As reported earlier this week, Kamelot's Pandemonium Over Europe 2011 is building, adding Evergrey, Amaranthe and Sons Of Seasons (on selected dates) to the already announced tour schedule, with more dates to come.

Aug 30 - Grammercy Theater in New York City, NY - USA
Sept 2 - Club Soda in Montreal, Québec - Canada

Unfortunately, we have been informed that, due to continuing medical and personal issues, Roy Khan will not be able to finish the remaining touring in support of Kamelot's album, Poetry for the Poisoned...

However, we are pleased to announce that metal icon Fabio Lione (Rhapsody Of Fire, Vision Divine, ex-Labyrinth) will be joining the tour and handling the lead vocal duties. There will also be guest vocal appearances throughout the tour by Simone Simons (Epica), Tommy Karevik (Seventh Wonder), and many more surprise guests throughout this very special and rare tour.

Fabio Lione is eager to get on the road, stating: "I am excited and pleased to be part of the next Kamelot tour. I always loved the sound of the band and I think this will be a great experience for me, the band and for all the fans of great music and Kamelot... see you soon on tour and let's rock!"

Source: kamelot.com
Band profile: Kamelot

Posted: 17.12.2010 by Thryce

Comments

ZGoten - 17.12.2010 at 12:04
Personal issues? I hope the band members get along well.
GT - 17.12.2010 at 12:07
Interesting. Wonder how their music sounds with Fabio on vocals!?
Valentin B - 17.12.2010 at 12:34
Damn, Khan's voice is a pretty big part of Kamelot. if anyone else singed "Mourning Star" i'm sure it wouldn't have sounded as good.
Baz Anderson - 17.12.2010 at 12:35
I don't care much for Kamelot, but this should be interesting if I go to the show.
Ellrohir - 17.12.2010 at 13:43
Written by ZGoten on 17.12.2010 at 12:04

Personal issues? I hope the band members get along well.

isnt it more likely that, that Roy has had health problem recently?
BynersA7X - 17.12.2010 at 14:44
Well... I really wish I could go to those shows... I love Rhapsody and Kamelot '-'
Andreas - 17.12.2010 at 15:16
Well, too bad about Roy, but...

HELL YEAH!
ZGoten - 17.12.2010 at 15:20
Written by Ellrohir on 17.12.2010 at 13:43

Written by ZGoten on 17.12.2010 at 12:04

Personal issues? I hope the band members get along well.

isnt it more likely that, that Roy has had health problem recently?

I don't know. It says both personal and health issues in the article.
4look4rd - 17.12.2010 at 16:47
Very interesting, I hope they come somewhere near the DC area :<
Sulac - 17.12.2010 at 17:50
Second that DC hope. Only place I go for concerts, though its a 2 hour drive. I'm still going to this show! Rhapsody isn't too bad and I've resigned myself to never seeing Khan live.
RhaegarTargaryen - 17.12.2010 at 20:09
I'm scared to shit that all this will end by Roy Khan leaving Kamelot. Which is a big no-no. They should have takem Michael Eriksen from Circus Maximus IMO, but Lione is good vocalist.
The Shape 1973 - 17.12.2010 at 20:51
I'm quite glad now that the Nottingham date was cancelled as i wouldn't want to see them without Roy.

Sounds like the end to me.
jess_lacrymosa - 17.12.2010 at 21:02
Hope Roy gets well soon, poor man He's been suffering of kind of depression since september or so. These things can be pretty tough.
Anyway Roy IS Kamelot for me and Kamelot without Roy is not the same band, seen them twice and can't imagine to hear those songs sang by anyebody else.
I'll see if I decide to go to Milan and see them anyway, the partecipation of Simone and Tommy makes it sound more interesting, as also Elvenking and most of all Sons of Seasons as opening acts. Not too enthusiast about Lione, wish it was somebody else. Will see
Ellrohir - 18.12.2010 at 00:22
Written by ZGoten on 17.12.2010 at 15:20

Written by Ellrohir on 17.12.2010 at 13:43

Written by ZGoten on 17.12.2010 at 12:04

Personal issues? I hope the band members get along well.

isnt it more likely that, that Roy has had health problem recently?

I don't know. It says both personal and health issues in the article.

well since it is only about 3 months since they had to reschedule some tour dates because of his "serious, yet undiagnosed illness", i would bet, the problems somehow continue...and it has nothing to do with relationships...question is if it is good news or bad news...
Paradox0 - 18.12.2010 at 10:09
I really hope this isn't going to lead to another heavy metal icon in a coffin. maybe I'm just tired but perhaps he's depressed about death.....fuck!!!
Carloz - 18.12.2010 at 11:19
So wait a minute... Does that mean Khan is not going on tour in Europe, or is it just the American dates that are set to be with Fabio?
ImNotMetal - 18.12.2010 at 18:51
Rare event!! , and I will not be able to see it.
Novas - 19.12.2010 at 07:14
"Personal" as in "with himself/family" guys. Youngblood & Roy are like best buds. No way theyre gonna break it off. Khan would be a very hard replacement. Certaintly, the band would not bring back their first singer...lol.....
Hanyuchan - 19.12.2010 at 07:44
Great, now when the fuck is the North American tour that was supposed to happen. An American fuckin band that refuses to tour in America? The fuck!
jess_lacrymosa - 19.12.2010 at 14:16
Kel'thuzad: "As part of the ongoing Kamelot campaign, the band has now announced 2 shows as part of what will be a full US tour: "

That's written in this article, don't piss of without any sense, it's not good for your health ^^
Daggon - 20.12.2010 at 00:29
What an strange replacement, I mean, I love Fabio's voice but it's kinda strange to change Roy for him, Khan's voice is more mmmmmm "obscure" than Fabio's voice, oh well, who knows, I'm not going to see them hahaha, only if they come to Mexico.
Adus11 - 20.12.2010 at 00:31
Interesting. I've kind of grown away from Rhapsody over the past few years but I still buy their albums and enjoy them. Kamelot has always been a favorite of mine, as well. Never really imagined what Fabio would sound like singing Kamelot songs. He's a great vocalist and classically trained like Khan, but they don't sound very similar. Hope I get a chance to hear it.
DieH@rd - 21.12.2010 at 21:25
Now this i got to hear.
demonsarising - 24.12.2010 at 20:37
Written by ZGoten on 17.12.2010 at 12:04

Personal issues? I hope the band members get along well.

No, Kahn is sick, he had a breakdown or something like that, and he's still recovering from that. I don't think there are any personal issues, but I'm not in the band, so I wouldn't be able to tell you.
Hanyuchan - 10.01.2011 at 00:47
Finally coming to America, my god it's about time.

News Kamelot - Amaranthe Singer Joining Kamelot On Tour 7.5 26.01.2011 by WorpeX
News Kamelot - Roy Khan Leaves The Band 7.5 22.04.2011 by TemplarLS
News Rhapsody Of Fire - North American Headlining Tour Announced 5.5 09.03.2012 by Kalmari
News Rhapsody Of Fire - The Frozen Tour Of Angels - First Dates 5.5 14.08.2010 by Daggon
News Rhapsody Of Fire - Announce Tour Dates 5.5 09.01.2012 by Parasomnia