre Of Tragedy are planning their first and last DVD with lots of live and background footage. The DVD should be some kind of farewell gift to the fans.

Though due to unforeseen events, it is getting quite difficult to get through with it. The band thought the financial side was cleared (about 25.000 Euros) but it was withdrawn at the last moment. This was quite a shock for everyone and the band had to think of a solution to go on with the DVD.

After lots of talk, the label will now give 10.000 Euros and the band members themselves will also give 10.000 Euro for the production of the DVD. This leaves a missing 5.000 Euros. The band's idea is to give you the possibility to make this DVD possible with your donations.

Said Theatre Of Tragedy: "If we don't reach 5.000 Euros within a week we will pay all your donations back of course but we sadly have to bury the idea of this DVD then. If you donate 100 Euros or more we will put your name on the DVD cover and send you a signed DVD after the release. Let's give this a try. It's our last chance for a final Theatre of Tragedy release!"

The appropriate Paypal link can be found here.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Theatre Of Tragedy

Posted: 04.09.2010 by BudDa

Comments

Elodie Artour - 04.09.2010 at 22:51
Wow...

That's...weird. Unfortunately, I'm unable to help but still, Theatre Of Tragedy remains one of my favourite bands of all time, so I wish them luck!
Bad English - 04.09.2010 at 23:51
LOL such band aks for donation LOL no way for disco crap...realy weird it is, because I personaly dont care about band firts 2 albums yes other is crap and ehhh but its funny thay please money... take from personal conts 5 000 is not much, probobly all members canb give 1 and its deal
Array - 05.09.2010 at 00:53
They know they gonna get that 5000.
dark_mar - 05.09.2010 at 01:35
Yes i give 300000 - nice try for label:-) - and even it is not it is so sick to ask people for that money!!!!!!!!!
Vitriolic Hate - 05.09.2010 at 03:33
Written by Array on 05.09.2010 at 00:53

They know they gonna get that 5000.

That's why they've asked it haha.
dismaleuphony - 05.09.2010 at 03:58
Disappointing they aren't able to secure funding for the release in a more natural way, but I wish them luck in getting appropriate donations. There's something about donating to something like this that makes me feel a bit weird, and thus avoid it, but cool if it works for them.

I'm curious, what is the normal costs for releasing a DVD? If it were of the quality of something like Therion's "Celebrators of Becoming" I'd be more than interested in buying (not for $127 USD though), but I've seen a few DVDs that were quite poor and only worth a single viewing. Anyway, hopefully they have many fans that will feel this offer worth it
Black Conundrum - 05.09.2010 at 06:12
I hope the DVD plans go through as desired. I can't help out, due to my status as an American who doesn't usually pay things in euros or some other non-American form of money, unfortunately.
corrupt - 05.09.2010 at 17:52
Written by Black Conundrum on 05.09.2010 at 06:12

Paypal will take care of that for you. If it's only that which keeps you from donating.

I can't help but think this is a little pretentious. It's not like they won't make money with a release like this, especially when there's no label behind it to grab most of it. And now they want to convince people that the project fails because of 5k? Yeah sure. Even if they don't want to get in debt (if you can call 5k a real debt), they could make twice that money with a nicely planned goodbye concert.
AnGina-- - 14.09.2010 at 23:41
I heard some unofficial rumours, that the money was gathered.
Array - 16.09.2010 at 00:57
**UPDATE**: WE MADE IT! PLEASE DON'T DONATE ANYMORE! -read on the site
Lovecraft - 13.10.2010 at 15:17
Ok?

News Theatre Of Tragedy - The Theatre Is Closing Down 7.5 01.03.2010 by Ernis
Albums Theatre Of Tragedy - Last Curtain Call 6 30.01.2011 by Array
Albums Theatre Of Tragedy - Forever Is The World 6 18.08.2010 by
Reviews Theatre Of Tragedy - Forever Is The World 6 11.10.2009 by AnGina--
News Arch Enemy - DVD Release In The Works, New Album Planned For 2014 5.5 29.10.2012 by theFIST

Hits total: 2007 | This month: 10