Original news, published on 27.03.2011

Macabre Eternal, the first Autopsy full-length in sixteen years, will be released on May 30th in Europe and a day later in North America through Peaceville Records.

The album was recorded earlier this year at Fantasy Studios in Berkeley, California with producer Adam Munoz. A special vinyl edition of the effort will precede the digital versions exclusively through the Peaceville webstore on May 16th.

Commented vocalist/drummer Chris Reifert: "We've brewed up the sickest and heaviest material that our rotten souls could possibly spew forth, and we are confident that it's our best stuff yet. The EP was a taste of what's to come, but now it's time for the full assault from beyond the grave. The album will contain no repeated EP tracks, no re-recorded old songs, no triggered trickery, and nothing less than the pure death metal brutality that Autopsy has always delivered."

Macabre Eternal tracklist:

01. Hand Of Darkness
02. Dirty Gore Whore
03. Always About To Die
04. Macabre Eternal
05. Deliver Me From Sanity
06. Seeds Of The Doomed
07. Bridge Of Bones
08. Born Undead
09. Sewn Into One
10. Bludgeoned and Brained
11. Sadistic Gratification
12. Spill My Blood

UPDATE [thanks to Abattoir]

Legendary San Francisco Bay Area gore grind act Autopsy have launched a mini-site for the group's long-awaited fifth studio album, Macabre Eternal. Check it out at this location.

Macabre Eternal is slated to hit stores on May 31st on Peaceville Records, while a special double-colored vinyl edition, packaged with a gatefold sleeve and numbered to 2000 copies, will be available on May 16th through the Peaceville webstore at this location.

Source: peaceville.com
Band profile: Autopsy

Posted: 07.05.2011 by Thryce

Comments

Angelic Storm - 27.03.2011 at 14:33
I absolutely love the cover artwork. <3 Can't wait for this, the EP was awesome!
Troy Killjoy - 27.03.2011 at 15:18
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.03.2011 at 14:33

Agreed, same, and agreed.

Quote:

Awesome.
arj - 27.03.2011 at 16:48
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.03.2011 at 15:18

Written by Angelic Storm on 27.03.2011 at 14:33

Agreed, same, and agreed.

Quote:

Awesome.

BrutalN00dle - 27.03.2011 at 18:02
Cover is sick. Can't wait for this.
garmling - 27.03.2011 at 18:14
"Longtime fans can expect several treats on the hour-long album, including AUTOPSY's first 10-plus minute song "Sadistic Gratification". It's 11 minutes and 33 seconds of pure fucking sickness," guitarist Eric Cutler told Invisible Oranges."

12 song, 1 hour...

this will definitely be a killer record with killer artwork!!!
Angelic Storm - 27.03.2011 at 20:09
I'd really love to know who did the artwork for this. It's amazing, and totally the old school way of painting metal covers that seems to be sadly becoming all too rare these days. The EP was very old school Autopsy, as Im sure this new album will be too, so that cover is absolutely perfect for it I think. Won't be surprised if this one is vying for my album of the year spot come December. xD
Thryce - 27.03.2011 at 20:17
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.03.2011 at 20:09

I'd really love to know who did the artwork for this.

Wes Benscoter (Slayer, Mortician, Sinister).
Angelic Storm - 27.03.2011 at 20:22
Written by Thryce on 27.03.2011 at 20:17
Wes Benscoter (Slayer, Mortician, Sinister).

Really? Woah, that's awesome. xD I've long been a fan of his work, and he's really done an amazing job on the new Autopsy cover. Great choice of artist!
RavenKing - 27.03.2011 at 20:34
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.03.2011 at 20:09

Is it me or there is some kind of 'return to old school' or 'old school metal revival' in the air, when it comes to extreme genres, since a while that is very pleasant.
Sometimes, I have the feeling the metal scene starts to turn the switch in its head, see what has been wrong for over a decade, and come back to the roots. I'd like it so much if it could be again like the 90s (when it comes to extreme genres).
As much as I've been negative towards the metal scene in the last years, I see encouraging signs since a while.
toXic_waLtz - 27.03.2011 at 21:03
"old school" is best defined here. the album cover is bone chilling yet such a great feast for the eyes to dine on, exactley like the tomb within. i can't wait for what these death metal gods have instore for after 16 years of anxious silence. i now mark my calendar for the glourious return of fucking autopsy!!!
Angelic Storm - 27.03.2011 at 21:55
Written by RavenKing on 27.03.2011 at 20:34

Yep, the late 80's/early 90's was a great time for me to be growing up with metal, and with the early and defining albums of the extreme metal genres. A lot of the albums from that period, (like Carcass' "Necroticism..." and Entombed's "Clandestine") are still among my favourites today. And it does seem like there is very much an old school revival, when it comes to death and thrash metal. With many classic bands either reforming like Autopsy, or going back to the roots, like Kreator. The late 80's/early 90's was a special period for more extreme metal because of the birth of genres like grindcore, death metal, and black metal. And as such, those times can never truly be recaptured again. But it does seem like there is at least a movement of a return to the spirit of that time which is great to see. The recent Autopsy EP could easily have been released by them in the early 90's, as it's sound is exactly the way it was back then. And no bad thing either! lol
Captain Obvious - 28.03.2011 at 02:13
The EP sounded like it could have been released after Mental Funeral, so this news is obviously exciting. 2011 is looking to be a pretty good year so far in the world of Death Metal
Boxcar Willy - 28.03.2011 at 02:35
Looks like its gonna be good. or a huge disappoint ment
Troy Killjoy - 28.03.2011 at 03:28
Written by Boxcar Willy on 28.03.2011 at 02:35

Looks like its gonna be good. or a huge disappoint ment

Knock on wood motherfucker, or I'll find out where you live.
Void Eater - 28.03.2011 at 03:39
How are those zombies, with absolutley no muscle, carrying that giant skull? This makes no sense... Are those zombie gnomes carrying bigfoots skull? And none of the other zombies are helping.. Cmon, help out your bros.
Troy Killjoy - 28.03.2011 at 05:01
Written by Void Eater on 28.03.2011 at 03:39

I have the skull of an old muskrat that was killed on the road and its flesh totally stripped by birds and whatnot, and it weighs maybe 1/10 of a pound. That skull probably weighs at best 20 pounds, so the effort those two are putting in to carry it seems pretty realistic to me.
3rdWorldFuckface - 28.03.2011 at 16:44
Written by RavenKing on 27.03.2011 at 20:34

Meller - 28.03.2011 at 22:33
This just has to be THE Shit. Otherwise there will be no justice in this universe.
In any case, I have very high expectations. After all, the EP was great, and Autopsy was the band that refused to do any shitty albums. Also Abscess left with a big bang, so there should be motivation enough to do some killer work, to beat Dawn of Inhumanity will be no trick one can do with only one hand...

News Autopsy - New Album Details Unveiled 9 20.04.2013 by Rikke