The countdown started about a week ago is over, so it is time for you to discover the new list of confirmed artists for the next HELLFEST!

As usual the HELLFEST stay in its shoes, eclecticism and taking risks are our watchwords! Extreme music being not limited to any particular style, you will still discover many original bands, real "UFOS", but famous and legendary artists that it is time to discover or rediscover on stage before that it's too late! We promise to surprise you again!

We won't talk about the qualities of each artist's newly confirmed, but you're free to check all the bands this list which shouldn't people indifferent:

Ozzy Osbourne - Scorpions

Opeth - Anathema - Black Label Society - Kreator - Bolt Thrower

1349 - Ancestors - Arkona - Arma Gathas - Atheist - Audrey Horne - Black Dalhia Murder - Comeback Kid - Dagoba - Electric Wizard - Exhumed - Eyehategod - Firewind - The Gates Of Slumber - Hawkwind - Krisiun - Korpiklaani - Kylesa - Masters Of Reality - Mekong Delta - Pain Of Salvation - Red Fang - Satanic Warmaster - Skeletonwitch - Skyforger - Street Dogs - Unleashed - Vader

Like every year, some fans will be disappointed by the announcement ... it is always difficult to please the connoisseurs of the Hellfest! We ask them to be patient because some big surprises will come in the weeks to come, and especially just before Christmas, as two new bands will be revealed during this period... we let you guess!

New announcement in November means new discounted ticket! The ones who trust us, who believe in the festival and its programming will once again find tickets at €109 (without booking fees) instead of €139! This operation is valid until the 1st of January 2011 and / or of 2500 3-day tickets sold. On this occasion, we remind you that last year these packages were sold in just two short weeks ... It is up to you to make the next 25th December, a Christmas "metal"!

See you soon with a new special announcement and two "mysterious" which should kick the ass of the people who haven't buy their tickets through the special offer!

Until then have fun discovering the new bands!

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2011

Posted: 20.11.2010 by Jeff

Comments

‹‹ Back to the Hellfest 2011 (public)

Bad English - 20.11.2010 at 13:42
To see list
Ozzy Osbourne(saw onec might be sarifiece)
Opeth, Black Label Society - Kreator - Bolt Thrower

Electric , Wizard Firewind - The Gates Of Slumber - Hawkwind - Krisiun - Korpiklaani - , Mekong Delta - , Skeletonwitch - Skyforger , Vader
Marcel Hubregtse - 20.11.2010 at 13:46
Some really good additions.
Shame Satanic Warhamster is playing though.
Valentin B - 20.11.2010 at 13:47
Ooh so Scorpions are doing festivals next summer.. interesting might just be the first (and last) time i'll see them.

edit: Kreator sounds good too, hope they play at Wacken so i have an excuse to go there yet again instead of Hellfest (aside from being the cool alternative trendkilling guy on metal storm)
Luneth - 20.11.2010 at 13:50
Only interested in Firewind of that list, and only marginally...
ArsMilitaria - 20.11.2010 at 13:57
Yeah well. I'm coming. #4!
Vombatus - 20.11.2010 at 14:05
Hmmm first announcement was a bit better... only bolt thrower (at a fest? )/kreator/satanic war./korpi. make me want to go.... but i probably won't be there so who cares ? hahahaha (hope they make it even better in 2012)
Bas - 20.11.2010 at 14:52
Nice, a few cool ones so far, looking forwards to it
Mountain King - 20.11.2010 at 15:39
Scorpions and Firewind cool...
White Winter Sun - 20.11.2010 at 16:28
Some pretty nice additions in that new bunch
arj - 20.11.2010 at 17:15
Holy shit! What an announcement. The first one didn't really do anything for me. Some nice bands but none I would travel for. But now!!

Opeth
Bolt FUCKKKKKKKKKING Thrower
Unleashed
Kreator

I have to go now :-)

See you in France next year!
Super_Greg - 20.11.2010 at 19:03
Wow, I am so jealous of you Europeans. American get shit metal festivals like Ozzfest and Sounds of the Underground.

I'm sure this is in the forums (I don't have time to look it up at the moment), but how easy would it be for an American to go to Hellfest? I have never been abroad b4, and I've always dreamed of going to Wacken or Hellfest. Do many people speak English at the festival? I'm afraid I'd get there and get lost, or get shunned for being American. Any Americans that have been to Hellfest? Is it expensive? Can i bring my own camping equipment and food into the festival grounds? If anyone can help me out I'd love you forever lol.
Introspekrieg - 20.11.2010 at 19:20
Written by Super_Greg on 20.11.2010 at 19:03

I went to Brutal Assault in the Czech Republic last year with my gf and had a good time. The only issues I ran into were with the organization of the event, I'm sure bigger festivals like Hellfest and Wacken have it planned out better. Most of the people I met spoke English, some metal heads from CZ, Germany, Poland, UK, Australia were in our camp and were awesome people (no shunning). Just be warned a trip like that is very expensive, I want to go to Hellfest next year but I'm still recovering from my expenses associated with this year.

Also: Do not try to out-drink Europeans
Super_Greg - 20.11.2010 at 19:27
Written by Introspekrieg on 20.11.2010 at 19:20

Written by Super_Greg on 20.11.2010 at 19:03

Also: Do not try to out-drink Europeans

I played rugby for a couple years, and I know all about Europeans and their partying habits lol. I was on the Hellfest forums and found some good information too. I heard about "Hellfest showers" = sani wipes and deoderant lol. I really want to go, but I'm still pretty nervous, never having been away from the US b4.
RafaRata - 20.11.2010 at 19:37
CORONER!!!!
Ander - 20.11.2010 at 19:40
Written by Super_Greg on 20.11.2010 at 19:03

Seriously man, you won't get shunned for being American, it's not the Middle East! We love you guys, and you'll have absolutely no trouble finding people who speak English decently (including the Hellfest staff). Getting there is easy provided you have enough money to afford the trip to France: book a plane round-trip from your city, landing at Charles de Gaulle (Paris) airport, from there you can either buy a train ticket from Lille to Clisson (in any French train station, or online) or use one of the several Hellfest buses I believe the organizers make available for the occasion (in this case you should contact the Hellfest staff). Once on the Hellfest site, you can settle your tent and camping stuff easily although I strongly recommend to be there one day ahead of the festival's kickoff, since it starts to get crowded on Friday morning. You can buy your food on the festival grounds, or bring some if you prefer (there's also a McDonald's not far from the camping site ^^).

So yeah, I'd say it's all a matter of being able to afford the plane trip + Hellfest ticket, but if you decide to come you won't have any trouble (outside of the occasional bad luck that can't be predicted). And trust me, it's well worth it.
Introspekrieg - 20.11.2010 at 19:40
Written by Super_Greg on 20.11.2010 at 19:27

lol I heard there are giant shower tents that everyone can communally bathe in... kind of resembling a concentration camp sanitization with fat hairy metal heads instead. (Not sure if that's Hellfest or Wacken)

I say do it... the experience is something you will always remember. I recommend going with other people you know though, just so you don't feel completely alien.
Lit. - 20.11.2010 at 19:47
THAT'S IT! I'm moving to Europe! I don't care what anyone says. I must see this.
Plus, I want to meet some hot European girl with a sexy accent.
BloodTears - 20.11.2010 at 19:50
Screw this, Hellfest should be in Portugal!
Super_Greg - 20.11.2010 at 20:01
Written by Introspekrieg on 20.11.2010 at 19:40

Written by Super_Greg on 20.11.2010 at 19:27

:o

LOL sounds terrifying! :(
Ander - 20.11.2010 at 20:14
Written by Introspekrieg on 20.11.2010 at 19:40

Written by Super_Greg on 20.11.2010 at 19:27

The showers at Hellfest are actually in small barracks (not Obama... okay okay, sorry) with individual cells and a closed door, four to five showers per barrack, nothing communal like in a men's locker room. The huge tents only include several rows of lavatories for brushing your teeth and shaving. You do have to pay an additional fee for access to the water site, and wait quite a long time for your shower (depending on the hour). But they're improving it every year.
BitterCOld - 20.11.2010 at 21:20
Just pack one of those camp showers for your tent...
Black Mass - 21.11.2010 at 10:17
Bought my ticket yesterday
Ulric - 21.11.2010 at 12:38
Written by Ander on 20.11.2010 at 20:14

Written by Introspekrieg on 20.11.2010 at 19:40

Written by Super_Greg on 20.11.2010 at 19:27

If you have enough money to pay the plane ticket then come to the Hellfest ! It's like living in a metal village during 4 days. For all the non-french metalheads we are happy to meet you and spend together 4 great metal days, come to the Hellfest !
AyΣm - 21.11.2010 at 18:49
Very good and incredible line-up, this year will be unbelievable!!! Bolt Thrower, Kreator, Coroner, Scorpions, Opeth, BLS, Vader... and more to come...
Daggon - 22.11.2010 at 09:52
Meh, I don't give a fuck anymore, I hate you Europeans, I hate you France, and I hate you even more Clisson!!!

News Hellfest Open Air 2014 - New Bands Announced 3.5 04.12.2013 by Derelict Earth
News HellFest 2008 - New Names In The Line Up! 3.5 22.02.2008 by White Winter Sun
News Hellfest Open Air 2013 - New Bands Confirmed 3.5 31.01.2013 by BitterCOld
News New England Metal & Hardcore Festival - Announce Line-Up And Headliners 3.5 14.12.2011 by BoxCar Willy
News Hellfest 2012 - 49 New Bands Confirmed 3.5 26.11.2011 by arj