French metallers Blut Aus Nord will release their new album, 777 - Sect(s), on April 18 (April 19 in North America) via Debemur Morti Productions. The album was recorded, mixed and mastered at Earthsound Studio. The artwork was created by Chilean artist Daniel Valencia from Fenomeno Design and can be viewed below:

777 - Sect(s) tracklist:

01. Epitome 1
02. Epitome 2
03. Epitome 3
04. Epitome 4
05. Epitome 5
06. Epitome 6

The album will be available in a 6-panel digipack CD and noble 12" LP. The CD can be pre-ordered at this location. Customers who avail of the pre-order option will qualify for free postage worldwide.

Source: debemur-morti.com
Band profile: Blut Aus Nord

Posted: 22.02.2011 by White Winter Sun

Comments

!J.O.O.E.! - 22.02.2011 at 20:14
Best news ever.
Kenos - 22.02.2011 at 20:15
Wow... This comes unexpected. It'll be surely one of my favourites of this year! And wonderful cover art, btw.
ImperialTroll - 22.02.2011 at 20:19
Awesome news! can't wait!
Zuzuz0r - 22.02.2011 at 20:28
Yes, looking forward to this.
Mikyz - 22.02.2011 at 20:34
Psyched. I doubt this will disappoint me. Je m'en lèche les babines. XD
Derelict Earth - 22.02.2011 at 20:40
Holy shit ! Awesome !
Black Conundrum - 22.02.2011 at 21:03
Seriously, the artwork that Valencia applied here is rather spectacular.
!J.O.O.E.! - 22.02.2011 at 21:11
I also can't see how this will dissapoint. Then again this is possibly the most hyped thing in the history of my music taste. The promise of more music dedicated to Blut aus Nord's industrial style ala, Thematic et al is almost too much to bear.
MechanisT - 22.02.2011 at 21:31
What a bloody artwork! If there ever was an epicly esoteric piece of art embracing the cover of an album, this has to be it.
Troy Killjoy - 22.02.2011 at 22:05
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 22.02.2011 at 21:11

So it's going to be more industrial, less atmospheric black metal? I wanted a continuation of Memoria Vetusta!
!J.O.O.E.! - 22.02.2011 at 22:08
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.02.2011 at 22:05

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 22.02.2011 at 21:11

Nope =P from what I've read it'll be very industrial orientated. I think I read it'll be more of a continuation of the the sound from The Work... record but I have a feeling with a more pronounced industrial tone like Thematic.

I personally hope they never release anything like MV:II again, sorry. It's a pleasing listen but it's outdated and way beneath the Nord's creative and experimental abilities. They're best when they're fucking with people's minds.

On different note I love the cover art but I don't like the religious iconography. It's an area I hope BaN never tackle with too much seriousness, I'd rather they stick to more esoteric themes and leave all that crap to Deathspell and the thousands of others. Maybe I'm just seeing a cross and making too much from it. I suppose they mention God quite a few times in their song and album titles though...
Troy Killjoy - 22.02.2011 at 22:14
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 22.02.2011 at 22:08

Hm, I don't think I'll get my hopes up for this if that's the case. I find their industrial moments utterly boring and almost completely off-putting, in a way that makes me just sit and stare at my Zune and think...they're actually happy with this?

But obviously this is just a matter of differing opinions - I like their atmospheric black metal, you like their industrial work. I don't think the band could care less about either of our personal tastes - they'll just write whatever the fuck they want.
MechanisT - 22.02.2011 at 22:15
I just noticed, are they going to release three albums this year? If so, this is unprecedented...
!J.O.O.E.! - 22.02.2011 at 22:17
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.02.2011 at 22:14

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 22.02.2011 at 22:08

Yep, they're great at both sides, just their darker side appeals to me more because it's quite unique. Anyway the description of the new one is as follows:

777 - Sects(s) is an organic, cascading volume of deviant, dark art that exhibits Blut Aus Nord's natural habitat, a cleansing blade amid transitory moments of non-importance. Hypnotic guitars, discomforting beats and alienating voices clash with the ferocity of aural tectonic plates to produce horrific Black Metal decadence for an anonymous, lost, irrelevant generation.

Make of that what you will =3

Actually it's probably the most pretentious description of anything ever.
Troy Killjoy - 22.02.2011 at 23:04
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 22.02.2011 at 22:17

Actually it's probably the most pretentious description of anything ever.

Definitely.
Kenos - 22.02.2011 at 23:24
Written by MechanisT on 22.02.2011 at 22:15

Hey wait a minute, you're right. There are three new forthcoming releases (Sept(s), The Desanctification, Cosmosophy) in the database. Am I going to have a triple orgasm then?
MechanisT - 22.02.2011 at 23:26
Definitely looks like it.
LeChron James - 23.02.2011 at 03:04
HEllllllllll yeah! Getting this for sure.
Don_Doom - 24.02.2011 at 07:20
The cover art is really good!!
Jiri - 24.02.2011 at 08:27
Very creative tracklist! I never would have gussed Epitome 6 would be track six! They sure fooled me!
Destructo - 24.02.2011 at 13:33
"777 - Sects(s) is an organic, cascading volume of deviant, dark art that exhibits Blut Aus Nord's natural habitat, a cleansing blade amid transitory moments of non-importance."

Why must Black Metal bands always talk in such cliches and riddles ??
Just say - the new album is gonna kick ur arse !!! We're gonna buy it anyway !!!
necrovamp - 24.02.2011 at 16:19
The most imaginative song titles ever in music history.
Aethelthryth - 25.02.2011 at 22:29
A new one on the way already when it only feels like yesterday they released there one, it already seems like they're going in a different direction sound wise if the artwork and titles are anything to go by but we'll see.
DyingInSin - 24.03.2011 at 10:22
The album and overall impression is brilliant, artwork is amazing too...happy for this new release...

News Blut Aus Nord - New Album Details 12.5 23.08.2006 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Blut Aus Nord - New Album Details Revealed 12 06.09.2011 by
News Blut Aus Nord - New Album Streaming Online 11 09.11.2011 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Blut Aus Nord - New Album Artwork Revealed 10.5 04.07.2012 by
News Blut Aus Nord - New Album Tracklist Announced 10.5 06.04.2008 by LeChron James