"Illuminoid Dream Sequence", a brand-new track from Swedish melodic death metal band Scar Symmetry, has been made available for streaming over at this location.

"Illuminoid Dream Sequence" comes off the band's upcoming new album The Unseen Empire, which will be released on April 15th through Nuclear Blast Records.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Scar Symmetry

Posted: 08.03.2011 by Kriegsphilosoph

Comments

Angelic Storm - 08.03.2011 at 10:49
Lars' cleans sound very different on this song to any of the songs on the last album. It sounded like on that album he was trying to imitate Christian a bit. lol I can't help feeling the clean sections in the new song would sound better with Christian, but that's really all I can find to complain about! This song is great, and Im really looking forward to the album now.
Kamil - 08.03.2011 at 11:01
Great song, great instrumental section and great vocals.
This is going to be the most technical album since HU and the most progressive in their discography.
MechanisT - 08.03.2011 at 12:28
First Impression: Well. what do you know, Sounds better than expected, thank the Builder!
The clean vocals are too static for my tastes, but the songwritings way better than whan I expected. Provided they've got the usual heavier songs in their catalogue, this could mean redemption for SS. Stoked!
Edit: Feeling a little down right now. Looks like this year is going to be KICK@$$ for Melodeath. If only In Flames would make a complete U-turn and present us with an ear-melting album that would remind me of their glory days, this year could actually be one of the best years ever for me.
Kuroboshi - 08.03.2011 at 13:03
Fuck yeah! They sound much better, the vocalists.
My first impression is that we might be in for the best SS LP so far. That riff at the start is just brain-melting.
Angelic Storm - 08.03.2011 at 13:16
Written by Kamil on 08.03.2011 at 11:01

Great song, great instrumental section and great vocals.

The new song is very technical, the songwriting is just phenomenal! Maybe there will be some more straightforward heavy/catchy songs on the new album as well, (which wouldn't be unwelcome lol) but "Illuminoid Dream Sequence" defintely shows off the band's progressive skills amazingly. Certainly, if this is an indicator of the album's overall quality, it's going to be classic Scar Symmetry, even with no Christian.
Kamil - 08.03.2011 at 14:04
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.03.2011 at 13:16

Written by Kamil on 08.03.2011 at 11:01

Great song, great instrumental section and great vocals.

I think, that they've just had much more time to make better and more diverse compositions than 2 years ago.
New album will be definately some new direction in their music.
Mikyz - 08.03.2011 at 14:34
The new song has top notch songwriting, but I still can't keep myself from noticing that it would sound much better with Christian Alvestam on vocals. It looks like it's going to be better than their last release which I didn't really care for.
Mixhell - 08.03.2011 at 15:24
I really don't like the clean vocals. This song sounds better than previous songs with this line-up.
Strong solos, great growl by Roberth Karlsson. It will better if Lars Palmqvist quits the band
Kamil - 08.03.2011 at 15:34
I disagree with this. Clean vocals are alright and you just need to forget about Christian.
Kennoth - 08.03.2011 at 16:00
It has a potential. Maybe they finally switched focus to the more progressive and melodic elements that were the most innovative aspects of first three albums. Christian will be missed, but they can do without, as long as they remember what made them a unique band.
!J.O.O.E.! - 08.03.2011 at 16:28
Written by Mikyz on 08.03.2011 at 14:34

Chugga-chug-chug-chug (in the same note) is good songwriting? o.O

Also, the clean vocals seem to suffer from the same problem as the guy from Sybreed where they're unintelligible, almost like a deaf person singing...
J. N. - 08.03.2011 at 17:16
I look forward to this album.
SebastianErikKristen - 08.03.2011 at 17:43
Didnt really enjoy the song, the intro was friggin epic but then they kinda lost it, unfortunately :/
Mikyz - 08.03.2011 at 19:15
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 08.03.2011 at 16:28

Written by Mikyz on 08.03.2011 at 14:34

Chugga-chug-chug-chug (in the same note) is good songwriting? o.O

Well yeah, I enjoyed the opening riff and progression at the beginning of the song, the rest though not so much, but still compared with their previous album it's still a step forward. And as I said the vocalist is a couple of levels under Christian, both clean and harsh vocals.
His Eminence - 08.03.2011 at 19:28
It's a pretty decent song. I'm not that impressed but I'll wait for the entire album to come out.
!J.O.O.E.! - 08.03.2011 at 19:41
Written by Mikyz on 08.03.2011 at 19:15

I haven't listened to them beyond the second album. I used to quite like them as they had a nice easy, instant gratification quality but yeah, melodic death is a bit of a difficult genre to please with these days. Older vocals are definitely better.
Dark Blood - 08.03.2011 at 20:23
Very nice song indeed. This band in general never really got my attention, but I like this song.
Vitriolic Hate - 08.03.2011 at 21:04
Written by Kennoth on 08.03.2011 at 16:00

Agreed.
INÆRIS - 08.03.2011 at 21:19
The guitars are wonderful as usual, but it sounds really light-hearted to me for some reason, especially the chorus. Not bad though. I'm curious about the rest of the record.
BaneConall - 08.03.2011 at 22:51
This song is actually great. It made me go back and listen to the previous record. I'm actually starting to get used to not having Christian in this band.
Justicelust - 09.03.2011 at 00:02
Not bad at all, better than their last crappy album
elseif - 09.03.2011 at 00:45
Good song!
Locke - 09.03.2011 at 08:28
Kick ass track. Looking forward to this record.

And sure it might sound better with Alvestam but honestly, what wouldn't? He's doing great work in other groups, and recording prolifically so I'm satisfied on both the Scar Symmetry and Alvestam solo fronts.
MetalSpider - 09.03.2011 at 20:01
I like the new song quite a bit actually! The clean vocals aren't the greatest but everything else sounds good to me. Can't wait to hear the new album.
BloodTears - 10.03.2011 at 17:33
It seems interesting. Can't say much more right now, I'm not that familiar with the band either.
Darth Mitchell - 12.03.2011 at 14:32
Written by BloodTears on 10.03.2011 at 17:33

If you think this is good you should listen to their first 3 albums:
- Symmetric in Design
- Pitch Black Progress
- Holographic Universe
Darth Mitchell - 12.03.2011 at 14:35
Written by BaneConall on 08.03.2011 at 22:51

Did the same thing. Their last album is good, but still could have been better with Christian. To me SS IS Christian, but with this album I think I will give the rest of the band another change to prove they can make good music without Christian.
BloodTears - 12.03.2011 at 14:41
Written by Darth Mitchell on 12.03.2011 at 14:32

Written by BloodTears on 10.03.2011 at 17:33

If you think this is good you should listen to their first 3 albums:
- Symmetric in Design
- Pitch Black Progress
- Holographic Universe

I've been wanting to explore this band for a while now, but it just hasn't happened yet. But I will though

Thanks for your suggestions btw.
Westvann - 13.03.2011 at 21:51
I actually think this is one of the weakest song on the new album, nuclear blast gave away the song free at there webpage so this is definitely NOT the single of the album. if there is more songs like this just better i think this could be the best record of the year IMO

News Scar Symmetry - Another New Song Online 11 08.04.2011 by Angelic Storm