Earlier today, German Symphonic metallers Xandria have unveiled their new singer and frontwoman, Manuela Kraller.

She started singing at the lately age of 23, took classical lessons and sang in church and gospel choirs. As her interest towards rock and metal music grew up on her, she found herself performing in a Swiss metal band called Nagor Mar. She also became a singer in the famous act Haggard as a tour musician. You can watch her personal introduction video below.

The band stated earlier: "The search has been long, but it has been worth it! She is the one we have been looking for! We already have begun working on the finalization of the music for the new album with her, so we hope to enter the studio for recording the new album in the new year as soon as possible."

And Manuela commented as follows: "Finally the waiting has come to an end and I am very happy to tell you that I am the new front woman of Xandria! At the moment we are working on the preproduction of the new album to present the new material as soon as possible to you. I am very excited about rocking the stages with the guys in future and I am looking forward to see you all live at the concerts!"

Source: xandria.de
Band profile: Xandria

Posted: 20.12.2010 by Elodie Artour

Comments

HateSpark - 20.12.2010 at 21:19
Anyone who has done vocal parts for Haggard should be auto-awesome
Bad English - 20.12.2010 at 21:32
She's also good looking
Elodie Artour - 21.12.2010 at 00:45
Finally! I'm soo excited!

So, here's HOW she actually sounds like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJfkN0mBOOI
Beautiful voice... It's totally appealing for me and I also like her appearance, so we shall see...

@HateSpark: Good point, dude.
dismaleuphony - 21.12.2010 at 06:54
Great to see the band complete again, it's been too long since I've heard some new music from them!

@Elodie, thanks for the link She seems quite promising for a future Xandria recording!
The Black Halo - 21.12.2010 at 08:57
Hope she sounds as good as she looks.
GT - 21.12.2010 at 10:13
Happy that there finally a complete band again so we can get some new tunes from them. Been way too long.
mariano - 21.12.2010 at 14:12
Written by Elodie Artour on 21.12.2010 at 00:45

Finally! I'm soo excited!

@HateSpark: Good point, dude.

Not bad... not too impressive either.
I just hope these guys are not making the same mistake Nightwish did. That song you posted reminded me when Nightwish released the single "Eva" to promote their new album/singer ...that was a real disappointment, on the other hand this girl still has the benefit of the doubt.
Anyway, good job finding that youtube link
Elodie Artour - 21.12.2010 at 17:57
Hehe, thank you, guys! You're totally welcome!

C'm on - that's just one song by some unknown Swiss band! She has sung for Haggard, so I don't get the point of discussing her vocal abilities.
Luneth - 22.12.2010 at 00:50
An operatic voice on her would be sexy xD
Cassian - 04.08.2011 at 19:51
Wow, it's been so long!!!
I miss Lisa so much because somehow her voice perfectly matches the music of Xandria.
However, let's see what this girl will bring us. She toured for Haggard right? That's a great advantage.

News Xandria - New Singer Announced 9 09.02.2009 by dismaleuphony
News Endstille - New Singer Announced 5.5 08.12.2009 by Asitis
News ETHS - Talent Show Sensation Announced As New Singer 5.5 03.04.2013 by Marcel Hubregtse
News Coram Lethe - New Singer Announced 5.5 14.02.2010 by -DC-002-
News Catamenia - New Singer To Be Announced Before The End Of The Year 5.5 25.11.2010 by J. N.