Official press release

Denmark's Anubis Gate has inked a deal with Nightmare Records. The band has also parted ways with singer Jacob Hansen replaced him with Henrik Fevre.

Commented the group: "Nightmare Records is a label that we have had our eyes on for some time, but due to contractual obligations with our old label we haven't been able to join them before now. Needless to say, we are very excited about signing with Nightmare who we feel is the perfect home for our music. With a record label that really loves music (and those are few and far in-between) the future for Anubis Gate looks brighter than ever."

On the topic of the singer switch, Anubis Gate said, "With Jacob's ever-more-demanding schedule as a first-class producer, Jacob found it hard to have the time and keep his heart in the band. We fully respect his decision and reasons to leave and want to thank Jacob for being with us for an amazing couple of albums. We are still very good friends and Jacob is still involved in shaping the new album in his capacity as the best producer in metal. We wish Jacob nothing but the best in his future career. Anubis Gate has always been blessed with great singers. The decision to have Henrik take over vocal duties is a natural one for us. Henrik is the one that for a big part shaped the vocal melodies and lyrics of Anubis Gate and when Torben had to bow out of the gigs we did in support of A Perfect Forever it was Henrik who sang those gigs. Henrik has also had several songs on our albums where he performed lead vocals. Most notably "Take Me Home" on the Andromeda Unchained album. So we knew beforehand it would work out great, which it certainly has."

President and founder of Nightmare Records Lance King had the following to say about working with Anubis Gate: "Being friends with Jacob Hansen because of our work together with Pyramaze and many other bands he's produced that are signed with Nightmare, my introduction to Anubis Gate was with him on vocals. I really enjoyed their sound and have been looking forward to working with the band for quite some time. I was concerned when Kim let me know Jacob wasn't moving forward with the band. However, I'm extremely impressed with the vocals of Henrik Fevre on the rough mixes, he has a unique sense of melody and powerful and talented voice and is the perfect choice for the band in replacing the gifted vocals of Jacob."

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Anubis Gate

Posted: 10.03.2011 by White Winter Sun

Comments

Susan - 10.03.2011 at 20:16
"The band has also parted ways with singer Jacob Hansen"
Danyael - 10.03.2011 at 22:07
These guys are confusing the hell out of me with those singer lineup changes. Though I never really liked Hansens vocals, nor any of their albums after Torben Askholm singing on "A Perfect Forever", which is one of best prg albums I've ever heard. I kinda wish he would come back, or at least that this new singer performs with more balls, cos Hansen sounded too soft for my taste.
Ag Fox - 11.03.2011 at 00:10
Written by Susan on 10.03.2011 at 20:16

"The band has also parted ways with singer Jacob Hansen"
Exact same thoughts )=
Susan - 11.03.2011 at 00:28
I'm happy for their future and I'm sure they'll continue to do many great things but... shit. Just, shitty. The Detached is such a fucking masterpiece and I was definitely craving more from that line-up. Vocals can be so crucial, too. I'll try to have faith that the band found a voice that is excellent and fitting to their music.
FishStyx1 - 11.03.2011 at 21:32
I was really looking forward to more "Jacob Hansen" vocals!! Damn!!
Angelic Storm - 11.03.2011 at 21:39
Written by Danyael on 10.03.2011 at 22:07

I really loved the last two albums with Jacob's vocals. But with him leaving, I would have liked Torben Askholm to come back. His vocals on "A Perfect Forever" were amazing.

News Dokken - Sign With Frontiers Records, New Album On The Way 7 24.11.2011 by Oaken
News Legion Of The Damned - Sign With Napalm Records, New Album On The Horizon 7 10.01.2013 by exomorphyx89
News Gama Bomb - Sign With AFM Records, Reveal New Album Title 7 28.01.2013 by LICH
News W.A.S.P. - Sign With SPV Records; New Album Details 7 29.11.2006 by corpsereviver
News King Diamond - Sign New Deal With Metal Blade Records 7 03.12.2012 by ManiacBlasphemer

Hits total: 2002 | This month: 14