The upcoming new Draconian album, A Rose for the Apocalypse, will be released on June 23rd through Napalm Records. A limited beautiful digi-pack version with one bonus song will be available.

Vocalist Anders Jacobsson issued the following update: "We are sorry for keeping the lid on during the writing and recording process of this album. It has been a quite hard route, at least for me, to get things right and in order. I guess, most art is flowing without restraint and changes during the time of its construction, and sometimes even the artist him/herself needs time to comprehend it.

Jens Bogren of Fascination Street sprinkled his magic over the songs during the production- and mixing process and each and every song found its way. We are grateful to have such a committed producer and we can only feel blessed by the experience to once again have made another album reality at Fascination Street.

The new album is called A Rose for the Apocalypse and deals with a vast dilemma we're all facing as one species; the horrors and contradictions we've created in our 'nature-divorced' system. The title refers to the collapse of this structure, built by mindless human opinion. It also refers to the necessity of its demise. We are trying to capture the gloom of its realization. I don't know if we'd want to call this a conceptual album, but most songs certainly deal with the same topic in one way or the other. I've reached a point in my life when my eyes remain open.

To most of you A Rose for the Apocalypse might appear a darker, more threatening album compared to the previous Turning Season Within. And yes, it is different in several ways, but Draconian remains the same. I have often said that our new work resembles a mix between the old and the new Draconian and will unite fans of both preferences. While listening to this album I feel a lot of history comes together in one place, at least sound-wise.

Our old friend Olof Göthlin contributes with some of his excellent violin skills on the album. Cover and layout is created by the amazing Seth Siron Anton (Paradise Lost, Kamelot, Rotting Christ, Moonspell etc). We sincerely hope we've created an album that will make impact on our beloved fans. Thank you for keeping up, sticking by us and maintained your faith in Draconian."

[Also thanks to Behdad K for sending in this news.]

Source: draconian.se
Band profile: Draconian

Posted: 10.04.2011 by Natassja

Comments

Dark†SymphonY - 10.04.2011 at 14:13
I can't wait for this and I really like the album title.
MechanisT - 10.04.2011 at 14:14
Don't like the album title, but I've got high hopes for the album in general. I really liked Turning Seasons Within, so it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. Keeping my feelers crossed.
Earthbound - 10.04.2011 at 14:29
Thank you Anders Jacobsson for keeping our eyes open as well.

a darker album called A Rose For The Apocalypse. countdown, already started.
Enemy of Reality - 10.04.2011 at 15:10
Sounds great!
Abattoir - 10.04.2011 at 15:37
Keeping an eye on this one...
serega25 - 10.04.2011 at 15:54
Cassian - 10.04.2011 at 16:08
My god! I have been waiting for this for what seems like forever!
.:Nataras:. - 10.04.2011 at 17:37
Yeeeeeees!!!!! can't wait!!! \m/
but! I'm agree with MechanisT i don't like the album title too
Dark Blood - 10.04.2011 at 18:07
Good news! Looking forward to this album. Every Draconian album is a gloomy fresh and dark breeze at the same time, and I bet this one's no exception.
ImperialTroll - 10.04.2011 at 18:29
I've been wondering where those guys were hiding! I can't wait!
Behdad K - 10.04.2011 at 19:16
Written by .:Nataras:. on 10.04.2011 at 17:37

Yeeeeeees!!!!! can't wait!!! \m/
but! I'm agree with MechanisT i don't like the album title too

Since Draconian is my fav band, I will like anything they do! Such as an album title like "A Rose for the Apocalypse" !
But let's not judge just by a title and wait for what it really is.

Andres Jacobsson himself said that it's darker that their last release "Turning season Within".
So I think I'm pretty excited about it.
DevilishSong - 10.04.2011 at 23:15
I like the concept of this album , and hence its so reasonable that the music be darker than "Turning season Within" , i hope as Jacobsson said , they wouldn't disappoint none of their fans ...
Opethian - 10.04.2011 at 23:40
Ahh thank you so much Draconian! This has to be some of the best news that i have heard in a while
SlaytanicGonzo - 11.04.2011 at 00:06
I only listened to Arcane Rain Fell, but I love that album. I'll check this one out.
muska - 11.04.2011 at 00:18
Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 11.04.2011 at 00:06

damn you gotta listen to Turning Season Within. albums like that should not go unnoticed. one of my all time favourites
Dominus - 11.04.2011 at 02:01
I want it
SlaytanicGonzo - 11.04.2011 at 02:03
Written by muska on 11.04.2011 at 00:18

Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 11.04.2011 at 00:06

I'll take your advice and give it a listen
Bedeadorsatanic - 11.04.2011 at 13:44
Holy shit Shit shit shit shit !.......i caaaaaaaaaant wait
Vonpire - 11.04.2011 at 17:23
I can't wait either!!! \../
dismaleuphony - 12.04.2011 at 06:08
An easy pre-order for me, can't wait to hear it and check out the artwork Great title as well.
Forsaker - 12.04.2011 at 09:39
Helllllllllllll draconian \m/
Umideath - 12.04.2011 at 12:19
I will explode soon, Draconian and Saturnus >>> Gods of my forever
Umideath - 12.04.2011 at 13:16
Written by Bedeadorsatanic on 12.04.2011 at 13:01

Written by Umideath on 12.04.2011 at 12:19

I will explode soon, Draconian and Saturnus >>> Gods of my forever

kishi sozove galah gizil sonan yazsinar

thanks my brada
Justicelust - 13.04.2011 at 19:15
My God! a mix between the old and the new Draconian! that is amazing, I hope it will be more like Turning Season Within coz I like it so much. I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!
Behdad K - 16.04.2011 at 21:21
After asking some questions about the meaning of the album title and what it means exactly, finally Anders Jacobsson himself came and posted this in their official forum. Just read it yourself:

Quote:

However, let it be known that the title of the new album has nothing to do with ToT's 1997 release "A Rose for the Dead".
I never thought about it until I saw someone talk about it here.

Briefly I can say what I mean with the title. I actually mean "A Rose for the Apocalypse" quite literally. I am sending my support, my love and my hopes to the ending of this system, or this 'world', if you will. "Apocalypse" in the sense I mean it here is collapse, and collapse forces change. Take a look at the world, ourselves... the values that dominate, the separating culture, the nature-absent thoughts that form people and their identities, what they do and what they pass on to our children, and so on. And then we ask ourselves why the world is going to shit...! It is a poisonous circle trapped in itself, and just as all systems ours too will collapse, because it is not sustainable. So I give a rose to the apocalypse, cuz it might just pave the way to something much better.
Sadly, people tend to need a slap in their face to take a step back and look at things differently.

Actually, I think this makes a great topic for a doom/gothic album.
To be socially conscious can never be wrong...
We are dealing with pure hell in this world, my friends. We have to
look no further. A good source of inspiration, I suppose.

In a decaying society, art, if it is truthful, must also reflect decay.
And unless it wants to break faith with its social function, art must
show the world as changeable. And help to change it.
- Ernst Fischer

h.max - 18.04.2011 at 16:43
A mix between old and new Draconian, can't wait to hear this

and yeah, the title made me remember of ''a rose for the dead'' too
InnerSelf - 27.04.2011 at 16:10
New song online

Bedeadorsatanic - 28.04.2011 at 12:24
Perfect &Amazing
Night Sight - 01.05.2011 at 18:11
Darker album,mix of old and new,different from the previous album and also concept album
ii is great.i can't wait to hear this

News Detonation - UK Tour Announced And New Album Update 5.5 23.10.2008 by LeChron James
News Symphony X - Release New Album Update 5.5 15.07.2014 by Sword_Chant