Original news, published on 19.04.2011

"You I Need", the brand-new single from Finnish heavy metallers Amorphis, has been made available for streaming over at MySpace.

"You I Need" comes off the band's upcoming new album The Beginning Of Times, which will be released on May 27th in Europe and June 7th in North America through Nuclear Blast Records. More album details were previously reported over here.

UPDATE [thanks to Vargsmal, Blizk and *!* for the news!]

"My Enemy", another brand new song from Finnish metallers Amorphis, is available for streaming at the band's Facebook page.

"My Enemy" comes off the band's forthcoming album, entitled The Beginning Of Times, which will be released on May 27th in Europe and June 7th in North America through Nuclear Blast Records.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Amorphis

Posted: 07.05.2011 by BudDa

Comments

Risto - 11.04.2011 at 18:41
Also available on their Facebook page if you want a more smooth player.
Dark Blood - 11.04.2011 at 18:42
Pretty nice song if you ask me. Has a nice and catchy melody. I like it!
Dargor - 11.04.2011 at 18:51
I really like it! Sounds like a nice follow up to Skyforger.
Permafrost - 11.04.2011 at 20:22
Is it the first single ? I guess so because there are no grunts. First song i heard of skyforger was "silver bride" and back then I thought; hmmm.. a little to soft but the album was great, so I hope this one is too.
Lotus - 11.04.2011 at 22:09
Nice melody, it has that "Skyforger sound" Can't wait for the album.
Warrior_Of_Ice - 11.04.2011 at 22:21
I like it
Elodie Artour - 11.04.2011 at 22:53
Nice melodic one. Me likes it too.
Vitriolic Hate - 12.04.2011 at 01:13
Indeed, a pretty catchy track.
Troy Killjoy - 12.04.2011 at 01:23
Written by Lotus on 11.04.2011 at 22:09

it has that "Skyforger sound"

Thank you for ruining my day.
moe5512 - 12.04.2011 at 02:14
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.04.2011 at 01:23

Written by Lotus on 11.04.2011 at 22:09

it has that "Skyforger sound"

Thank you for ruining my day.

you thought it would sound like Tales from the thousand lakes? C'mon it was 17 years since then, Motörhead is like the only band that has kept the same style for that long.

(sry if that wasn't your point)

I think the song is avarage, but it took a time for me to like Silver bride so this song will surely grow on me. The new album will be great!
Troy Killjoy - 12.04.2011 at 02:16
Quote:
Written by moe5512 on 12.04.2011 at 02:14

Thank you for ruining my day.

(sry if that wasn't your point)

I'm definitely not expecting a return to their early '90s material; I just really disliked Skyforger. Silent Waters was more consistent and simultaneously offered more variation, whereas Skyforger felt like an average heavy metal album with some progressive elements.
moe5512 - 12.04.2011 at 02:23
Quote:
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.04.2011 at 02:16

Written by moe5512 on 12.04.2011 at 02:14

Thank you for ruining my day.

(sry if that wasn't your point)

Okey sorry then, Now I can respect your opinion!
Void Eater - 12.04.2011 at 04:18
This kinda reminds me of a pop rock song... Not bad but if this is what the album is like, then I have no interest in it.
Milena - 12.04.2011 at 08:13
It's nice.
Risto - 12.04.2011 at 09:52
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.04.2011 at 02:16

I'm actually amazed that Lotus managed to "ruin your day". It's always best to judge Amorphis by yourself because otherwise this band will just suckerpunch you time after time (yes, to me it sounded like you hadn't even listened to it). All journalists who have heard the (unmastered) record have said it's musically more diverse than Skyforger, so don't lose your hope.

"You I Need" reminds me of "Silent Waters", though it's even less radio friendly (least of all Joutsen era singles). Main keyboard line is a nostalgia trip back to Tales...
Jeeers - 12.04.2011 at 10:29
I think, after surprising and fresh Eclipse it all went slightly downhill - Amorphis is too predictible and boring now in my opinion.

We'll see what the future will bring....
Troy Killjoy - 12.04.2011 at 15:00
Written by Risto on 12.04.2011 at 09:52

I haven't listened to it yet; my sound card is broken so I have to wait for digital versions of albums so I can download them onto my Zune, but I wouldn't say Amorphis have the ability to suckerpunch me. The last time I was really pleased with Amorphis was when Eclipse was released (5 years ago), and before that: Elegy (10 years ago). I suppose I will consider this a suckerpunch if it's even remotely better than Skyforger.
Grimskallen - 08.05.2011 at 10:25
I respect the old era and the new era, but I tend to favour the tales' album. Also I've been put down by the lack of variation in the latest three albums, so I personally would hope for some more experimentation and balls on this new record.
Risto - 08.05.2011 at 12:04
Written by Grimskallen on 08.05.2011 at 10:25

The fact that the album will have growls in 8 out of 12 songs is pretty intriguing, combined with comments about more diverse drum arrangements.
Grimskallen - 09.05.2011 at 08:31
Still thats 4 songs entirely without growls, hopefully those won't feel too safe or boring. I've never fully apreciated the silent waters song for instance, compared to the rest of the album the song just doesn't give me much.
and btw, yesterday I saw the Amorphis guys at the airport in Helsinki, with the moonsorrow guys, whats even cooler is the fact that I met Cornelius Jakhelln of Solefald on Oslo airport the same day
Doc Godin - 09.05.2011 at 10:10
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.04.2011 at 01:23

Written by Lotus on 11.04.2011 at 22:09

it has that "Skyforger sound"

Thank you for ruining my day.

Bah! I loved Skyforger. If this is in the same realm as Skyforger, I'm going to enjoy it. It was a good majestic piece I found really varied. "My Enemy" sounds far more aggressive than anything on Skyforger, while You I Need would fit right in it seems.
Troy Killjoy - 09.05.2011 at 13:53
I won't check this out until it's released in its entirety, but I'm still not expecting anything better than Skyforger, which in all honesty just put me to sleep.
!J.O.O.E.! - 09.05.2011 at 16:30
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.05.2011 at 13:53

I won't check this out because I have no soundcard and therefore cannot listen to it.

Edited for truth =P
Troy Killjoy - 10.05.2011 at 00:42
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 09.05.2011 at 16:30

Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.05.2011 at 13:53

Edited for truth =P

True, but still...
Dark Blood - 10.05.2011 at 21:59
Both songs are really good. Awesome vocals on "My Enemy".

News Amorphis - Another New Song Streaming Online 9 05.04.2013 by flames23