Enslaved - who recently took home a Metal Storm Award for Best Black Metal Album - have won the "Best Metal Album" category at the 2010 Norwegian Spellemannsprisen for their most recent Axioma Ethica Odini.

The 39th annual Spellemann Awards (the Norwegian equivalent of the US Grammy Awards) were held last night, Saturday March 5th, at the Spektrum in Oslo, Norway.

The other nominees were Shining [NOR] - Blackjazz, Ihsahn - After and Solefald - Norrøn Livskunst.

This was the sixth time Enslaved got nominated for this prestigious music award. The band has been awarded a Spellemann for their previous three studio albums, Vertebrae (2008), Ruun (2006) and Isa (2004).

Kvelertak were awarded a Spellemann for "Best Rock Album" and "Best Newcomer".

Source: spellemann.no
Band profile: Enslaved

Posted: 06.03.2011 by Thryce

Comments

ErnilEnNaur - 06.03.2011 at 12:42
A well deserved award. Not only is Axioma Ethica Odini a superb metal album overall, but it is one of those rare albums that can actually get people into genres, which is what it did for me. To create an album that is so impressive it sparks an interest in the genre which it represents, is something that most bands cannot do.
morsus - 06.03.2011 at 13:11
Written by Guest on 06.03.2011 at 12:42

I cant agree more!
neonxaos - 06.03.2011 at 18:16
Album is superb. It took me a few listens to see why, but that just made the discovery all the more interesting.
Vitriolic Hate - 06.03.2011 at 22:38
They deserved this!
Daydream Nation - 07.03.2011 at 05:33
I disagree. It was the worst of the four nominated, in my honest opinion. Metal is about breaking boundaries, in my opinion, and the other three albums were absolute killers. Ihsahn's Undercurrent---WOW what a track. Solefald, what can I say. And Shining [NOR], my personal favourite, is practically undefinable. Industrial, jazz improvization, trance, dubstep, violins, a coherent concept and an absolutely incredible King Crimson cover FEATURING an Enslaved member...hard to see how that wasn't the best metal album for them.
But I'll live.
Sworn - 07.03.2011 at 06:12
Yes sir! well deserved award. Axioma Ethica Odini is one of the best albums I've heard in my whole life.
neonxaos - 07.03.2011 at 10:10
I agree about Shining - but perhaps they were simply too wild for the judges.
Skøllgrim - 07.03.2011 at 13:44
The fanboy in me thinks its a shame Solefald didn't win, but the big man in me congratulates Enslaved on their victory
Night Sight - 18.03.2011 at 09:57
It is very catchy album

News Enslaved - Win Spellemann Metal Award 10.5 29.01.2009 by xska
General metal forum What's been the best year for metal in the 2000s? 7.5 19.05.2009 by MeloDeathViking
News Metallica - Win Award For Best 3D Documentary 7 31.01.2014 by Silent Jay
News Halestorm - Win Grammy For Best Hard Rock / Metal Performance 7 11.02.2013 by Bad English
News Black Sabbath - Win Grammy For Best Metal Performance 7 27.01.2014 by JohnDoe