Sirenia have announced the title of their next upcoming album, penciled in for an early 2011 release through Nuclear Blast Records. The Enigma of Life will be the title of the fifth studio album. Singer Ailyn is currently in studio laying down the vocal arrangements.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Sirenia

Posted: 12.10.2010 by BudDa

Comments

AnGina-- - 12.10.2010 at 14:06
Like the title. It's so.... Mortenish Can't wait to hear the album and see what he's up to now (and Ailyn is still in the band, can't believe it!)
Dark Seraphim - 12.10.2010 at 14:35
Enjoyed the last one, look forward to this. Ailyn singing two albums? She should consider herself quite honoured! She's got a great voice I'm glad she still there.
Dark Blood - 12.10.2010 at 14:45
Oh they changed singer again after 'Nine Destinies...'? I stopped following them after that album, so no wonder I'm a little "away" from the band.
Kennoth - 12.10.2010 at 14:56
Yay, the same singer for whole two albums!

Seriously though, I prefer their first two albums, I'm not sure how thrilled I'll be with this release.
Lovecraft - 12.10.2010 at 15:32
The title is very Mortenish indeed. Ailyn in 2 albums? Now that's unexpected!
annodomini - 12.10.2010 at 18:22
Last two albums sucked, Mortemia sucked, and we all know that. So now Morten will listen to those 3 albums, rip off some tunes and vuala - "new" album. I completely stopped believing in Morten, when he promised that Mortemia will be something like Beyond the Veil, and it was nothing like that at all.
Elodie Artour - 13.10.2010 at 01:17
I'm so excited about their forthcoming record! Ailyn is awesome and I love "The 13th Floor," so my expectations are high.
Slyfang - 13.10.2010 at 05:49
Holy crap.. no numbers in the title? i really thought the next one was going to be named something like "The Eleven Keys of Sixtysix Doors"
Stabby - 13.10.2010 at 05:53
Yeah something closer to the earlier albums would be killer. What they should do is have one incredible pop song with a video, the singer looking lovely and attracting the audience and then sell the albums and tickets. The fans will like the album that's closer to At Sixes And Sevens even if they came for the pop. Everybody's happy.
annodomini - 13.10.2010 at 09:55
Written by Stabby on 13.10.2010 at 05:53

I'm afraid it is not the case, that Morten wants to create a more popish music, but it's because he lost his writing talent, he run out of it.
corrupt - 13.10.2010 at 11:19
Written by annodomini on 13.10.2010 at 09:55

Agreed.
dismaleuphony - 13.10.2010 at 12:38
Kind of a surprise about the stability of the lineup this time around to me too, and that the disc is nearly going to be released. I'm not too hopeful, so probably no chance for a disappointment . I'll check it out of course, with the desire for any sort of evolution in his writing compared to the last 2 Sirenia / last Mortemia albums. I'm starting to wonder if it's his isolation in composing that is becoming his downfall?
ndawkn - 13.10.2010 at 16:12
I like Sirenia's earlier albums and the 13th floor as well so gotta say I'm really looking forward to this.

News Sirenia - New Album Title Revealed 10.5 04.10.2008 by Bas
News Sinister - New Line-Up Announced, Album Title Revealed 7 26.05.2011 by sq_xeper
News Wednesday 13 - New Album Title Revealed 7 10.09.2012 by psykometal