German black metallers Dark Fortress have revealed new video for a song ''Ylem'', from the bands same titled album. The clip was shot in the Dechenhoehle, a natural flowstone cave that offered the perfect set for the story of "Ylem".

Morean (vocals): "The title track of our last album is a spell summoning the death of the universe in an accelerated "big crunch". The end of all living matter in the universe is inevitable, and in this invocation the sorcerer is a witness to this inevitable cosmic disaster. The clip is set in an atmosphere of desertion, with no more signs of civilisation, after the exponentially growing sun has scorched away all traces of life. As a last refuge, going underground offers the only shelter that is left, where the protagonist willingly surrenders to destruction and embraces his own end in a vision evoking both the distant past and distant future of our planet."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Dark Fortress

Posted: 08.10.2010 by Abattoir

Comments

Yojimbo - 08.10.2010 at 21:48
Never heard of these guys. The song's kinda cool, I guess. The video is typically ridiculous.
-DC-002- - 09.10.2010 at 01:55
I think, to much vocals and not enough Music speaking for itself. If I had never heard this kind of music before then it would sound a lot more interesting. The song isn't bad I guess but it just sounds like every other band producers drag up from nowhere and shit across all the internet ads and myspace.
Sahen - 09.10.2010 at 02:45
I prefer "Osirirs" but "Ylem" is not that bad. The main riff is pretty cool and the slow part as well. By the way you can't judge the whole album like this. There are several excellent songs on Ylem, some of them reminded me a bit of Séance and some others more experimental are completely different.

They are talented imo and know how to create dark , strange and even depressive atmospheres. I would recommend last two albums to people that like melodic black and even "Séance" or "Stab Wounds" for those who like and wanna see how it was like back in the days when Azathoth was singer/songwriter.

Even though I really enjoy listening to the song, clip is still a bit disappointing anyway. it's often the case with metal clips (at least for me) and especially those like black metal where lyrics usually talk about things that would require higher budget in order to create better special effects.

News Dark Fortress - New Video Online 10.5 02.02.2010 by Uirapuru
News Dark Tranquillity - New Video Online 7 24.09.2011 by Întunecatul
News Havok - Release Another New Video Online 7 29.03.2013 by exomorphyx89
News Dark Empire - Announce New Guitarist, Video Available 7 17.01.2013 by mikeprado30
News Dream Evil - Another New Video Online 7 21.09.2010 by WorpeX