Only less than two weeks ago, the good news came out that the 33-year-old leukemia-stricken Behemoth frontman Nergal has been released from the hospital. But the optimism proved short lived...

According to Fakt.pl, Nergal (his hot girlfriend calls him Adam Darski), has been readmitted to the hematology division of Uniwersyteckie Centrum Kliniczne in Gdansk because he developed an infection six weeks after he underwent a bone marrow transplant procedure.

Dr. Maria Bieniaszewska, assistant professor in the Department of Hematology, was quoted as saying: "The patient was taken to hospital again because he did not take proper care of himself."

It is not presently clear if the infection will affect Nergal's adoption of the bone marrow transplant and how long he will have to remain in the hospital. In his condition, when the immune system is weakened, such infections could even be life-threatening.

According to marrow.org, most infections happen in the first 100 days after a transplant, but they remain a risk as long as the patient's immune system is weak.

In the statement Nergal issued when released from the hospital, he said: "Although the whole treatment went really good, as well as the bone marrow transplant and the post-transplant period, the next several months is the time when I must really take care of myself. Of course, I will have plenty of time to recover, think about the strategy and my return to the stage which approaches imminently. (laughs) First of all, however, I must rebuild my physical condition."

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Behemoth

Posted: 02.02.2011 by Thryce

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

RhaegarTargaryen - 03.02.2011 at 15:00
Written by ladyvailen on 03.02.2011 at 00:45

Written by Warrior_Of_Ice on 03.02.2011 at 00:38

What a total fucking asshole. most ppl dont even get a first chance at life, never mind a second chance....

dammit its not because he didnt TAKE CARE of himself , he just ate something , translate it from here if you want http://www.plotek.pl/plotek/1,111483,9035357,Dlaczego_Nergal_musial_wrocic_do_szpitala.html I dont believe it's his fault its just is what it is after b.m. transplantation things like that happen
i don't think it's that serious now, he went to hospital 1 week ago

Hopefully you are right. WE lost a lot of great people last year, we really do not want to lose Nergal to. And he's so nice with his girl, so hopefully ... in a year or so, he will be back on stage ^^
corrupt - 03.02.2011 at 17:16
Written by empty on 03.02.2011 at 14:45

bias in the bolding ov quotes. grudge much?

We're seeing this a lot here lately, not very professional to say the least.
ladyvailen - 03.02.2011 at 19:10
U know im from Poland and I dont think its serious, since his fiancee 'Doda' is still busy , working on her CD according to her website ,shes partying, didnt meet him since he went home from hospital.(and went to hospital again(?) we don't have official info about this) she said that he's 100% ok now and he's feeling good ...
otherwise she's a total bitch (she is anyway:))

But as for now, it's all ok.
Dani5050 - 04.02.2011 at 00:09
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.02.2011 at 22:14

You've got a second chance at life and you don't follow the procedures doctors tell you in order to stay alive. Someone donated bone marrow, an insanely painful procedure, and you take it for granted.

Don't get me wrong, it's hard to read through the several updates of musicians dying, but if Nergal chooses not to exercise the necessary precautions in order NOT TO DIE, then he obviously isn't looking for sympathy, and he won't get any from me.

That being said, best of luck. Stop fuckin' around and give yourself a break.

You sir are an idiot and a moron, why don't you do some research before you pass judgment for somebody you don't even know? Who gave you the power to judge another man's actions regarding his health? When did you kid yourself into thinking you are important enough to deny sympathy like it means something? This is what happens when you give a little kid like you a little power to express its worthless opinion.

Get well Adam, for your family
ladyvailen - 04.02.2011 at 01:22
Written by Dani5050 on 04.02.2011 at 00:09

Get well Adam, for your family and your child.

his child? lol
Dani5050 - 04.02.2011 at 01:32
Written by ladyvailen on 04.02.2011 at 01:22

Written by Dani5050 on 04.02.2011 at 00:09

Get well Adam, for your family and your child.

his child? lol

Well if I'm not mistaken he has a child, but I could be wrong.....

ETA. I can't find anywhere that he has a son, my bad, I'll fix it.
Troy Killjoy - 04.02.2011 at 04:40
Written by Dani5050 on 04.02.2011 at 00:09

I have the right to pass judgment on whomever I please for whatever reason I choose, thank you. Nobody gave me the power to do anything - I consciously decided to respond to an article I read on a website. And I didn't kid myself about anything. As far as I'm concerned, you're as unimportant to everyone else as I am.

Unfortunately it seems a little kid like me was given the same right as you in order to express a worthless opinion.

Regards sir,

An Idiot And A Moron.
BitterCOld - 04.02.2011 at 05:10
I am looking forward to the upcoming appearance of Nergy on House.
Aeox - 04.02.2011 at 10:13
Written by BitterCOld on 04.02.2011 at 05:10

I am looking forward to the upcoming appearance of Nergy on House.

Same here
ChibiDemigod - 05.02.2011 at 04:18
All over famous life
ladyvailen - 19.02.2011 at 01:38
He's still not taking care of himself

BreadGod - 19.02.2011 at 08:31
Written by ladyvailen on 19.02.2011 at 01:38

He's still not taking care of himself

Translation? I don't mean to be rude, but I can't read Polish.
ladyvailen - 19.02.2011 at 10:48
Use google translator o_0
Troy Killjoy - 20.02.2011 at 01:13
The most accurate translator.

Pages: 1 [2]

News Behemoth - Frontman Gives Leukemia The Finger, Released From Hospital 7.5 20.01.2011 by Vombatus
News Behemoth - Nergal Back On Stage First Time After Transplant! 7.5 12.05.2011 by psykometal
News Behemoth - Return To The Stage 6 24.04.2011 by @gent_-_orange
News Behemoth - The New Video Is Online 6 12.08.2010 by vezzy
Albums Behemoth - Chaotica - The Essence Of The Underworld [Compilation] 4.5 14.10.2010 by Krankheit