Keith Fay, frontman of Irish folk metal band Cruachan, was seriously assaulted by a large group of young men in Dublin in the early hours of Sunday, February 20th.

Says Keith: "While leaving a nightclub with my brother, sister and a friend, a gang of about 15 men in their early 20's began to verbally abuse my sister and my friend. I shouted back at one of them telling him that is my sister and to leave her alone. I was then hit over the head with an iron bar and knocked unconscious. They all started kicking me while I was on the ground. My sister was thrown to the ground also and had her arm broken. When I came to, they had run off, the whole thing only lasted a minute or two.

This was on Dame Street in Dublin city centre, a very crowded area at that time of night. A lot of bystanders came to help also which scared the scumbags off. I was stabbed in the face, had my ribs broken and bruised all over."

In other news, the new Cruachan video "I Am Warrior" can now be watched below.

"I Am Warrior" comes off the band's upcoming new album Blood On The Black Robe, which will be released on April 18th through Candlelight Records.

Two short album samples were previously posted here and here.

Source: truecultheavymetal.com
Band profile: Cruachan

Posted: 04.03.2011 by Thryce

Comments

MechanisT - 04.03.2011 at 16:55
Those b******s! Have they got no self-respect? These wastes of sperm and eggs who've got no respect for women should be beaten to within an inch of their lives! If I had a shotgun right now...
Lokaeda - 04.03.2011 at 16:57
Love how the name of the song matches the 1st news
SlaytanicGonzo - 04.03.2011 at 17:06
You have to be such a coward, for 15 men to attack ONE GUY.

BTW, Anyone else thought the title suggested there was a video of the assault?
Jiri - 04.03.2011 at 17:14
Jesus. I wonder if they had any idea they assaulted a prominant underground musician. Jesus.
Richard - 04.03.2011 at 17:19
Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 04.03.2011 at 17:06

You have to be such a coward, for 15 men to attack ONE GUY.

BTW, Anyone else thought the title suggested there was a video of the assault?

Yeah, the wording of the title is rather unfortunate...
BitterCOld - 04.03.2011 at 18:01
It does say "new music" prior to video... unless it got changed.
Thryce - 04.03.2011 at 18:05
Written by BitterCOld on 04.03.2011 at 18:01

It does say "new music" prior to video... unless it got changed.

It got changed after my naive belief the average metalstormer mastered the basics of reading was proven wrong.
Troy Killjoy - 04.03.2011 at 18:10
Written by Thryce on 04.03.2011 at 18:05

Written by BitterCOld on 04.03.2011 at 18:01

It does say "new music" prior to video... unless it got changed.

Pétur - 04.03.2011 at 18:14
If I remember correctly in the past the same happened with his brother. What bad luck=/ The song is nothing special but decent.
Hrevelax - 04.03.2011 at 18:36
Wow, that sucks. Hope they all recover well. I've been in a similar situation ( not as severe) and it kind left a bad mark on me. And to those assholes that did it, their miserable little existence isn't punishment enough. You have to be a real piece of shit to do something like that.
malaikat - 04.03.2011 at 20:25
Oh those crazy Irish folk!
Drunken Master - 04.03.2011 at 21:15
I wanna hit the douche that was waving the sword at 2:15.
Sulac - 04.03.2011 at 21:16
Bastards!
Stalker - 04.03.2011 at 21:43
What the fuck...? Bunch of idiots... Though it sounds like it was premeditated...
Lit. - 04.03.2011 at 21:55
Think of it this way: 15 men and he still didn't die.
Glad it wasn't anything serious. Hope he get well.
Dark Blood - 04.03.2011 at 22:11
Fuck... What the hell. I'd love to see them doing that when they're alone, one by one... bunch of lowlife dickheads. I hope he and his sis get well soon.
The song is nice btw.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 04.03.2011 at 22:20
I feel for him and even though I havent listened to Cruachan it dosen't matter as I was attacked by group of lowlife scumbag peices of maggot shit last week and was trying to fend the best I could out of it. I can't even remember my walking home only to look in the mirror at my face all marked and scratched, fractured with my incisors broken and blood everywhere and my iPod and Mobile nicked.....

I feel greatly sorry for him.
nilzardo - 04.03.2011 at 22:52
Stabbed in the face? Aww damn.
Vitriolic Hate - 05.03.2011 at 01:34
Written by Sulac on 04.03.2011 at 21:16

Bastards!

Richard - 05.03.2011 at 04:31
Written by Thryce on 04.03.2011 at 18:05

Written by BitterCOld on 04.03.2011 at 18:01

It does say "new music" prior to video... unless it got changed.

The original title blatantly suggested that the video referred to the incident itself, due to the way it was worded. Please don't patronise "the average Metal Stormer", and certainly not people who speak English as their first language...
Maudraum - 05.03.2011 at 04:51
I hate to toot my horn here but it would be a VERY fatal mistake for such cowards to try that shit with me in Ireland (where I've been or anywhere for that matter) - especially if my (half-) sister was present! Oh, boyo. Some people you simply leave the fuck be! Don't worry because karma will find those shitbags being served theirs. Be it in Brooklyn or Dublin, you fuck up and that's your ass.
athena - 05.03.2011 at 05:03
The video was great!!! A classic of the new age!!!! That other news sucks, though...
MechanisT - 05.03.2011 at 10:28
Written by Maudraum on 05.03.2011 at 04:51

Chuck Norris will be so proud of you, son.
Maudraum - 05.03.2011 at 12:51
Chuck ain't got shit to do with it, kid. Oh, and those "jokes" about him, they're not even remotely funny. They're just sad.
Elodie Artour - 05.03.2011 at 13:18
Damn bastards! The guy seems to be seriously injured.
Justicelust - 06.03.2011 at 16:09
How those bastards dare to attack him! I wonder if they new he is a metal musician or not.
Black Conundrum - 07.03.2011 at 04:01
Screw the freaking idiots that banged up his sister and him like that. They do need severe punishments for their cowardly acts, and hopefully Keith Fay and his sister are going to turn out all right soon. A group of 15 or so men against a man and a woman like that is pitiful. Also, I will have to check out the song posted, because I respect this band and their music.

News Guillotine - Video Online, New Album Out Soon 5.5 17.10.2008 by Black Conundrum
News A Million Dead Birds Laughing - New Video Streaming Online 5.5 25.07.2012 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Kissin' Dynamite - New Video Online 5.5 13.10.2012 by Bad English