Amon Amarth have released the following update:

"The last couple of months we have been busy working on our follow up to Twilight of the Thunder God. Ten songs were written and on October 1st we started tracking drums for the album in Park Studios.

After a short trip to Tokyo, which included our first ever show in Japan at the renowned Loupark Festival, we continued tracking bass and guitars at Fascination Street Studios. Recordings have been going well and we are now more than half-way through and the album starts to take shape. We'll keep you updated with more info soon!"

For now the band can confirm some shows in the UK as part as the "Defenders Of The Faith 2011" tour with Children Of Bodom. Those dates were posted yesterday at this location.

Source: amonamarth.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth

Posted: 16.11.2010 by Abattoir

Comments

BloodTears - 16.11.2010 at 14:34
Let's see what they do next.
superrabbit - 16.11.2010 at 15:45
It's gonna be so hard to beat Twilight... But good luck guys, cant wait to hear it \m/
Carl Berg - 16.11.2010 at 16:08
Well I'll be damned
In Bone Factory - 16.11.2010 at 18:34
OFM
hadriel - 16.11.2010 at 18:35
Looking forward to this, their past few have been solid.
BloodTears - 16.11.2010 at 19:46
Actually, unlike some people, I don't think it'll take that much to beat Twilight, the ones at the altar for me are still the old albums and With Odin.

So, I think they can top Twilight. But can they top With Odin? Let's hope so.
Super_Greg - 16.11.2010 at 21:06
Written by BloodTears on 16.11.2010 at 19:46

So, I think they can top Twilight. But can they top With Odin? Let's hope so.

I agree. I thought Twilight was pretty boring ;(

Hopefully their new album will kick ass!!
InnerSelf - 16.11.2010 at 21:08
Written by BloodTears on 16.11.2010 at 19:46

So, I think they can top Twilight. But can they top With Odin? Let's hope so.

That is what I exactly feel, Twilight was not better than With Odin
hope they can do something amazing and not stick to the old formula
Vombatus - 16.11.2010 at 21:09
Yep, I agree. Twilight was probably my least favorite album, I felt it was too uninspired (and even a "plastic feel" in the production), specially compared to the perfection that was With Oden On Our Side.

I still think this one is totally gonna be , Amon Amarth never did anything wrong.
Bad English - 16.11.2010 at 21:27
Written by BloodTears on 16.11.2010 at 14:34

Let's see what they do next.

Shood be good, because non of albums are let down
Thanntos - 16.11.2010 at 21:52
Twilight was relatively weak compared to their last few. Butt Odin is one of my all time fav albums, and it is going to be very difficult to top that.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 16.11.2010 at 23:17
I want it to be something like the lines of Versus The World more-like.
Yojimbo - 16.11.2010 at 23:39
I loved Twilight and can't wait for new stuff. AA is the rare band that gets better with time.
Black Conundrum - 17.11.2010 at 02:46
Sweet news about an upcoming album by this band. I own three of their albums, including the last one. I'm looking forward to this one.
Richard - 17.11.2010 at 04:01
Twilight of the Thunder God was certainly their most accessible album, being instantly catchy and everything, but basically I just think it's a damn fine album with a few really strong anthemic Metal songs.

It'll be interesting to see where they go with this next album, whether they stick with the Twilight sound, or become even more accessible, or 'rough it up' a bit.
Umideath - 17.11.2010 at 05:41
Oh Fuck
Dark Blood - 17.11.2010 at 20:33
Written by BloodTears on 16.11.2010 at 19:46

So, I think they can top Twilight. But can they top With Odin? Let's hope so.

I agree with you. Twilight was a good and very solid album, but Odin... that was their best in my opinion as well. Also love Fate of Norns.

Let's see how this one comes out. I doubt it can top Odin, but you never know. I hope so.
BloodTears - 17.11.2010 at 21:09
Written by Dark Blood on 17.11.2010 at 20:33

Written by BloodTears on 16.11.2010 at 19:46

So, I think they can top Twilight. But can they top With Odin? Let's hope so.

I also love Fate of Norns, I think it's a very good album. I think Fate of Norns was superior to Twilight for instance.
AngelofDeth - 18.11.2010 at 21:07
Yea Fate of Norns has always been my favorite. Pursuit of Vikings is the ultimate Amon Amarth song, and the rest of the album amazing as well.
Kevorkian - 19.11.2010 at 09:32
Fantastic news. While "Twilight . . ." was musically their simplest to date, those songs are amazing when performed live. Whether they stick with their new trajectory or go back to the older sound, I'm happy.
Valaskjalf - 19.11.2010 at 19:17
Another self-plagiarised album to look forward to then...or not.

News Amon Amarth - Working On New Album 10.5 17.01.2008 by Elegy
News Amon Amarth - New Album Title And Artwork Unveiled 9 12.04.2013 by J. N.
News Amon Amarth - Complete Recording New Album 9 14.06.2008 by Bad English
News Amon Amarth - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 9 18.01.2011 by Dark Blood
News Amon Amarth - Entire New Album Streaming (Update) 9 21.06.2013 by AngelofDeth