Helloween are proud to present you their brand new video clip "Are You Metal?". The song comes off the upcoming album 7 Sinners. More album details and samples were already reported here.

So, Are You Metal? Find out at this location or http://www.areyoumetal.com (oh yes they did!).

The new Helloween album will be out on... wait for it... Halloween.

Source: vids.myspace.com
Band profile: Helloween

Posted: 11.10.2010 by finalfortuner

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 11.10.2010 at 21:04
Love the video, its like a Saw film. Great song, the album sounds like the heaviest they have done in a while.

Was worried about the title of the song, thought it might be another To The Metal Gamma Ray joke.
CyGuy6587 - 11.10.2010 at 21:06
I was thinking Saw as well! The song sounds good apart from the chorus; shit and unimaginative I think
Angelic Storm - 11.10.2010 at 22:03
I thought of Saw as well. In particular, the "reverse bear trap" from Saw 1. But the only parts of the video I enjoyed where the shots of the band and fans. (loved the shot of Dr Stein in the crowd! xD) Whatever "point" they were trying to get across with those girls with those things on their ears, was totally lost on me. It made no sense, and seemed totally unrelated to the song. Probably just another excuse to put young women in a video methinks. lol

The song is really great, Im totally looking forward to the new album now.
Ellrohir - 11.10.2010 at 22:27
Thumb up for the video idea, but i so much hate the song...
RavenKing - 12.10.2010 at 00:33
Such an annoying chorus
Doomus - 12.10.2010 at 00:43
I am programmed to hate every song about metal. Music was not too bad, though.
Baz Anderson - 12.10.2010 at 01:14
Kind of a typical chorus, but the song is catchy anyway... quite good.
MightyFireLord - 12.10.2010 at 01:50
Written by Angelic Storm on 11.10.2010 at 22:03

Do not try to understand, it's Helloween, totally delirious people.

The song is fine, some kind of heavy sound that I like to hear from Helloween. Btw, Gamma Ray give me more powerful music than Helloween last years I think, but the pumpkins seem to wake up
JohnDoe - 12.10.2010 at 01:51
I liked the song but disliked the video
Metal Invader - 12.10.2010 at 02:50
Written by MightyFireLord on 12.10.2010 at 01:50

Written by Angelic Storm on 11.10.2010 at 22:03

Do not try to understand, it's Helloween, totally delirious people.

The point is(in mine opinion) that the girls who are not into metal have to listen metal music to get free..becose of those devices on there heads they couldnt get this thing from the small window to open the door..i like the song and video is ok..they could do better and Deris looks old
Kratos - 12.10.2010 at 03:43
The video was fairly stupid, no point to it, but it was good to hear something form the new album. Hopefully it will be a good album since "Are You Metal" was my least favorite 30 second sample and it turned out to be an alright song.
Angelic Storm - 12.10.2010 at 04:11
Written by Metal Invader on 12.10.2010 at 02:50

That actually does kinda make sense, but it still could have been executed in a better way. What? Andi doesnt look old... lol
mikeprado30 - 12.10.2010 at 04:56
Written by RavenKing on 12.10.2010 at 00:33

Such an annoying chorus

Words of Da'MetalOgre (just kidding, man! I understand and respect your hate at my beloved Power Metal sub-genre, same at which I'm VERY ADDICTED! Just without stop enjoying another sub-genres of Metal and not-so-known bands also )
RavenKing - 12.10.2010 at 05:06
Written by mikeprado30 on 12.10.2010 at 04:56

Written by RavenKing on 12.10.2010 at 00:33

Such an annoying chorus

My comment has nothing to do with it being Powermetal or not. It's just that I hate choruses when the singer repeats the same few words many times. And it's valid for every genre.
LeChron James - 12.10.2010 at 05:47
The song is alright, i only hate the video cuz i hate the Saw movies. mainly cuz they're terrible. i hope the album is better than this song though.
BudDa - 12.10.2010 at 08:20
I like the song. Sound quality though is poor.
Stratowarrior - 12.10.2010 at 13:44
Great video and song and Dr Stein was hilarious
Metal Invader - 12.10.2010 at 18:22
Written by Angelic Storm on 12.10.2010 at 04:11

Written by Metal Invader on 12.10.2010 at 02:50

haha..well i think they should put Dani-s fast drumming more time then look at Andi-s same positions in all most every song live and on video and yes they could executed this video better but its ok..good modern video..!
consign2oblivion - 12.10.2010 at 18:24
Very new sound.
I think all of us have thought about Saw, hahaha
Angelic Storm - 12.10.2010 at 20:28
Written by Metal Invader on 12.10.2010 at 18:22

They didnt show much of Weiki or Markus either, and during Sascha's solo they kept cutting away to those stupid girls. lol The concept of the video was actually good, which makes a nice change these days for a metal video. But the way it was presented was very poor. Dr Stein moshing it on up in the crowd was a great moment though, I loved that! <3
The Shape 1973 - 12.10.2010 at 20:57
Dr Stein made me laugh.

Liked the keyboard sound. It seems that Helloween keep reinventing themselves and are getting better.

They should have had the two girls who weren't "metal" get killed by the things on their heads, then the video would have made more sense.
Angelic Storm - 12.10.2010 at 21:18
Written by The Shape 1973 on 12.10.2010 at 20:57

That's exactly what I was thinking too! lol The way it was presented, it was more like just an excuse to have those girls in the video. The concept was clearly inspired by SAW, and for it to really have made sense, the two non-metalhead girls should have been killed by the head traps. But if they had done that, it most likely would have needed to be censored.

I agree about the band reinventing themselves, and doing it successfully. Loving the new sound! xD
Agaton Sax - 12.10.2010 at 21:21
I think this new song is very good, and I can't wait for the new album. Helloween has been really great last couple of years.
Metal Invader - 12.10.2010 at 22:36
Written by Angelic Storm on 12.10.2010 at 21:18

Written by The Shape 1973 on 12.10.2010 at 20:57

in Saw picuteres concept is that everybody can save themself..and girls did that acepting metal music as they way out..
The Shape 1973 - 12.10.2010 at 22:50
Written by Metal Invader on 12.10.2010 at 22:36

Written by Angelic Storm on 12.10.2010 at 21:18

Written by The Shape 1973 on 12.10.2010 at 20:57

But only one of them did accept metal, the other two didn't.
Metal Invader - 12.10.2010 at 23:04
Written by The Shape 1973 on 12.10.2010 at 22:50

Written by Metal Invader on 12.10.2010 at 22:36

Written by Angelic Storm on 12.10.2010 at 21:18

Written by The Shape 1973 on 12.10.2010 at 20:57

But only one of them did accept metal, the other two didn't.

yes true..but they try and band(Helloween) is not cruel as jigsaw
Ellrohir - 12.10.2010 at 23:12
Written by Stratowarrior on 12.10.2010 at 13:44

Dr Stein was hilarious

agree on that...
Angelic Storm - 12.10.2010 at 23:15
Written by Metal Invader on 12.10.2010 at 23:04
yes true..but they try and band(Helloween) is not cruel as jigsaw

Meh, they should have been! lol

It would have been better if the video started with Andi saying "I want to play a game..." before the song kicks in. And when the song ends saying "game over!", after the non-metalhead girls failed the test.
Metal Invader - 12.10.2010 at 23:26
Written by Angelic Storm on 12.10.2010 at 23:15

Written by Metal Invader on 12.10.2010 at 23:04
yes true..but they try and band(Helloween) is not cruel as jigsaw

Meh, they should have been! lol

haha..that is not Helloween..and im glad its not..maybe Marilyn Manson but everibodys taste is diferent
Metal Invader - 15.10.2010 at 00:18