Earlier this week the word got out that Extreme Noise Terror vocalist Phil Vane passed away at the age of 46.

The founding co-vocalist of the British crust punk/grindcore band reportedly passed away last Thursday already (February 17th). Although no official cause of death has yet been released, it is rumored he died in his sleep.

The surviving members of Extreme Noise Terror released the following statement regarding Vane's passing: "The rumors are true. We're sorry to announce that Phil passed away recently. The band will make a full statement soon but for now we need to take the time to come to terms with this terrible loss."

[Also thanks to Bad English for the scoop!]

Source: extremenoiseterror.co.uk
Band profile: Extreme Noise Terror

Posted: 25.02.2011 by Bigpaul

Comments

Black Conundrum - 25.02.2011 at 21:10
Dang, what an unfortunate loss; it seemed to be rather unexpected. I just started listening to this band; rest in peace Phil Vane.
silenius - 25.02.2011 at 22:15
Fo shame!, fucking shit crap anus rape penis.
Bastard Child - 26.02.2011 at 00:46
R.I.P. Awesome vocalist.
Bad English - 02.02.2014 at 23:21
Maybe this is not best place to ask in the old news but MA says ex band guitarist Pete Hurley
passeds away (and I have tryd edd RIP news in MA in one my orgin country band, they asked me a source)
I ant find any official source, not even weird source only MA RIP news, is it true he died, maybe you guys can find anytjhing what is good for MS news and mussican profile eddit?
Troy Killjoy - 02.02.2014 at 23:49
Written by Bad English on 02.02.2014 at 23:21

Couldn't find anything, although I only spent about 5 minutes looking. Either an editor at MA knows something Google doesn't or - yet again - this is an example of inaccuracies in their database.
Bad English - 03.02.2014 at 00:01
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.02.2014 at 23:49

Written by Bad English on 02.02.2014 at 23:21

I did 10 yesterday when news was out and 2X15 today ... I submit Livi member RIP news in MA (good source , same news I used to post at MS) MA asked me source ... I gave, but this , .......... well another example, unless it was band member who eddit http://www.metal-archives.com/users/BlackDuddi and this seems who submit, http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Alhadis
But i dont think they have something to do whit band .......so

Reviews Extreme Noise Terror - Being And Nothing 6 04.01.2012 by ScreamingSteelUS
Albums Extreme Noise Terror - Retro-Bution 6 03.09.2013 by Boxcar Willy
News Seraphim - Former Vocalist Passed Away 5.5 03.08.2011 by Carl Berg
News Beheading Of A King - Vocalist Passed Away 5.5 03.02.2011 by Windrider
News Holy Terror - Former Vocalist Passes Away 5.5 17.12.2012 by Lit.