"The Follower", a brand new song from Danish metallers Mercenary, is available for streaming at the band's MySpace page.

"The Follower" comes off the band's forthcoming album, entitled Metamorphosis, which will be released in Europe on February 25 via NoiseArt Records. Also a trailer for the album can be viewed at this location. More details about Metamorphosis were previously reported over here.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Mercenary

Posted: 07.02.2011 by ArtiA

Comments

.Sound - 07.02.2011 at 23:49
Old news, posted this under the Metamorphosis album page a while ago.

The follower sounds really promising though.
Warrior_Of_Ice - 08.02.2011 at 00:56
Amazing
Timmeh - 08.02.2011 at 01:16
Hmmm, did he really just scream "lets go!"? I've only listened to 11 Dreams which I thought was great but it seems like there is some 'core' creeping in which is bad imo.
corrupt - 08.02.2011 at 10:00
Written by Timmeh on 08.02.2011 at 01:16

It's the way they've been going after 11 Dreams. The two followers to that album showed a clear direction towards hardcore. And René's vocal style supports the sound even more.
I was really disappointed when I listened to that song a few days ago. I was hoping for them to take a more aggessive turn and go for more a death metal sound. After all, half the band left. But now it seems the remainder of the band did point the direction on the previous albums more than we thought.
Fleshcrawl - 08.02.2011 at 11:47
Fuck this band, they lost out on a lot of fan support after 11 Dreams. This new material sounds god-awful.
hadriel - 08.02.2011 at 18:06
Not surprised that the new song is pretty bad. This band has been steadily declining on their last couple of releases
PrimalAntagonist - 08.02.2011 at 18:07
This clip sounds really good!.........but it could be because this is the first time i'm listening to their material and perhaps i should check their earlier material
Crazy Booduh - 08.02.2011 at 18:15
The Hours that Remain and Architect of Lies are actually my favorite Mercenary albums (more my style than Everblack or 11 Dreams), but I thought the whole point of half the band leaving was that they wanted to go to a more straight forward thrash/death direction. It doesn't look like that's the direction they're taking.

Without the Sandager brothers on vocals and keys, these guys can't pull this off nearly as well. The old drummer was also awesome.

In fact, the three guys that left were my favorites.

News Suicidal Angels - New Song And Album Trailer Online 10 19.10.2010 by SKELETOR
News Arch Enemy - New Song And Album Trailer Online 10 08.05.2011 by Deadmeat
News Blood Stain Child - New Song And Album Trailer Online 10 30.05.2011 by RafaRata
News Iron Maiden - New Album Details And Song Online 8.5 08.06.2010 by GT
News Twilight - Announce New And Final Album, New Song Online 8.5 15.01.2014 by !J.O.O.E.!

Hits total: 1921 | This month: 25