Official press release

Last week we showed you the amazing artwork to the first single Deliver Us. Today we can for the first time show the artwork for the new album Sounds Of A Playground Fading which is also made by Dave Correia (http://www.playwithknives.com/):

We can also announce the tracklist for the new album:

01. Sounds Of A Playground Fading
02. Deliver Us
03. All For Me
04. The Puzzle
05. Fear Is The Weakness
06. Where The Dead Ships Dwell
07. The Attic
08. Darker Times
09. Ropes
10. Enter Tragedy
11. Jester's Door
12. A New Dawn
13. Liberation

Sounds Of A Playground Fading will be released on the following dates around the world:

June 15 - Sweden
June 17 - Germany, Austria, Switzerland & Norway
June 20 - UK, Benelux, France, Greece, Denmark, Portugal & rest of Europe
June 21 - North America, Spain, Italy
June 22 - Finland, Hungary
June 24 - Australia, New Zealand

The first single Deliver Us from the upcoming album will be released on the following dates around the world:

May 06 - Sweden, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Norway, Australia & New Zealand
May 08 - UK
May 09 - Benelux, France, Greece, Denmark, Portugal & rest of Europe
May 10 - North America, Spain & Italy
May 11 - Finland & Hungary

More details about the single Deliver Us were previously reported over here.

Source: inflames.com
Band profile: In Flames

Posted: 13.04.2011 by Sepulchre

Comments

MechanisT - 13.04.2011 at 23:37
It just gets worse and worse and worse...
malaikat - 14.04.2011 at 00:01
Well, the song titles are... uh... nice?
Elio - 14.04.2011 at 00:34
Lol they are still talking about this Jester
LoudBoy26 - 14.04.2011 at 00:39
THIS SUCKS
MechanisT - 14.04.2011 at 00:39
Written by Elio on 14.04.2011 at 00:34

Lol they are still talking about this Jester

A sly reference to Jesper, perhaps?
Vitriolic Hate - 14.04.2011 at 02:02
Written by MechanisT on 14.04.2011 at 00:39

Written by Elio on 14.04.2011 at 00:34

Lol they are still talking about this Jester

A sly reference to Jesper, perhaps?

maybe? who knows... Anyway I've started losing hope for them since Come Clarity & when Jesper left the band was the final blow.
iMorphball - 14.04.2011 at 02:07
Man, people are so critical!

I don't doubt that they'll put out good music. It's obvious that it won't be the next Jester Race or Clayman or anything like that, but, it'll be good music nonetheless!

I'm personally excited. \m/
bluegreengod - 14.04.2011 at 02:49
That's some really badass album artwork! I just wish that us north america folks wouldn't have to wait until almost a whole week after the initial release. That's gonna be torture!
The Voyager - 14.04.2011 at 02:51
I like the artwork. Who knows, this might be good. You guys really shouldn't judge things so quickly, without hearing absolutely anything from the album.
Troy Killjoy - 14.04.2011 at 02:53
Written by The Voyager on 14.04.2011 at 02:51

There wouldn't be a need for an update from the band every time something like artwork is unveiled if fans didn't judge it. The point is to create hype for the upcoming album, and if the artwork is generally considered to be a piece of crap, that's what people will talk about until they hear the music.
Lonniehaskel - 14.04.2011 at 03:01
A band doesn't have to write their pinnacle album in order for me to enjoy it (I'm a Keep of Kalessin fan, still), but seriously, In Flames hasn't written anything I've enjoyed in a decade.
MeloDeathViking - 14.04.2011 at 03:23
As much as I hate the artwork and and song titles, I am still looking forward to this album.
Kuroboshi - 14.04.2011 at 04:31
Most of the titles smell really rancid, but "Jester's Door" seems interesting. I guess just that they chose to have the word Jester in some song title, gives me some hope.
Super_Greg - 14.04.2011 at 04:43
I actually kind of like the artwork. As for the song titles, I don't think In Flames has ever had cool song titles. Them, Dark Tranquility, and other Gothenburg bands have always had lame sounding song titles in my opinion.

One question, what is with the Jester theme in most of the albums? I'm not a real hardcore In Flames fan, but I'm just curious what its about.
flamesoficarus - 14.04.2011 at 04:48
I was expecting a swing set in there somwhere
Void Eater - 14.04.2011 at 05:35
Well, at least there's no playground on the cover. No hope for this album though. We we we not so excited.
Swietowit11 - 14.04.2011 at 06:15
*waves magic wand and turns this post into the single and album release dates for Wintersun's "Time".
silenius - 14.04.2011 at 06:34
Boring
The Voyager - 14.04.2011 at 07:09
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.04.2011 at 02:53

Written by The Voyager on 14.04.2011 at 02:51

Yeah, I get that, but drawing some kind of correlation between your like/dislike of the album art to your potential like/dislike of the music has never made sense to me.
Super_Greg - 14.04.2011 at 07:27
Written by The Voyager on 14.04.2011 at 07:09

Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.04.2011 at 02:53

Written by The Voyager on 14.04.2011 at 02:51

Fitlhy_Camel - 14.04.2011 at 08:37
WTF is up with people?? The song titles? Come one.. What have they got to do with anything?? And who can honestly say that the artwork isn't amazing? That's one of the most beautiful covers I've seen in a long time - art!
Aeonfrost - 14.04.2011 at 09:09
Artwork ain't bad, i dunno why some people didin't like it. The song titles.....atleast they are better than COB's new album.
Angelic Storm - 14.04.2011 at 09:23
The artwork is nothing mindblowing, but it's certainly far from being amongst the worst album covers I've ever seen. As for the song titles, I never place to much emphasis on them without hearing the songs. I remember seeing the tracklist to Helloween's new album last year, and thinking a lot of the titles sounded stupid, but I love the album, so song titles alone rarely give an indication of overally song quality. Still, "Where The Dead Ships Dwell" is a great song title, Im also very intrigued by "Jester's Door". Even though I know it probably won't be about the band's mascot.
Eeric - 14.04.2011 at 10:03
The artwork is very atmospheric, first thing that came to my mind is a poem, written by no other than Edgar Allan Poe, entitled The Raven. and that's a good thing. and for music, i know they will do a great job
DarkSwan - 14.04.2011 at 11:34
Nice artwork.
FeskarN - 14.04.2011 at 12:30
Cool artwork. Let's hope it's better than the previous album.
fazzeh - 14.04.2011 at 14:12
Oh well. I've come to love every album In Flames has made in its own way. The quality is open for discussion but I don't really care that much; it's a different band nowadays and I respect that.
nilzardo - 14.04.2011 at 17:34
I wish they'd do a post-rock/ambient/crust/powerviolence/death metal/doom/stoner/psych/shoegaze/black metal/drone record.
ImperialTroll - 14.04.2011 at 17:54
I like the artwork but I think I'm gonna hate the songs, the Jester thing is a desperate attempt to bring back old days IMO
iMorphball - 14.04.2011 at 18:11
Concerning the album artwork, at least it doesn't feature a random Mexican dude running a muck in a dark forest wearing a pink warrior costume and wielding a plastic sword.

And, as for song titles, as long as they looking nothing like this, it'll be fine!
X5452 - 14.04.2011 at 19:31
I love this artwork, it's simple yet detailed.
Uldreth - 14.04.2011 at 21:01
For some reason I fail to see the hate the album cover and the songtitles get. I like the album art, and while the titles themselves do not appear to be any special, to me they sound far far more interesting than A Sense of Purpose.

I do not have high hopes nor do I expect the album to be a Lunar Strain or Subterranean but if CoB could pull out a semi-decent album after two far worse ones there might be a bit of hopes. And to me the art/titles seem to at least point towards that direction.
odcrl - 15.04.2011 at 11:30
Artwork screams nu metal
malaikat - 15.04.2011 at 15:07
Written by iMorphball on 14.04.2011 at 18:11

That cover is awesome imho and those songtitles at least sound like a deliberate joke.
I really like the "new" In Flames, Come Clarity was a decent, fast, slightly dark album, but ASOP was a really big letdown, and it seems it would only get worse with this Playground thing. I'm tottaly ok with the more "commercial" sound of Gothenburg metal as heard on Reroute and Clarity - it's not AS GOOD as the Clayman era, but it is at least enjoyable (I rather listen to that kind of "mainstream" metal than Linkin Park, Korn or even Trivium). This coming albumsimply reeks of ASOP: dumbed down, predictably melodic screamo with lazy-written lyrics about DEPREEEEEESION and SAAAAAADNESS and DEPREEEEESION... That's not the In Flames we know, In Flames we know KNOW how to make good music, trve melodeath or not. This is just... well, lazy.
And God I hope I'm wrong. "Jester's Door" gives me some hope that this will be at least new Reroute, and not new ASOP (I don't think anyone sane now hopes for a new Clayman - that train is, sadly, long gone).
Born-2rise - 17.04.2011 at 09:08
The song titles... too mainstream, i'm sure ive seen 413094174 other titles just like them, and euhh, well the album art is a step up from the last 2 but still nothing interesting, i have the lowest hopes for this album
R.I.P IN FLAMES <3
Born-2rise - 17.04.2011 at 09:10
Written by malaikat on 15.04.2011 at 15:07

Written by iMorphball on 14.04.2011 at 18:11

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA nice man (Y)
Troy Killjoy - 17.04.2011 at 14:10
You can have mainstream song titles? Wouldn't that just be a tracklist of celebrity's names or famous bands or something? I don't understand how a song called "Liberation" is mainstream. Maybe the song deals with being liberated.
Born-2rise - 17.04.2011 at 20:49
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.04.2011 at 14:10

when u have 10+ artists having different songs of the same title, i think u can call that mainstream
iaberis - 16.05.2011 at 12:43
Sounds great!
TouchOfRed - 19.05.2011 at 22:15
In case anyone is still wondering about the "Jester" reference, it's an In Flames symbol/mascot created by Anders and Niklas Sundin after "The Jester Race" and it features in either the artwork or in this case song titles on every other album they've released since.

News Primordial - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 12 22.02.2011 by MechanisT
News Wolf - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 11.5 05.03.2011 by Ag Fox
News Amon Amarth - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 11.5 18.01.2011 by Dark Blood
News Nominon - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 11.5 24.02.2010 by JÄY
News Unleashed - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 11.5 22.02.2012 by Rulatore