Season of Mist is proud to announce the signing of Old Silver Key, a brand-new band born from the hyperactive mind of Drudkh mainman Roman Saenko.

Old Silver Key consists of the four Drudkh members plus French artist Neige (Alcest, Amesoeurs, Peste Noire) on vocals.

The aim of this new project is to create nostalgic, romantic and light atmosphere of solitude, beholding, childhood and warmth. The first album is already in recording process.

At the same time, the next Drudkh album is to be recorded this spring/summer. This ninth full-length will mark a return to the band's roots - long songs full of dark emotions and atmosphere of seasons change, close to the Ukrainians' early albums.

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Drudkh

Posted: 02.04.2011 by Array

Comments

!J.O.O.E.! - 02.04.2011 at 16:03
Quote:

Sounds pretty gay to me but I'm still very intrigued.
Kuroboshi - 02.04.2011 at 16:11
Awesome news!! Love both bands, so this is bound to be epic win.
InnerSelf - 02.04.2011 at 16:19
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 02.04.2011 at 16:03

Quote:

Sounds pretty gay to me but I'm still very intrigued.

hahahahahaha , to me it sounded like ,and I am quoting Neige, "Oh god I only have 10 projects which sound almost exactly like Alcest , why not another one to tell the world about my childhood dreams"
I wish that it will not sounds like another Neige album "which is not bad for me at all" since the guys from Drudkh are involved
K†ulu - 02.04.2011 at 16:22
This IS interesting.
!J.O.O.E.! - 02.04.2011 at 16:23
Written by InnerSelf on 02.04.2011 at 16:19

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 02.04.2011 at 16:03

Quote:

Sounds pretty gay to me but I'm still very intrigued.

Haha yep, Neige really needs to stop putting himself about like thinly spread butter. Or maybe do a crustgrind band or something.
InnerSelf - 02.04.2011 at 16:31
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 02.04.2011 at 16:23

Lucas - 02.04.2011 at 17:48
Cool beans.
Vitriolic Hate - 02.04.2011 at 19:24
This ninth full-length will mark a return to the band's roots, Nice it's gonna be Burzum-ish.
Zuzuz0r - 02.04.2011 at 19:34
I read about this some few days ago, but I thought it was some kind of trolling, so I wasn't sure, but now that I see it here, I guess it isn't a trolling after all. I'm quite interested in this, but, as much as I love Neige and Drudkh, I wouldn't want it to be a remake of Alcest, I just want something.....different.
shadowdragonfly1 - 02.04.2011 at 22:59
Sounds interesting, the bad part is that Neige's projects end up with the same feeling and atmosphere, its getting old by now...
nilzardo - 03.04.2011 at 01:19
I would be happy with much more stuff from Neige. People who think that Neige is putting out too much stuff or that his themes and ideologies are "gay" should go back to their unoriginal lame super manly we-all-sound-the-same-metulz bands and piss off. I'd love a crustgrind project though.
Kenos - 03.04.2011 at 05:40
I knew this was going to happen...
Chainer - 03.04.2011 at 18:49
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 02.04.2011 at 16:23

Written by InnerSelf on 02.04.2011 at 16:19

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 02.04.2011 at 16:03

Quote:

Sounds pretty gay to me but I'm still very intrigued.

Maybe really take a risk: how about a country and western album? Hey dudes with cowboy hats can still make music about 'romantic solitude/furious masturbation/what ever all that gay shit means.
Dangerboner - 03.04.2011 at 19:13
That is the gayest description I've ever heard.

will still listen though

edit: damn, JOOE beat me to it
Mikyz - 03.04.2011 at 21:50
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 02.04.2011 at 16:03

Quote:

Sounds pretty gay to me but I'm still very intrigued.

Not really, it sounds like its going to be in the vein of Alcest's Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde, which had the same idea of out of this world dreamy and warm overall atmosphere. I'm looking forward to this.
Et Ermit - 04.04.2011 at 21:42
It should be interesting, but that's not enough, let's see if this is just a side project, or it's really something.
rekkuza- - 05.04.2011 at 19:53
Looking forward to this... ^^
Valddan - 25.04.2011 at 22:59
If Neige has a hand on this project, then its good.
Troy Killjoy - 26.04.2011 at 01:17
Written by Valddan on 25.04.2011 at 22:59

If Neige has a hand on this project, then its good.

Thoughts like that lead to fanboyism. Just a minor warning for you.
drudkhsheepdawg - 29.04.2011 at 05:14

I need some pasta
Valddan - 18.05.2011 at 17:24
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.04.2011 at 01:17

Written by Valddan on 25.04.2011 at 22:59

If Neige has a hand on this project, then its good.

Thoughts like that lead to fanboyism. Just a minor warning for you.

I said that based on ALL Neige's projects (or at least with his participation) that I heard so far.

Alcest, Amesoeurs, Lantlôs, Pest Noire, Mortifera, ... I like all that music. So, I don't have any reason (so far) that says that I won't like this project.

If something "goes wrong" I will be the first to say it. No worries about that.

Also, I don't like fanboys either.
Array - 30.06.2011 at 17:23
Season Of Mist updated:

"OSK's debut album is entitled Tales Of Wanderings and has been scheduled for a September 16th release (September 27th in North America)..."

Edit;
Update 6.7.2011:

01. What Once Was And Will Never Happen Again
02. November Nights Insomnia
03. Cold Spring
04. Nineteen Winters Far Away From Home
05. Star Catcher
06. Burnt Letters
07. About Which An Old House Dreams
Ahmad - 21.07.2011 at 21:08
A new song is up on youtube:
Mikyz - 07.08.2011 at 02:44
Written by Ahmad on 21.07.2011 at 21:08

A new song is up on youtube:

It sounds great! Much better than anything on the last Drudkh album, looking forward to the release of this album along with Alcest's new output.
Zuzuz0r - 07.08.2011 at 03:24
Kinda sounds like Katatonia.

News Born Again - New Band Feat. Crystal Viper, Stormwitch, Majesty Members 7 13.12.2009 by The Shape 1973
News Bro Jovi - New Band Feat. Aborted, Abigail Williams Members 7 31.07.2010 by S.K.Ø.M
News MaYaN - New Band Feat. Epica, Ex-After Forever, Pestilence Members 7 10.09.2010 by GT
News Temple Of The Black Moon - New Band Feat. Cradle Of Filth, Gorgoroth, Anthrax Members 7 24.05.2011 by Windrider
News Pretence - New Band Of Former The Old Dead Tree Members 7 11.08.2010 by Marcus