Original story:

Paul Di'Anno, best known for singing on the first two Iron Maiden albums and milking them dry for the last thirty years, has reportedly admitted in court to have falsely claimed a total of £45,000 (53,000, $72,000) from the British tax-payers money.

He was arrested last year and charged with fraud. In court on the 10th of February 2011, he was told to prepare for a jail sentence after admitting eight counts of benefit fraud. The hearing has been adjourned until March the 11th 2011 for a pre-sentence report, and has bail in the meantime.

For the period between 2002 and 2008, he claimed he had nerve damage in his back, which disabled him from being able to work. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) had an anonymous tip-off, and caught Paul out with a YouTube video of him apparently jumping around stage in 2006.

...I'm running free yeah, I'm running free...

UPDATE

Paul has been sent to jail and will serve at least four and a half months before being released on conditional bail.

While sentencing, Jane Miller QC said "Your public persona is not relevant. Your greed has cost this country a lot of money. The claims were for a long time and for a large cost. It must be a custodial sentence."

A confiscation hearing to settle payments the rocker owes to the Department of Work and Pensions will be heard at the court on June 4th 2011.

Source: dailymail.co.uk

Posted: 11.03.2011 by Baz Anderson

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

Valentin B - 11.03.2011 at 19:44
16_Wasted_Years - 11.03.2011 at 19:51
Written by Valentin B on 11.03.2011 at 19:44

Hahahaha! well put!
Valentin B - 11.03.2011 at 20:07
Written by 16_Wasted_Years on 11.03.2011 at 19:51

Hahahaha! well put!

ironically, the monopoly guy kinda looks like Paul DiAnno does nowadays, apart from the moustache.
Neuroku - 11.03.2011 at 20:48
4 and half months? is that it?
Opethian - 11.03.2011 at 21:15
What a dumb ass! Have fun in a cell you Idiot
FishStyx1 - 11.03.2011 at 21:23
Written by Neuroku on 11.03.2011 at 20:48

4 and half months? is that it?

No kidding! He deserves much more than that!!
Angelic Storm - 11.03.2011 at 21:26
Written by Neuroku on 11.03.2011 at 20:48

4 and half months? is that it?

Seeing as some in this country can get off with less (or even escape prison altogether) for GBH, attempted murder, and other even more severe offences, then that sentence is not really a surprise. Though it does seem that any crime that involves stealing money from the state (or non-payment of taxes) incurs heavier sentences (unless you're a politician!) than that for many violent and dangerous personal offences.
Bad English - 11.03.2011 at 21:36
O fuck 4 months in jail its not much, and it wont eb H Blocks anwyway, some where small time crooks , lucky criminal
Now he can sing in jail
beyondtheblack - 11.03.2011 at 21:51
"A confiscation hearing to settle payments the rocker owes to the DWP will be heard at the court on June 4." - confiscate what?!

I guess they've given him 4.5 months under the presumption the money will be paid back - but I am sure he doesn't own anything. Haven't they enquired about that?
Lit. - 11.03.2011 at 22:06
I can't imagine how many people are gonna want to make him their bitch.
Bas - 12.03.2011 at 00:15
Well that serves him right
Stalker - 12.03.2011 at 01:04
Well no wander, he was always playing a smartass...
Vitriolic Hate - 12.03.2011 at 01:53
Written by Valentin B on 11.03.2011 at 19:44

Susan - 12.03.2011 at 02:49
Hahahaha! Duuuuude
LeChron James - 12.03.2011 at 03:24
HAHAHAHHAHA "YOUR PERSONAL PERSONA IS NOT RELEVANT. GOOD DAY SIR."

that's what you get DiAnno, fuckin leech.
Dark Blood - 12.03.2011 at 04:14
4 months? lol He's gonna come out and do the same shit...
Opethian - 12.03.2011 at 06:05
Written by Lit. on 11.03.2011 at 22:06

I can't imagine how many people are gonna want to make him their bitch.

jpwiseguy - 12.03.2011 at 16:29
Man this is so shitty...I've been a big fan of Di'Anno since at least '91. I have been defending him from haters and buying his new shit from Battlezone, and Killers up through "Di'Anno", now this? What an asshole. I want my money back too.
The Shape 1973 - 12.03.2011 at 21:54
Good. I hope he gets buttfucked by a gang of black men.
marzepka87 - 12.03.2011 at 22:41
Written by The Shape 1973 on 12.03.2011 at 21:54

Good. I hope he gets buttfucked by a gang of black men.

Could not agree more, but odds are since he is a "known musician" they might put him in a isolated area away from the general public cause there's bound to be someone who would want to fuck him up. I will be waiting for an update that reads; "Paul Di'Anno involved in a violent gang rape, doctors say he will walk with a limp for rest of his wretched life without the ability to sit down"
Sepulnation - 13.03.2011 at 00:14
EPIC FAIL...
RavenKing - 13.03.2011 at 00:45
As lame as what Paul did is, comments saying "let's hope he will be fucked in jail" are even more lame. Very bad taste.
Black Conundrum - 13.03.2011 at 06:03
Four and a half months seems a bit short. That might not get through to him and he may still be doing it later on, as others have said.
Angelic Storm - 13.03.2011 at 06:30
Written by Black Conundrum on 13.03.2011 at 06:03

As I mentioned earlier, many people do not even get that sentence, or even any sentence, for even more serious crimes. The UK has a really appalling re-offending rate, and many burglaries, assaults, and murders are committed by people given early release, or who were let off from previous crimes. On many ocassions, a person will have racked up a catalogue of arrests, and previous convictions before being given any kind of custodial sentence. There is no deterrant, or fear of any real consequences for criminals. And people wonder why our society is going down the drain. *sighs*

Oh, and I agree with Ravenking. There are people who commit utterly vile acts who do not even get a prison sentence, they are more deserving of the type of treatment everyone is wishing on Paul. Though of course, Paul was an idiot for doing what he did, and it's correct that he is paying the price for that.
The Shape 1973 - 13.03.2011 at 13:58
Written by RavenKing on 13.03.2011 at 00:45

He has been fucking Iron Maiden for years, then stealing money from hard working people through benefit fraud, that is bad taste.
RavenKing - 13.03.2011 at 15:56
Written by The Shape 1973 on 13.03.2011 at 13:58

Written by RavenKing on 13.03.2011 at 00:45

If you want to play the "poor Maiden, they've been fucked by Paul Di'Anno for years" card, you're not talking to the right person.
Maiden themselves have been fucking their fans for years by releasing crappy albums, live after live to death containing mostly the same songs and compilation after compilation containing the same songs, not to mention tons and tons of useless merchandise. It is almost stealing money from hard working people who try to catch up with their releases. If you want to speak of bad taste, I could talk of Maiden for a while.

I totally agree that Paul stole money from honest people and it's not right at all so he has a debt towards society but please spare me the part about Iron Maiden.
I will surely not pity them. I pity those who are still fans of such a greedy band who milk their fans to no end.
The Shape 1973 - 13.03.2011 at 19:31
Written by RavenKing on 13.03.2011 at 15:56

Written by The Shape 1973 on 13.03.2011 at 13:58

Written by RavenKing on 13.03.2011 at 00:45

Do you like any metal whatsoever? Post after post of yours has been slagging off metal for months. If you hate all of these bands so much then why listen to them. It must make you really miserable to have to listen to stuff you don't like all day.
RavenKing - 13.03.2011 at 20:48
Written by The Shape 1973 on 13.03.2011 at 19:31

I don't listen to metal bands I don't like. I can check a few songs but that's all. Do you believe I will buy albums from those bands? No.

I like many metal bands. However, most of them don't even have a thread dedicated to them on this board.
And nearly half the bands I'm listening to are not active anymore.

Also, if you don't like my comments, all you need is to use the ignore function. I have nothing to do with your complaints.
Sorry if some people don't like every crap released on the market, only because it is labeled as Metal.

Pages: 1 [2]

News Paul Di'Anno - Announces Retirement And Farewell Tour 4 10.07.2012 by flamesoficarus
News Paul Di'Anno - US Tour Cancelled 4 30.07.2013 by cossaisVendeurs
News Paul Di'Anno - Launches New Band 4 27.08.2014 by BynersA7X
News Paul Di'Anno - Release Clip From Upcoming DVD 4 07.09.2014 by slayerules
News Paul Di'Anno - 'Running Free' Clip From New DVD Online 4 Today by Mountain King