This May, UK-based John Blake Publishing will release Iron Maiden: In The Studio by music biographer Jake Brown (Motörhead, Heart, Rick Rubin, Tracii Guns).

Spanning the band's entire 30 year catalog, the writing and recording of such classic albums as Number Of The Beast, Piece Of Mind, Brave New World and The Final Frontier, and hits as "2 Minutes to Midnight", "Wasted Years", "Can I Play with Madnesss", "Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter", "The Wicker Man", "The Trooper", "Run To The Hills", "Powerslave" and "Hallowed Be Thy Name" among countless others is chronicled.

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden

Posted: 19.02.2011 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

worm_is_gloaming - 19.02.2011 at 22:48
Very cool! Will get this.
RavenKing - 19.02.2011 at 22:55
Another pointless cash grab. Typical from them since Dickinson's comeback. They're out of ideas as to what they could invent next to make money, really.
@gent_-_orange - 20.02.2011 at 01:11
Written by RavenKing on 19.02.2011 at 22:55

Unfortunatley i agree : ( the amount of Live albums, DVD's, Best of compilations etc is ridiculous for one band. I love Maiden but wont be getting this.
mikeprado30 - 20.02.2011 at 03:24
Written by RavenKing on 19.02.2011 at 22:55

At least I just hope the contents will be worth (not like the TRULY POINTLESS Somewhere Back In Time compilation, filled with stuff that almost each Maiden fan has already... )
RavenKing - 20.02.2011 at 03:47
Written by mikeprado30 on 20.02.2011 at 03:24

And most likely they already have 5 live versions of the songs and the studio version on 3 other compilations. You know, they should consider the possibility of changing their name for Iron Milkdem (milk them). lol
ANGEL REAPER - 20.02.2011 at 04:15
@ RavenKing its never enough milking
They have a 757 to pay off ....
Troy Killjoy - 20.02.2011 at 04:58
How about actually releasing a good album instead of junk like this? Most bands would just include these stories as a bonus DVD included with the CD or even in the liner notes of each CD they release.

An entire book though? Like an actual novel? I understand Brown's also at fault... but come on. What a waste of time, and as RavenKing already mentioned, just another pointless cash-grab.
Kalmari - 20.02.2011 at 12:31
You guys are forgetting that it's the label which releases this stuff, not the band. And imo all their live albums in 2000's are great quality, if you don't want them don't buy them lol. But let other people enjoy them who do
RavenKing - 20.02.2011 at 14:43
Written by Kalmari on 20.02.2011 at 12:31

Are you so naive? A band as famous as Iron Maiden have their word to say in everything. If pointless crap is released, it's because they're pleased with it.
If there's a band who have the power to decide what they want and don't want, it's precisely Iron Maiden.
RavenKing - 20.02.2011 at 14:49
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.02.2011 at 04:58

How about actually releasing a good album instead of junk like this?

Kalmari - 20.02.2011 at 14:54
Written by RavenKing on 20.02.2011 at 14:43

Written by Kalmari on 20.02.2011 at 12:31

Labels have a lot of power on band products, but you might be right. Maiden has always stood for their rights to their own catalog & trademark which is respectable. But actually it's been speculated if this release is even official, certainly the front cover doesn't look so..
But anyways, what is wrong if it even is a release accepted by them? You don't have to buy it but other people can enjoy it if they want to. I'm quite skeptical that this release has affected their album/tour processes negatively, the author has done it using interviews done for those albums.
Kalmari - 20.02.2011 at 15:01
Written by RavenKing on 20.02.2011 at 14:49

Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.02.2011 at 04:58

How about actually releasing a good album instead of junk like this?

Maiden can do good albums. Why else would 15 of my friends and thousands of people in last.fm listen to The Final Frontier daily and enjoy doing that? Isn't good music music that entertains people, gives them enjoyment?
Opinions are opinions, you can say that you don't like the new stuff but you can't also held your opinion as the only "right one". Imo maiden has released some of their best material in the 2000's, when I listen to songs like Blood Brothers, Dance Of Death, The Legacy and When The Wild Wind Blows I'm taken to a musical journey that only Maiden can create don't get me wrong, I love a bunch of other bands but Maiden has always had their personal touch (and never lost it imo).
RavenKing - 20.02.2011 at 15:06
Written by Kalmari on 20.02.2011 at 15:01

I will end this by simply saying that, Imo, Maiden is one of the most excrutiatingly boring band out there these days.
Kalmari - 20.02.2011 at 15:08
Written by RavenKing on 20.02.2011 at 15:06

Written by Kalmari on 20.02.2011 at 15:01

Ok, good to know
arwestromen - 20.02.2011 at 17:35
Written by RavenKing on 20.02.2011 at 15:06

The club of "Who gives a fuck" thank you for your opinion
Numbchucks - 20.02.2011 at 19:30
Fuck that, I'm buying this book!
RavenKing - 20.02.2011 at 20:04
Written by arwestromen on 20.02.2011 at 17:35

Written by RavenKing on 20.02.2011 at 15:06

The club of "Who gives a fuck" thank you for your opinion

And the club of "put yours up your ass" returns the favor.
arwestromen - 21.02.2011 at 00:53
Written by RavenKing on 20.02.2011 at 20:04

Written by arwestromen on 20.02.2011 at 17:35

Written by RavenKing on 20.02.2011 at 15:06

The club of "Who gives a fuck" thank you for your opinion

And the club of "put yours up your ass" returns the favor.

LOL Buy you a beer!!
RavenKing - 21.02.2011 at 02:01
Written by arwestromen on 21.02.2011 at 00:53

Written by RavenKing on 20.02.2011 at 20:04

Written by arwestromen on 20.02.2011 at 17:35

Written by RavenKing on 20.02.2011 at 15:06

The club of "Who gives a fuck" thank you for your opinion

And the club of "put yours up your ass" returns the favor.

LOL Buy you a beer!!

Fuck all blind Maiden fanboys
Kallis Helmi - 21.02.2011 at 02:14
RavenKing: get a life! if you don't like Maiden why are you write here that much? ...
Soviet - 21.02.2011 at 02:37
Written by RavenKing on 20.02.2011 at 15:06

Written by Kalmari on 20.02.2011 at 15:01

Yeah, they're the most boring band because they have hundreds of millions of fans......You have your own opinion, stop trashing one of the greatest bands of all time just because you don't like them. Losing their touch is bs.., their lyrics and themes are amzing as of 2000. If you want to talk about bands who have lost their touch, go talk about metallica.
Like what the fuck man....your so arrogant.
Kallis Helmi - 21.02.2011 at 03:36
Metalicious: 100% agreed.
Daggon - 21.02.2011 at 05:35
This could be interesting.
Powerslavex - 21.02.2011 at 11:30
Written by RavenKing on 21.02.2011 at 02:01

Written by arwestromen on 21.02.2011 at 00:53

Written by RavenKing on 20.02.2011 at 20:04

Written by arwestromen on 20.02.2011 at 17:35

Written by RavenKing on 20.02.2011 at 15:06

The club of "Who gives a fuck" thank you for your opinion

And the club of "put yours up your ass" returns the favor.

LOL Buy you a beer!!

Fuck all blind Maiden fanboys

i just cant understand what wrong if someone follows a band and enjoys all their releases, as a fan i would love to buy the book i always wanted to know whats behind every album, so please stop with this fanboy crap its getting a bit pathetic
Fat & Sassy! - 21.02.2011 at 22:38
Jesus-fucking-Christ. It's amazing how much bitching can come out of the release of a book about a band. -_-
Culty - 21.02.2011 at 22:56
I just love how the post refers to The Final Frontier as classic. A decent album, but hardly a classic.
JCJen7 - 26.05.2011 at 02:04
Written by Soviet on 21.02.2011 at 02:37

Written by RavenKing on 20.02.2011 at 15:06

Written by Kalmari on 20.02.2011 at 15:01

Like what the fuck man....your so arrogant.

Death Magnetic > Final Frontier IMO.

Metallica has millions of fans as well, so you have your own opinion. However, HE wasn't trash talking anybody, he obviously said imo.
Like, what the fuck man....you're actually the arrogant one.
Soviet - 28.05.2011 at 02:05
Written by JCJen7 on 26.05.2011 at 02:04

Written by Soviet on 21.02.2011 at 02:37

Written by RavenKing on 20.02.2011 at 15:06

Written by Kalmari on 20.02.2011 at 15:01

Like what the fuck man....your so arrogant.

Death Magnetic > Final Frontier IMO.

Like, what the fuck man....you're actually the arrogant one.

By saying :

"fuck all blind maiden fanboys", "Releasing a good album is something Maiden can't do because they lost their creativity many years ago.
You can't write great songs without any inspiration. All you can do is the bland and derivative stuff this band release since "Brave New World" or pure shit like in the Blaze era.",

etc, etc is being arrogant. he didn't say IMO untill after all that crap... He came here, trashed them, then said IMO iron maiden s boring afterwards....^ and is it really necessary to post all that stuff on here anyways? No

My bad for bringing metallica into this.
RavenKing - 29.05.2011 at 20:51
Written by JCJen7 on 26.05.2011 at 02:04

Death Magnetic > Final Frontier IMO.

Agreed. I like all Maiden albums until SSOASS and consider them as classics, while I never liked Metallica at all. However, if I have to compare Death Magnetic to The Final Frontier, I think Metallica definitely put out a better album.
Void Eater - 29.05.2011 at 22:42
I thought that, in the First Ten Years EP's, Nicko McBrian gave had a ten minute segment on each release describing the details of the recording of the albums. This just screams cash grab. And wasn't Flight 666 a documentary? In addition to plenty of other documentary's/videos throughout their career. Whatever, hope you like your money Maiden.

News Iron Maiden - Hint At Return To The Studio 9 18.12.2014 by Cynic Metalhead
News Iron Maiden - Flight 666 The Movie 7.5 23.01.2009 by LeChron James
General metal forum Iron Maiden Gets Own Ale " The Trooper" 6 13.03.2013 by khakny
Reviews Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death 6 19.12.2006 by