The day of the last apocalypse has finally arrived! Hellfest Open Air has announced the final batch of 50 names for the 2011 edition, set to take place June 17-19th in Clisson, France.

Click to enlarge

The new bands are: Iggy And The Stooges - Rob Zombie - Apocalyptica - Cavalera Conspiracy - Disturbed - Alter Bridge - Kyuss Lives! - Monster Magnet - The Cult - Mr Big - U.F.O. - Cradle Of Filth - Morbid Angel - Meshuggah - Clutch - Corrosion Of Conformity - Goatsnake - Buzzov•en - Destruction - Municipal Waste - Whiplash - Maximum The Hormone - Hammerfall - Crucified Barbara - Black Rain - Suicide Silence - Hail Of Bullets - Gorguts - Morgoth - Tsjuder - Turisas - Grand Magus - Lock Up - Anal Cunt - Total Fucking Destruction - Terror - D.R.I. - US Bombs - The Dwarves - Architects - Times Of Grace - Knut - Kruger - Deez Nuts - Lyzanxia - Sup - Klone - Svart Crown - Impureza - Hangmans Chair + 2 Surprise Acts

There are only 2 surprise acts left to be announced during the following weeks to complete this year's line-up. Unfortunately Street Dogs and Satanic Warmaster were forced to cancel their appearance.

All ticket info is available here. An up to date festival billing is available over here.

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2011

Posted: 27.01.2011 by Thryce

Comments

Nerevarine - 27.01.2011 at 15:06
Oh fuck , always wanted to see Morbid Angel live .. + Septic , Meshuggah , Hawkwind...
Jehan - 27.01.2011 at 15:22
One word :
Awesome...
Troy Killjoy - 27.01.2011 at 15:29
I really don't think this line-up is as good as last year's. That being said, there are still some classic bands I've love to see live (Bolt Thrower, Malevolent Creation, Grave) and "heavyweights" a la Vader and Krisiun. I suppose Mayhem would be worthwhile as well - both main stages are almost completely irrelevant to me with the exception of Morbid Angel, Sodom, and Atheist.

I'm sure plenty of people will be happy though; this is a pretty diverse line-up for hard rock/metal fans.
Ozman - 27.01.2011 at 15:30
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.01.2011 at 15:29

imo the line-up is stronger than last year's. Just look at the Terrorizer tent. Fucking hell...
Windrider - 27.01.2011 at 15:38
Have not heard yet of a band called "suprise act", but they even play two times... Gotta check them out!
Troy Killjoy - 27.01.2011 at 15:39
Written by Ozman on 27.01.2011 at 15:30

Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.01.2011 at 15:29

The only day worth mentioning for Terrorizer (personally of course) would be Sunday. Friday/Saturday I could live without.

PS - as if I forgot naming Coroner as a classic! haha
kingofinsania - 27.01.2011 at 15:39
Damn, what a line up... especially the Terrorizer tent, look at that Sunday line up..
@ Marcel: any spare places in whatever you're using to drive there?
Ozman - 27.01.2011 at 15:45
Written by kingofinsania on 27.01.2011 at 15:39

@ Marcel: any spare places in whatever you're using to drive there?

I have booked a seat on the bus with Doomstar Bookings.
Jeff - 27.01.2011 at 15:47
Written by Windrider on 27.01.2011 at 15:38

Yes, this stage is insane! (not saying that the other ones are bad of course!) BUT SHIT !
cam - 27.01.2011 at 15:50
At The Gates as one of the "suprise acts?" They'd fit pretty comfortably under Morbid Angel on Mainstage02, I think.

I'm heading back over to Europe (from Colombia) to get to a couple of festivals, but I am having a hard time deciding when due to most of the festivals not having announced many bands.

I really want to see At The Gates (thinking Tuska or Bloodstock), but I'd really love to see D.R.I. also. Decisions, decisions...
Valentin B - 27.01.2011 at 16:14
As usual, commence praise for hellfest's lineup, bashing of wacken and sonisphere UK, and whining that there are no such festivals where user currently resides
wrathchild - 27.01.2011 at 16:24
Sunday MainStage 2 = happiness
Ozman - 27.01.2011 at 16:32
Written by wrathchild on 27.01.2011 at 16:24

Sunday MainStage 2 = happiness

looking at it that would be the most boring stage of the entire weekend for me
AyΣm - 27.01.2011 at 16:44
I'm afraid some great bands would play with other ones at the same time, like Bolt Thrower and Scorpions or Coroner, or Mayhem during Rob Zombie or Morbid Angel. But this line-up is fuckin' mighty, I wanted to see Morbid Angel for years, it's incredible!!! And the Thrash Mainstage 2 during the saturday is amazing!! Thank you Hellfest!!!
Promonex - 27.01.2011 at 16:48
Bolt Thrower, Rob Zombie, Monster Magnet, The Cult, Scorpions, Apocalyptica, Ozzy Osbourne, Judas Priest, Morbid Angel, Coroner, Therion, Pain of Salvation, Mekong Delta, Municipal Waste, Klone, Krisiun, DHG, Septicflesh, Morgoth, Clutch, Corrosion of Conformity, D.R.I, The Young Gods, Hawkwind, Buzzov*en, Audrey Horne = damn few sleep!

Written by Valentin B on 27.01.2011 at 16:14

Yeah man, Wacken sucks total ass! Speaking of which, wanna camp there together again this year?
PoptartDinosaur - 27.01.2011 at 16:52
Main Stage: Mr. Big. Awwwshit.
corrupt - 27.01.2011 at 17:06
Iggy is there? That's a pretty cool one, I have to say.
Baz Anderson - 27.01.2011 at 17:25
So Cradle Of Filth are on at the same time as Ozzy? I don't think that's a good idea.
Ozman - 27.01.2011 at 17:29
Written by Baz Anderson on 27.01.2011 at 17:25

I don't see the poblem with that since they draw a different crowd.
Jeff - 27.01.2011 at 17:35
And who care about COF anyway ? lol

+ the real schedule (I'm talking about the "hours") is not done
Valentin B - 27.01.2011 at 17:40
Written by Promonex on 27.01.2011 at 16:48

yeah, why not.. i would reconsider going there, but only if i can catch Iced Earth and Judas Priest on separate headlining shows.
arj - 27.01.2011 at 18:19
Awesome lineup. Now I'm very happy I bought my tickets early. Hail Of bullets and Morbid Angels are highlights for me, but many good bands announced. Bring the summer!
Xnoybis - 27.01.2011 at 18:45
Is one of the special guests gonna be ozzy's new protege, beiber?

COC, Dwarves, Clutch - some good new announcements.

awesome to see some big names. am really happy to see Valient Thorr is getting a main-stage gig during a "regular" night. if anyone going is unsure what they want to catch at that time slot, go to the hellbar, grab a couple hellbeers, and catch VT. they are a blast and will kick off your party in proper style.
unswabbed - 27.01.2011 at 18:45
Awesome Line Up. Rob Zombie, Disturbe, Morbid Angel, Hammerfall, Iggy Pop (a legend), Cradle Of Filth, Apocalyptica. I don't regret bought my ticket early with my wife. The wait will be very long
Darkside Momo - 27.01.2011 at 18:46
Morbid Angel - Meshuggah - Hail Of Bullets - Gorguts - Morgoth - Sup

I was already happy, now even moreso.
And as always, I'll stick to mainstage 2 & Rock Hard tent.
Apart of 3-4 bands, the Terrorizer stage does nothing for me. As usual!
Vombatus - 27.01.2011 at 19:53
Just wow.....

This is dream-lineup, so much better than last year (even if HF always has incredible lineups)

And of course, I can't go this year (damn i'm retard )
Hope they will keep this level next year where my presence almost sure
White Winter Sun - 27.01.2011 at 21:46
The final line-up is simply awesome, as usual!

And I'm happy to see the addition of Morbid Angel, Destruction and Hail Of Bullets to the bunch of new names.
Lit. - 27.01.2011 at 22:35

I hate being American.
4look4rd - 28.01.2011 at 00:37
Holy shit! Main Stage two on sunday is like a collection of my favorite bands >.<
Ag Fox - 28.01.2011 at 01:53
Written by Xnoybis on 27.01.2011 at 18:45

Is one of the special guests gonna be ozzy's new protege, beiber?
I loled to hard. He would literally get slaughtered there XD

I'm still doing my final year project at that time! >: Really want to see Coroner, Bolt Thrower, Mekong Delta, SepticFlesh and Morbid Angel...
K†ulu - 28.01.2011 at 08:56
Co Ro Ner... I would go there just to see them alone, but there are so many other bands... Should be a great fest.
LeChron James - 28.01.2011 at 10:34
YAY: Kyuss, Tsjuder, most others

but...

WTF why is Comeback Kid and The Cure there?
BloodTears - 28.01.2011 at 10:46
I would love to see this: Opeth, Therion, Anathema, Pain of Salvation, Orphaned Land, Atheist, Just ddd Judas Priest from Main Stage 1 and that would be perfect!
Jeff - 28.01.2011 at 13:33
Written by LeChron James on 28.01.2011 at 10:34

YAY: Kyuss, Tsjuder, most others

but...

WTF why is Comeback Kid and The Cure there?

It's THE CULT lol
Promonex - 28.01.2011 at 14:02
Written by LeChron James on 28.01.2011 at 10:34

WTF why is Comeback Kid and The Cure there?

More importantly: why is Kvelertak NOT there?!
Jeff - 28.01.2011 at 14:55
Fucking good question Promo! haha

But I'm sure they will come one day

News Unirock Open Air Festival II - Full Lineup Announced 9 17.06.2009 by flamey
News Metal Open Air 2012 - Line-Up Announced 7.5 22.02.2012 by Rulatore
News Hellfest Open Air - Final Bands To Be Announced This Thursday 7.5 23.01.2011 by Baz Anderson
News Hellfest Open Air - One More Name Added To The Line-Up 7.5 26.02.2011 by Valentin B
News Hellfest Open Air 2014 - New Bands Announced 7.5 04.12.2013 by Derelict Earth