Peaceville Records press release

Tokyo's Gallhammer are currently working on new material for the follow-up to 2007's Ill Innocence, & will enter the studio in October to record what Vivian Slaughter (bass/vocals) describes as an album of "strange & psychedelic experimental sounds of doom".

It has also been announced that guitarist & vocalist Mika has left Gallhammer to concentrate on her other band, whilst Vivian & Risa (drums) continue as a duo. You can now follow Gallhammer at their new Twitter page which will be constantly updated with band news & progress.

Source: peaceville.com
Band profile: Gallhammer

Posted: 07.09.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

vezzy - 07.09.2010 at 20:28
Good news.
Marcel Hubregtse - 07.09.2010 at 20:52
Oh my God this terrible band is about to record another horrible album. If it weren't for the fact the band are an all-girl Japanese band no labelin its right mind would have signed them.
!J.O.O.E.! - 07.09.2010 at 21:06
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2010 at 20:52

Too true. Hideously overrated.
The Technogoat - 07.09.2010 at 21:43
I enjoyed the "Ill Innocence" album but it did have a couple of ropey moments. The Peaceville compilation "The Dawn Of..." was alright too I thought, but some of the metal press do seem to get their panties in a twist over this band. I suppose their sexuality and nationality are something of a unique selling point in metal...
Doc Godin - 07.09.2010 at 22:27
Written by The Technogoat on 07.09.2010 at 21:43

They are. I enjoy their music, I like the raw jaw-clenching aggression, but I amongst the group of people that just doesn't get the uber-hype.

Their guitarist quit, eh? I once played a guitar, I suppose that makes me a good candidate for a replacement?
Darth Satanious - 08.09.2010 at 15:45
No! Who is going to equal Mika's virtuoso guitar playing and soprano voice now? If it weren't for the other two talented musicians left I wouldn't have faith of having another opus of pure brilliance and genre defining music put within the promise of this new release.

News The Faceless - Part Ways With Guitarist, Announce Replacement 8.5 06.03.2012 by Skyum
News Enthroned - Enter Studio Next Week, Part Ways With Regain Records 8.5 06.10.2011 by Megadeth88
News Scar The Martyr - Part Ways With Singer, Working On New Material 7 11.04.2014 by psykometal
News Panzerchrist - Part Ways With Guitarist 7 23.10.2011 by malaikat