"The Cabal", the new video from Italian metallers Elvenking, can be viewed at this location. The clip was filmed on June 5-6 with director Mirco Andreis, who previously worked with the band on "The Divided Heart" video.

"The Cabal" comes off the band's forthcoming album, Red Silent Tides, which will be released on September 17 in Europe (November 9 in North America) via AFM Records. Everything you need to know about this album was previously reported here.

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Elvenking

Posted: 06.09.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

WorpeX - 06.09.2010 at 22:13
Why do all the band members (especially the singer) look like emo-fags now? What the hell happened to this band? That video was horrendous. I think i'd rather watch Rhapsody Of Fire's new video than watch that one again. Song was decent at least...
Ernis - 06.09.2010 at 22:17
Damnagoras' flamboyant emo look is in complete disharmony with this rather decent folk-element-containing song...
What teh hell? Their Scythe album was showing some emo tendencies but luckily their acoustic album was a better one... now what's with them now?
RavenKing - 06.09.2010 at 22:29
Lame pop-ish crap. As well listening to Sum 41 or Simple Plan than this shit.

"The Scythe" was a truely atrocious album and it seems this one won't be better.
Fat & Sassy! - 06.09.2010 at 22:29
Oh wow. Everything about this video and song is fucking awful. Guess I'm done with hoping for the best with these guys. -_-'
Ellrohir - 06.09.2010 at 22:37
Sigh...here we come again with MTV rock...and someone says "Winter Wake" was already too much "pop"?

still there is a little hope they used the worst but most "attractive for radios and tvs" song for single and video, but damn this sucks from band like Elvenking
Bad English - 06.09.2010 at 23:58
Im turning EMO, if there wa snot sxy dancer I would be mad on my self for wated 4min
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk - 07.09.2010 at 00:31
The only good thing about this video (and the song is meh) is the dancing girl. The singer really looks like an emo fag.

Here's for hoping that the rest of the album is better than this (= more like Two Tragedy Poets and less like The Scythe).
Magatouve - 07.09.2010 at 00:39
Good video for foot fetishists... and emo-fetishists as well... I admit I liked the part with the violin in the middle though.
iaberis - 07.09.2010 at 00:50
I ain't buying from them again!
Lokimor - 07.09.2010 at 01:16
The new album is good, not as good as Tragedy Poet, but it's still an interesting release. The new album is much more Power than Folk, get ready for something catchy. Catchy =/= pop. Anyway, I wonder why you're surprised the video sucks, have you ever seen a really good metal video?

Awww, and c'mon... "They look like emo-fags", they don't look emo, they just look like a metal band directed by an idiot who likes gay outfits.
iaberis - 07.09.2010 at 03:32
Written by Lokimor on 07.09.2010 at 01:16

Have you seen any Rammstein video?
farfaramir - 07.09.2010 at 03:40
It's seems that choosing the worst songs of every album as a single, and then making a more horrible video than the song itself, its a fashion today.
Stabby - 07.09.2010 at 04:06
Yeah I can't see this song pleasing all of you uber-metalheads. I like it and can't wait for the new album but everything about them got, well, pussified. I think the key is to stop thinking of them as a metal band.
farfaramir - 07.09.2010 at 05:15
Written by Stabby on 07.09.2010 at 04:06

As a matter of fact, they are still a metal band. I can assure you that the album won't be full of songs like this, this is just an attempt to get to a more different (emo... cof, cof) audience. But once they get the album, they will found with the surprise that the album is not like the single showed (they have done this before, with "The Divided Hearth"). I know because elvenking do this all the time (That's why I like their album, except for the promotional song).

And this is a metal page, if you are waiting to find emo band fans, well, that's a bit complicated XD.
Eddie Misery - 07.09.2010 at 05:17
The song isn't bad, but...it's so rock-ish compared to some of their other songs. Which is typical for a single I guess? I dunno. The video...made no sense.
huntedsnark - 07.09.2010 at 08:55
Wow, I'm horrified, they used to produce some reasonably unique crossover folk metal, now it's "Bullet for my Elvenking." Very disappointed.
Ellrohir - 07.09.2010 at 09:04
Written by iaberis on 07.09.2010 at 03:32

Written by Lokimor on 07.09.2010 at 01:16

Have you seen any Rammstein video?

btw i dont think the video itself sucks - the song does...it sounds exactly like when you turn on MTV and hear some of those "alternative rock" bands...just when you really try to, you can hear that the guy's voice is actually quite similar to that Damnagoras, who was so great on Heatenreel and Winter Wake...Two Tragedy Poets gave me hope, now the hope is gone again
Doc Godin - 07.09.2010 at 09:22
Simple Plan are gonna sue somebody.
insanity.peppers - 07.09.2010 at 11:26
What the fuck happened to my elvenking? Who's idiodic idea was it to turn these guys into emos?? And why would they agree to this???

Oh fuck me running this is bad news.
-Soulreaper- - 07.09.2010 at 17:35
Wow, that is some absolute garbage.
AngelofDeth - 07.09.2010 at 21:19
I thought this band was folk/power metalish??? this song sounds wayy pop....the chick is pretty hott tho yee
tieka - 08.09.2010 at 01:25
Maybe they did this just to scare people? And then they'll laugh at us for doubting them?
Wishmaster - 08.09.2010 at 05:16
I don't think so, but what the hell, I swear this song sounds like some mediocre alternative rock song.
Too Simple Plan-ish, they have turned.
Angelic Storm - 08.09.2010 at 11:42
Yeeuch, I have no aversion to lighter types of metal, but that song was just awful. Even as a pop song it is terrible. Perhaps it is just a radio friendly single, and the rest of the album won't be like this, but if it is, I certainly have no desire to hear it.

Come on Helloween and release your new album already! lol
Inshushinak - 08.09.2010 at 23:30
What the fuck its sounds like pop
pcgecko85 - 20.09.2010 at 10:59
Sounds like american *hardcore* emo bullshit.

News Elvenking - New Lyric Video Streaming Online 9 01.08.2012 by Yugosaki