Symfonia is the name of a new melodic metal project featuring former members of Helloween, Stratovarius, Angra and Sonata Arctica. The band is set to enter the Studio Mega in Varberg, Sweden later this month to begin recording its debut album, scheduled for a spring 2011 release.

The Symfonia line-up looks as follows:

• Timo Tolkki (Stratovarius, Revolution Renaissance) - guitar
  • André Matos (Angra, Shaman, Viper) - vocals
  • Jari Kainulainen (Stratovarius, Evergrey) - bass
  • Mikko Härkin (Sonata Arctica, Kotipelto) - keyboards
  • Uli Kusch (Masterplan, Helloween) - drums

The very humble press release reads as follows: "None of these musicians need an introduction. They are all legends among the melodic metal community. By sheer coincidence, they all found themselves living on the same continent, in Scandinavia. They decided to join forces and express their talents in the form of a new melodic metal project: Symfonia.

Honoring the heritage of their previous bands Stratovarius, Helloween, Angra and Sonata Arctica, Symfonia continues their superb melodic metal tradition with an incredible musicianship that is a match made in heaven. This is a force that no serious melodic metal fan will be able to ignore.

Symfonia will make its world premiere on February 18 at the Finnish Metal Expo, an International Metal Meeting, where they will take the stage at 11PM in the evening."

Source: symfonia.fi
    Band profile: Symfonia
    Posted: 09.11.2010 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk - 09.11.2010 at 12:27
    Interesting lineup, shit of a name. If Timo lets Uli write some song thought, it could turn out good. Although they will probably split after the first album "due to musical differences".
    Sword_Chant - 09.11.2010 at 12:52
    This is going to be either a masterpeice or a disaster....
    BynersA7X - 09.11.2010 at 17:49
    There it comes a MASTERPIECE.

I f*cking love Sonata Arctica. I like very much Helloween, Stratovarius and Revolution Renaissance. André Matos is the greatest Brazilian metal singer ever but I don't like Angra and Shaman to much...

Hellyeah, this will be a masterpiece :O
    Ag Fox - 09.11.2010 at 19:53
    Just looking at the band name makes me want to turn away....

but if Uli steps in more, something good may come out of it
    DissectoR - 09.11.2010 at 19:59
    It is smelling like disaster to me! I hope they will get me wrong
    Daggon - 09.11.2010 at 21:08
    Written by Sword_Chant on 09.11.2010 at 12:52

This is going to be either a masterpeice or a disaster....

Just what I thought... They should have found another name, this one kinda sucks.
    Buivolas - 09.11.2010 at 23:46
    Another "metal star team" fuck up soon:D
    Luneth - 10.11.2010 at 01:16
    Mikko is on Keyboard???!!! Holy fuck I can't wait now!!!

Awesome name too, perfect for a melodic metal band!
    LeChron James - 10.11.2010 at 05:12
    Huh, i guess Tolkki has recovered from his mental breakdown. i wonder how Andre Matos got suckered into this.
    mikeprado30 - 10.11.2010 at 06:16
    I hope Tolkki's madness doesn't affect the progress of this new project, and that PLEASE give us something more than ANOTHER Power Metal band more...
    renai - 10.11.2010 at 10:29
    It is a typo on the band's name?
    MeTalRea|istiK - 10.11.2010 at 14:09
    Very very very very very very very very interesting line up!!looking forward to it!!!
    Jon - 10.11.2010 at 14:16
    Written by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk on 09.11.2010 at 12:27

Agree. Thought we'd seen the last of Tolkki for a while after the overblown, overrated Revolution Renaissance. Funny how he jumps form one new band to another desperately trying to get his career back. I just can't understand why, given his track record for being a difficult little bitch to work with, anyone in their right mind would join a band with him in it. And don't say for money because they are all doing perfectly well in their main projects!
    RavenKing - 10.11.2010 at 14:45
    Sounds like some pretentious project that will end up as nothing but crap in the end. Especially as Tolkki is involved. Revolution Renaissance was shitty, especially on "Age Of Aquarius".
    Adus11 - 10.11.2010 at 22:53
    I'm gonna hold out some hope just for André Matos alone, but I'm still not optimistic.
    RafaRata - 11.11.2010 at 00:48
    I hope Timo is not the producer
    valiovalenti - 12.11.2010 at 18:11
    Keep my fingers crossed to turn into sth special. At first sight it doesn't look bad at all:cool:
    GT - 12.11.2010 at 18:24
    Nice lineup. Hope they'll be able to make something good
    =maD.Doc:. - 16.11.2010 at 04:54
    I guess this will be like most other "supergroups" today, just plain boring. Throw together a couple of big names, sell a lot of records, never hear from them again. There's your typical supergroup. Even if the musicians in the "supergroup" are good ones, they usually come up with boring stuff, as they mix to much stuff that doesn't fit well together. Anywho, I hope this turns out good, tho I highly doubt it, as Timo Tolkki is there, and he hasn't done very good stuff for a loooooong time, however André might give them the slight favor, depending on how bad the music is.

News Killer Be Killed - New Super Group Details Debut 6 26.10.2013 by TheCybershifter
    General metal forum Looking for new melodic black/death metal bands I should listen to 5 05.04.2012 by s_t_s
    Promotion and Ads Seraphiel - A new (Super) Power Metal Band from Finland 4.5 07.12.2011 by Obscure
    News Ov Hell - New All-Star Black Metal Band Formed 4.5 22.10.2009 by JunN_Vai
    News Anaal Nathrakh - Joins Metal Blade, New Album This Year 4 25.06.2014 by Panzerfrost