Earlier this week, Megadeth only managed to play a six-song set in St. Petersburg, Russia. Apparently frontman Dave Mustaine collapsed (that was a lie, he didn't collapse, he only passed out for a while, our apologies for any confusion, ed.) before the European Carnage Tour show with Slayer (that other band full of old men), and was found to be suffering the effects of a kidney stone. Medical experts wanted to send him to the hospital immediately, but Mustaine insisted on playing at least a short show.

Mustaine issued the following long-winded message explaining the events: "Last night I was getting ready for the concert, and two hours before the show, I started to feel like I had a hernia, or more like I had been hit in the groin.

I told my tour manager that I needed a doctor and that there was no way I was going to get through this on my own; that I thought it might be in my best interest to consider canceling the show.

Now I rarely, if ever cancel shows, and after 45 minutes of prayer with my loving wife and sweating like a dog, I was told to pee for the doctors. They then explained that there was blood in my urine. I was mad; I would say pissed, but that is an obvious pun.

So they gave me an IV, and analgesic, and an anti-inflammatory injection. The next hour is kinda blurry, but I woke up and David Ellefson was holding my hand and praying over me, and even Tom Araya and Dave Lombardo from Slayer came in to check on me, so I knew I was gonna be OK.

For now.

And to anyone that thinks Tom and I are still opposed, I feel sorry for you.

Anyway, when I woke up, they said that there was so many people outside of the venue still, that they could hold the show for 30 additional minutes, and I said, "Guys, I am OK, and we can do this."

Well, the doctors were not amused at all. But then again, they have never met the likes of one Dave Mustaine.

I told the band that I was 'OK' going on for a few songs, to at least help the fans feel a teensy bit better, and that not to allow the promoter to cancel the show.

Please don't get me wrong, the promoter did not want me to cancel, but he also was concerned with my health.

So what was said was this:

Dave Mustaine has become seriously ill (the kidney stone and the blood in my urine), and the doctors are INSISTING he goes to the hospital.

The crowd immediately voiced their displeasure, and right then, perfectly timed, the promoter finished by saying, "But Dave Mustaine is refusing to go to hospital until he can play a few songs for you. So, stand by, because coming up next, MEGADETH!"

The fans lost it.

So we were going to play four songs and someone said, "Let's play "Trust", "Sweating Bullets", "Symphony Of Destruction", "Peace Sells", and the "Holy Wars" reprise," and I said, "We have to play "A Tout Le Monde", and let's put that in before "Sweating" and if I can't do it, then I will just skip it, and we can just go to "Symphony"."

Well, it turns out that all of my friends were praying for me and when the lights went out the audience went off!

I ended up playing all six songs after all, and I truly believe it was the prayer that got that stone out of me.

I feel 95.7% better today, and I don't want anyone else to worry. I am a tough old skunk, and so I am taking this time to explain in more detail than I normally would about a physical matter.

Thank you to everyone who prayed for me, and for everyone that continues to pray for me.

And now, I have a concert I must go to. God bless you all, and now everyone who prayed for me, please pray for Jeff Hanneman of Slayer (who is recovering from surgery on his right arm)."

Source: rocknewsdesk.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Event: Slayer + Megadeth: European Carnage Tour

Posted: 19.03.2011 by Dominus

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

SlaytanicGonzo - 20.03.2011 at 18:40
Apparently this is all a lie

Thryce - 20.03.2011 at 19:10
Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 20.03.2011 at 18:40

Apparently this is all a lie

Nah, only the collapsing part is a "very serious lie". The message we posted here came from Mustaine himself, like it appeared on the Megadeth website, and is thus 100% legit. Only the intro piece was a "very serious lie" and has now been changed accordingly. Truth (like we reported): Dave is indeed having kidney stones, though he still took the stage because he's a motherfucking hero blessed by Jesus H. Christ.

However, if he didn't "collapse", then what the fuck was David Ellefson doing holding Mustaine's hand and praying over him when he woke up?
LeChron James - 20.03.2011 at 22:06
EASE OFF THE SODIUM DAVE. and how the fuck do you approximate a 95.7% recovery? I'm 83.6% sure that's not possible.
RavenKing - 20.03.2011 at 22:20
Written by Kub on 19.03.2011 at 21:29

Alcohol and drugs ate half of his mind, I suppose, and here are the results.

I think this is precisely the reason so many bands are great in their early years and start to suck more and more after a while.
The guys burn so many brain cells they end up unable to write anything good because they have only half a brain left.
Just look at how childishly some old metallers act. They become more retarded as time goes by.
Richard - 21.03.2011 at 04:35
I hope Dave Mustaine never meets Charlie Sheen! The world would probably explode due to the high level of fucken SHITE that would be generated! :lol
Angelic Storm - 21.03.2011 at 07:55
Written by RavenKing on 20.03.2011 at 15:00
That's why I consider religion as a plague on mankind. It causes too much conflict between people.
The world would be better without religion.

I am not religious, and I do think that religion is purely a man-made construction. How much in harmony humans lived before the onset of religion, I have no idea. But certainly, and very ironically, religion (or at least the abrahamic religions) only serves to divide people, instead of bringing them closer together. I think the world would be better off without religion. Im not saying there would be no conflict without religion, but it certainly contributes to the volume of it, because it by it's very nature, is set up to be divisive.
Judas The Priest - 26.03.2011 at 00:05
Written by Angelic Storm on 21.03.2011 at 07:55

Written by RavenKing on 20.03.2011 at 15:00
The world would be better without religion.

I'm a religious person but youre right about the whole division deal, its either good if were all united under it, but when it conflicts its a disaster, nowadays weve got so many people proposing new religions, and accepting all religions and all that shit that its just turning into a whole mess of shit.
Slinx - 10.04.2011 at 07:00
Religion is a good thing, blind tolerance is another. For the record I am very anti-Church but not anti-Religion.

You anti-Christian fuckers (I have to go to my sister's wedding in six months and I still am not looking forward to going to church (I also have to drive the reverend to the ceremony)) need to update your views on religion. Religion is good if you need / want it, bad if you aren't in a 'spiritual mood', but to say this man's religious attitude offends your self-proprieties is fucking insane. Purely bull-fucking-shit.

I would rather have ten religions I didn't believe in (not including Christianity) than ten separate sects of atheists running around, because every fucking atheist I have ever met is not entirely anti-religion, but more so anti-Christianity. They had nothing against Islam, Judaism, Hindu or whatever fucking goat god that people created, which means they aren't really atheists but pretenders. They are just poser rebels; more likely to pray to Thor than to Jesus, because they would rather dig up dead religions in order to be counter-culture than having a true belief.

I'm not claiming that old religions aren't true and that Christianity is, but I believe Faith is essential to your soul, regardless of what you believe. In fact, the last few times I've been in a church (Lutheran) I have felt awkward, but never offended by faith.

You know belief (in Thor, Jesus, Neptune, Satan, the guy from Half-Baked) offers a fuckload more of hope and desire than not believing in anything at all, which is why I would recommend any religion or quasi-bullshit idea concocted than choosing to believe in nothing.

Grow a fucking pair, you poser atheist fucks. If you had balls you would accept a person on their own merits, not by their religion.
Mackaveli2012 - 12.05.2011 at 10:13
Frankly, i don't understand why a person needs to be on his knees, praying to some fictional douche bag in heaven when the "salvation" of his "soul" solely rests on his own hands. It's pathetic and pitiful. I think it was Steve Vai who said that it is up to people to find "God" in the things they create, be that a piece of music or an artwork or a scientific achievement, whatever. Definitely you won't find "God" in a church building full of sweating and grovelling Christians in emo mode or a mosque full of stinking homicidal Muslims. Fuck no.
Stay (sic) - 18.07.2011 at 08:16
Alright. People cause conflict, not religion.

Pages: 1 [2]

News Megadeth - Frontman Forms New Band 6 12.05.2011 by Xim
News Slayer - American Carnage Tour With Megadeth, Testament 4 17.11.2009 by Valentin B
News Rob Zombie - To Enter Studio In June, Announce More Tour Dates With Megadeth 4 29.03.2012 by Boxcar Willy
News Iron Maiden - To Return To The US, Shows With Megadeth 4 08.04.2013 by Captain Obvious
News Rammstein - Part Ways With Frontman 4 17.07.2007 by Hyvaarin